Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Muscle woman clichés you're tired of

May 06, 2021 - permalink

The biggest cliché is that muscle women don't sell. Hollywood will gaslight us and virtue signal all day about how they are for strong female leads, but in reality they are the most bigoted bunch imaginable. And don't even want to try strong independent female leads.

Hollywood bigoted?? Ya think?!!!

May 06, 2021 - permalink

Reports of celebs that state they're showing off their INCREDIBLY toned abs, or legs, or arms and then the images show no muscle.

Female characters in cartoons getting muscled as a throwaway gimmick and they lose it all.

A muscled female but they're just a background character.

Some character visits a gym and there's only men lifting weights.

Girls and women who possess superhuman strength but aren't visibly muscled.

Muscled women being used for a joke now that fat jokes are off limits

Maybe there is a movie trope called "Checkov's Female Bodybuilder" where if there is ever a woman in the gym lifting there automatically has to be an entire scene with her. falling into one of the other stupid tropes lol.

Oh! I was shooting by TV last night and saw this whole bit on a cartoon where a woman was trying to get these kids super buff and... I guess she did. But I had never seen any of these wacky children before. They also had a black chef who took their game tablets away. They were antagonist mean to her, but the show was pretty cool about her crossfitty buffness

Apr 09, 2024 - permalink

This is a small cliche in cartoons - comedy ones, not serious adventure ones - and it's done with males just as often as FBBs. The legs are out of proportion with the rest of the body, and look like non-bodybuilder legs (either completely or almost completely).

It's a harmless little joke, but it seems like a missed opportunity - why not give the MBB or the FBB legs that go with everything else?

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »