Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

Some notifications contain no pics at all

May 15, 2021 - edited May 15, 2021 - permalink

I've run into this a few times now where a model that I have subscribed to shows up on my notifications list, but when I click the name, the result is the screenshot below - there are no pics at all, and no way to unsubscribe.

In this case, I'm able to remove the name in parentheses and search for the model just using the first and last name, and the search finds the model's pics. I had mentioned this earlier in the suggestions forum when replying to a thread there, and one of the members suggested removing the name in parentheses. I did so, and then unsubscribed from the model and re-subscribed, thinking it would resolve the issue since the name in parentheses isn't part of the model's name on those search results. It doesn't fix it... I still get notifications for the model that include the name in parentheses, and it still shows no images.

cgsweat
May 15, 2021 - permalink

I locked one of her uploads to "Jasmina Mujanovic (jjasminamujanovic)" so you should be able to unsubscribe. I'll change her name back later.

Chainer
May 15, 2021 - permalink

Ah yes, I see how this would be an issue, and should be fixed.

May 15, 2021 - permalink

I was able to unsubscribe, thank you.

May 15, 2021 - permalink

Oops, I spoke too soon! After you changed it, it did give me the option to unsubscribe from the image with the parentheses, and then I resubscribed to her picture thread using her other pics... and it's still notifying me using the name with the parentheses in it, producing the same result when clicked on.

cgsweat
May 15, 2021 - permalink

Sounds like an unintended conflict going on in the code, so that becomes a job for Chainer. Hopefully he'll see this soon, and if not you can always send him a message.

Chainer
May 15, 2021 - permalink

What's happening here is that your subscription for Jasmina Mujanovic gets triggered by the the full name with the parens ("Jasmina Mujanovic (jjasminamujanovic)").

The logic here is that if you have a subscription to Firstname Middlename, and someone tags a picture with Firstname Middlename Lastname, you want the subscription to trigger. In this case though, you don't.

I'll have to think about how to solve this.

May 23, 2021 - permalink

@Chainer: not sure I agree that we don't want Firstname Middlename Lastname to trigger. If subscribed to Firstname Middlename, and someone tags a picture with Firstname Middlename Lastname, I DO want the subscription to trigger -- but trigger using the Firstname Middlename subscription (just like a search for Firstname Middlename will also show images for Firstname Middlename Lastname). What happens now is subscription is triggered ONLY for Firstname Middlename Lastname, and NEVER for Firstname Middlename -- even though we're subscribed to Firstname Middlename. Anne Mohn Reims is example of the above.

Don't know whether the issue is with the subscription notification logic, or issue is that some of us have somehow subscribed to both Firstname Middlename Lastname and Firstname Middlename and we cannot undo the former.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »