Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

What's with the people whose screen name is [deleted]?

Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

Who are these people are why are they "deleted"?

Chainer
Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

It's because their account is deleted, almost always by the user themselves.

We (the staff) don't delete accounts except by request. Occasionally we ban accounts but those don't show up as [deleted].

cgsweat
Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

These are people who deleted their own account. Usually they come back under a different name.

Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

So how are they still able to post comments?

Chainer
Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

The comment was posted before the account deletion?

Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

I'll swear I've seen new comments appear under that name, but you would know better than me.

Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

I'll swear I've seen new comments appear under that name, but you would know better than me.

I think that's just his or her username. Deleted...is the username.

cgsweat
Apr 30, 2021 - permalink

Chainer can correct me if I'm wrong, but I am speaking from simple observation from a mod's perspective. When a user deletes their profile, the system immediately changes their name (visible to the public) to [deleted]. At this point, none of their comments or uploads are deleted, because in many cases that would be detrimental to the site. After all, why would we want these uploads to disappear because one person (of their own accord) decided to delete their account? And it is impossible to do anything further with a [deleted] account. Now, if HalfKorean has a specific example of

I'll swear I've seen new comments appear under that name

then we would be more than willing to discuss it further.

tamarok
May 02, 2021 - permalink

Right now I don’t see any user by name:

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/users/userlist/

Imagine
May 04, 2021 - permalink

Maybe the image was merged and so are the comments. This way it's possible that a comment, that you haven't seen before because it was on a duplicate, is later visible after it has been merged.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »