Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Option to pin pics within our favorites list

May 11, 2021 - permalink

Hi guys,

Every once in a while you find one of those pics that you just don't want to lose track of. I suggest the ability to pin your favorites to the top of your list to avoid them getting washed away by the influx of new favorites, which inevitably happens (to me, at least).

What say you?

cgsweat
May 11, 2021 - permalink

My personal opinion?

If it's that important that you wouldn't want to lose track of it, then you should probably download or bookmark it in your browser. Otherwise there are already several different ways you can sort your Favorites list. And over time, the pinned images you suggest would just keep growing I would imagine. 10... 100... 1,000, etc. Chainer can weigh in if he wants, but he's already got a ton of other things going on right now.

May 11, 2021 - permalink

Not a bad suggestion, expedient923. Not everyone wants to store images of muscular women on their devices, and this would keep a special image without losing track of it.

cgsweat★ added:

.....over time, the pinned images you suggest would just keep growing I would imagine. 10... 100... 1,000, etc. Chainer can weigh in if he wants, but he's already got a ton of other things going on right now.

That could easily be solved by putting a limit to the number of images you can pin to your favorites list

May 11, 2021 - permalink

If it's just one pic, you could unfavorite it and favorite it again, to bring it back on top. Not a perfect solution, but it works.

May 11, 2021 - permalink

I do the unfavorite and re-favorite a pic occasionally, yes. But as you say, that'd work for one or two pics. The effort it would take to continuously try to maintain a growing list I want to see again at the top using this method though, that would become a slowly-but-surely ever more obnoxious task considering that I favorite a small handful per day. And my list is nowhere near as long as a number of people here. The pin limit is a good idea, it would prevent a similar issue happening and keep the point of it in perspective so as not to become just another 'favorites' list that eventually has the same problem at a slower rate. Personally I run into a pic worth saving like that once every 2-3 months, so I can't see myself easily overloading a "top 100" list like that too fast, and by the time I had I could likely justify removing some older ones. Might be different for others.

And yes I could save to my PC, or favorite them, etc. but this leaves the potential for mistakes to be made, as they have in the past. I'm not the only one who uses this PC =\

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »