Forum > Requests > Thread

[Solved, Heather Cassils] Help me remember...a dancer on steroids.

M76
May 14, 2021 - edited May 16, 2021 by Imagine - permalink

I'm looking for the vids of a contemporary dancer, but I forgot her name. Obviously she used to be very muscular, she did an "experiment" where she started taking peds, and wanted to see how muscular she would get in a certain amount of time. There was also eccentric stuff on her like melting ice with her body.

I think the time period is about 10 years ago so around 2010-2012-ish. But I might be wrong about that. I also vaguely seem to remember that her stuff was posted on vimeo.

Anyone can help me out?

May 14, 2021 - permalink

Are you thinking of Layla Mikayla, maybe?

M76
May 14, 2021 - edited May 14, 2021 - permalink

Nope. She had a whole website dedicated to the "experiment" and posted daily nude progress pics.

May 14, 2021 - permalink

Sounds interesting.

[deleted]
May 14, 2021 - permalink

You're thinking of Heather Cassils

M76
May 14, 2021 - permalink

You're thinking of Heather Cassils

Yeah, that's her! Thanks, as soon as I read the name I Immediately recognized it.

May 14, 2021 - permalink

Not a dancer, but there's an artist called Cassils who did something similar around the same time frame. Are you thinking of them?

cgsweat

legend0091 on Jul 17, 2017 writes:

@avaecorant Actually.... https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/201... So, transgendered.

May 14, 2021 - permalink

She's not transgender, she's "gender nonconforming", which I guess means she is surgically unaltered, but doesn't identify as a single gender.

Point being, she is-or at least was prior to the experiment-a woman by sex. So acceptable for this site.

Any idea what the website was, I found one called "Lady Face, Man Body", which is I guess what she entitled the experiment.

https://www.cassils.net (NSFW, in an artsy way). The project OP is probably thinking of is "Cuts: A Traditional Sculpture".

I realized I've actually had a video of that timelapse on my PC since 2011. "Hard Times" (NSFW) is another interesting one.

Also, looking at their projects I feel like the artist has a pretty deep exhibitionist streak that may or may not be an acknowledged part of the performances (knowing avant-garde art, probably acknowledged and just folded in to the concepts)

EDIT: These appear to be their old and new Youtube accounts.

Imagine
May 16, 2021 - permalink

The project OP is probably thinking of is "Cuts: A Traditional Sculpture".

Definitely this one! Here are the images of her transformation in the highest resolution I could find:

M76
May 16, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by chipperpip
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »