Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

Notification Issue

Apr 17, 2021 - permalink

Sometimes my notifications will tell me I have new photos for a model I have subscribed to, but when I go to that model, I see nothing new.

Example: Notifications yesterday said there were new photos for https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

When I go to the page, the newest photo is one I already liked when it was first posted 4 days earlier.

IPad OS 14.14.2 using Safari that comes with the OS.

Apr 17, 2021 - permalink

same happens to me. I thought maybe it was doing it because someone posted a comment under the photo. Its annoying

Apr 17, 2021 - permalink

Same thing here. I assumed it was either because A) photo that triggered notification was deleted by time I checked model page, or B) notifications are actually triggered when photo count for model changes, and not when new photo is added, meaning if an old photo is deleted/merged the photo count changes and I get notified but there's no new photo to see. Perhaps @Chainer could elaborate more on how it works.

Chainer
Apr 17, 2021 - permalink

It could be:

• Someone added a name to an older picture, so it shows up somewhere in the middle of the model's pics, and if there are a lot of pics, you won't notice
  • There was a new pic, but it was merged (into a duplicate) or deleted since it was posted, before you saw it
Apr 21, 2021 - permalink

It could be:

• Someone added a name to an older picture, so it shows up somewhere in the middle of the model's pics, and if there are a lot of pics, you won't notice
  • There was a new pic, but it was merged (into a duplicate) or deleted since it was posted, before you saw it

Thanks. Those both make sense. Either of those are probably hard to identify, and figuring it out further would probably just waste time that would be better spent enjoying the site.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »