Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Mods And Image Uploads

May 11, 2021 - permalink

Do Moderators approve their own uploads? Or are any images uploaded by staff put into the queue for screening by another member of staff out of some form of fairness?

Chainer
May 11, 2021 - permalink

Yes, and typically no.

cgsweat
May 11, 2021 - permalink

Do Moderators approve their own uploads? Or are any images uploaded by staff put into the queue for screening by another member of staff out of some form of fairness?

Are there any uploads that seem questionable? You must have some in mind.

May 11, 2021 - permalink

cgsweat★ posted:

Are there any uploads that seem questionable? You must have some in mind.

No, none whatsoever. I just wondered if Mods have "superpowers" to upload to their heart's content, or if there's some type of checks and balances system where they're bound by approval from another Mod.

You know like when people ask how the sausage is made behind the scenes

Chainer
May 11, 2021 - permalink

Mods generally don't upload beyond the number of direct uploads that would go unchecked for a regular user anyway, but even if they do, I already trust them with judging other users' uploads so I don't see why I wouldn't trust them to make good uploads themselves.

Imagine
May 13, 2021 - permalink

I just wondered if Mods have "superpowers" to upload to their heart's content

Our uploads are also handled equally - just exactly the same as uploads from non-moderators. The same rules apply, e.g. if a moderator happens to upload a duplicate, then we don't steal it from you but merge ours into yours, making you the "image owner".

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »