Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

TikTok Video Uploads

fp909
Jun 10, 2021 - permalink

This is targeting specifically Tiktok rips, but also any video--when uploading please choose representative images to be the cover for the post so it's not a black screen or something that doesn't really show the content--there's an option to pic a screenshot when you upload

Jun 10, 2021 - permalink

If this is about giving wide-angle videos preference over the tall skinny frames that are all too common on Tiktok, I agree fully.

Jun 10, 2021 - permalink

If this is about giving wide-angle videos preference over the tall skinny frames that are all too common on Tiktok, I agree fully.

He means choose a thumb so they don't look like this.

fp909
Jun 10, 2021 - permalink

Can’t do anything about the aspect ratio sadly, but yes, a better thumbnail is better for everyone

cgsweat
Jun 11, 2021 - permalink

Expert tip for uploaders:

Use snaptik.app to download Tik Tok videos. It will remove the annoying overlay (watermarks) and, to use the example from Hallows' comment, it removes the worthless 5 seconds at the end of the clip.

Jun 11, 2021 - edited Jun 11, 2021 - permalink

I've never noticed a worthless 5 seconds at the end of a Tiktok video. Most of them only last about 5 seconds in total, which I suppose suits those who have short attention spans. And if I got it wrong about anyone advocating wide-angle shots, I still favor them for videos where there is a lot of horizontal arm action (hero curls and wide grip chinups and pullups. It keeps the biceps in clear view rather than running off the side margins when flexing etc.

fp909
Jun 11, 2021 - permalink

For me it’s more I would like to see a cover photo that’s representative of why you are posting, not some blurry frame of someone’s head. I think this is a general “concern” as uploads just go up in bulk by users but I think some would get the attention they deserved if they had a better wrapper. Sometimes the site doesn’t randomly pick the best frame

Jun 13, 2021 - permalink

@fp909: I agree with what you're saying as well.

tamarok
Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

Also choose videos where there is enough muscle content to make it worthy of the site. We don’t want videos where less than 60% is muscle, for example.

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

tamarok★ stated:

Also choose videos where there is enough muscle content to make it worthy of the site. We don’t want videos where less than 60% is muscle, for example.

1 of these days, someone will upload a TikTok containing 59.93% of muscle.

And on that day, Math will be unleashed like never before

fp909
Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

I mean, I think you know what he means, but having a girl dancing with a half-hearted flex doesn’t really cut it.

On that note, All those uploads of Zummer Pagan that are virtually identical (yes she has muscles, no she doesn’t flex them) are a little excessive. She’s flexes maybe a few times but things that are so similar like that kind of fall under the umbrella, and trust me I wish she would flex more

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

fp909★ mistakenly added:

On that note, All those uploads of Zummer Pagan that are virtually identical (yes she has muscles, no she doesn’t flex them) are a little excessive.

There's no such thing as excessive Zummer Pagan vids, fp909★! Only more to love with each new video.

You are part of the Fat Alliance and a traitor! Take him away!

(Mods, I'm not really Darth Vader, BTW, but I do expect you to check Ef Pee Nine Oh Nine for a bad motivator)

Chainer
Jun 16, 2021 - edited Jun 16, 2021 - permalink

This is one reason I don't like publishing detailed, specific rules. I have no interest in rules lawyers trying to find the exact action that just barely doesn't cross the line.

I agree that while Zummer's few flexing pics/vids are great, her near-identical dancing videos have heavy diminishing returns and that this point probably add near 0 value to the site.

fp909
Jun 16, 2021 - permalink

fp909★ mistakenly added:

There's no such thing as excessive Zummer Pagan vids, fp909★! Only more to love with each new video.

You are part of the Fat Alliance and a traitor! Take him away!

(Mods, I'm not really Darth Vader, BTW, but I do expect you to check Ef Pee Nine Oh Nine for a bad motivator)

lol trust me i have PLENTY of muscle motivation

tamarok
Jun 16, 2021 - permalink

@there indicated:

tamarok★ stated:

And on that day, Math will be unleashed like never before

The 60% wasn’t meant to be a hard number, and just really anything that doesn’t present enough muscle content for our liking. It is fuzzy, but in reality the point is if you need to explain where the muscle is, then there probably isn’t enough.

Also remember a person can be fit, but not have sufficient muscular definition for the site.

Jun 16, 2021 - permalink

IMHO most Tik Tok videos are so poorly shot they're hardly worth posting om GWM regardless of muscle % or definition. The really well shot vids are usually posted from platforms that don't severely limit the size, scope, or duration of the videos.

Jun 17, 2021 - edited Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

Chainer chained:

I agree that while Zummer's few flexing pics/vids are great, her near-identical dancing videos have heavy diminishing returns and that this point probably add near 0 value to the site.

Oh my god, they got to Chainer. The entire site's been compromised!

This is just like when Han went to Cloud City, and found out Lando was in cahoots with Vader.

Am I to understand from this that you will have your Mods delete Zummer dancing vids without any prior warning?

[deleted]
Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

Imo banning tik tok videos from the site would be a major blow. I’ve had Tons of great finds from there

fp909
Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

No we wouldn’t retroactively clear zummer posts but just ask that you be a bit more selective when posting them. In my perspective unless the dance is WILDLY different in displaying her Physique it’s not worth posting.

Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

No we wouldn’t retroactively clear zummer posts but just ask that you be a bit more selective when posting them. In my perspective unless the dance is WILDLY different in displaying her Physique it’s not worth posting.

Like, if she DOESN'T stick her tongue out...

Jun 17, 2021 - edited Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

I've seen a few great videos here from Tik Tok, but they have to wide angle views or I'm generally not too interested. Unfortunately most are tall and skinny either due to over-cropping the sides or holding the camera vertically instead of horizontally. This often means a lot of waste space above and below the subject yet usually no more than one arm visible at a time and almost no lateral movement by the subject is possible without losing content. I guess most GWM users don't mind this but I do, so just call me old fashioned! I prefer the old style wide angle shots. BTW I never suggested banning Tik Tok from GWM. I believe in freedom of expression and just ignore anything on GWM that doesn't appeal to me, which I think is what most of us "voyeurs" do here. If I seem a little too eager at times to express some negative as well as positive opinions of what I see on GWM, I guess I'm just exercising my own right to freedom of expression.

cgsweat
Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

I guess most GWM users don't mind this but I do, so just call me old fashioned! I prefer the old style wide angle shots.

I don't think it's a matter of preferring it, all we can do is take what we can get. If someone's favorite model posts 90% on tiktok, then they pretty much have no choice.

[deleted]
Jun 17, 2021 - permalink

Most of the well known models, like Claire Thomas, Guusje van Geel, Ida Bergfoth, Lauren Findley, etc., post mainly on Instagram and their tik told are either mad empty or just copy and paste from their ig account. But for lesser known girls that I find, it’s the opposite. So their tik tok is really the only way to post their content. The only thing I have against posting tik tok girls is that they could blow up on here (like the girl I posted a couple days ago) and they end up finding out and going private.

fp909
Jun 18, 2021 - permalink

Tiktok is much more likely to get these girls to flex. Since I joined there have been at least 6 different flex trends. It’s a literal gold mine of flexes, more than Instagram ever was for a lot of these women. I’m not poopooing the stuff coming from there unless it’s like the same repetitive dances that were big like a year ago.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »