Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Countries with higher amount of muscular women

Imagine
Jun 29, 2021 - permalink

They are frequently seen at the gym, definitely - Venice beach is best place to find them.

That's like saying "You can find Christians in churches" 😅

Jun 29, 2021 - permalink

It seems to me that Korea must be swarming with them, from the number on this site.

Jul 08, 2021 - permalink

In Columbia it almost seems like the norm that girls have toned abs, arms and legs - though some of it could be fake/surgery

Jul 08, 2021 - permalink

The United States hands down.

Massachusetts probably has the highest per capita. You'll see them in a lot of places during the summer. Airport, Whole Foods, the subway, etc.

I go to Whole Foods from time to time, and even with going to multiple locations in my city I have never seen a muscular woman there. I have seen what look like yoga practitioners and maybe dancers, but never women who look like strength athletes

Jul 09, 2021 - permalink

Brazil by far

Oct 23, 2021 - permalink

The highest amount is probably in China because China has the largest population. But as a Chinese who live in a rich city, I have never found any girl muscular even in the gyms. The people in the gym I go to are 90% males

Oct 23, 2021 - permalink

There is almost none in France, because steroïds are banned here.

Oct 23, 2021 - permalink

Every country has plenty of them, just because you dont see anyone, it doesnt mean there are not many. Also, remember that not everyone likes to post pictures of themselves on social medias.

Oct 23, 2021 - permalink

In Switzerland, I know about a dozen women bodybuilder. But None are natty, except may be one.

Oct 23, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Oct 23, 2021 - edited Oct 23, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Highprotein
Oct 23, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Oct 25, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Highprotein
Apr 28, 2022 - permalink

I agree with Gunoga77..

More gender equality = more muscular women.

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

Themyscira ;)

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

When I was young, I thought both Germanys and the USSR were loaded with muscular women.

Yeah, uh, no, they are not. 🤦🏽‍♂️😅

In fact, after the Curtain was shattered the Wall came down, and we in the U.S. had generally more exposure to actual human beings from that part of the world, I was rather surprised to hear so many women athletes say they perceived/received only a very small degree of societal support for building their bodies. Like many people coming here for other reasons, they viewed the U.S. as a Promised Land for bodybuilding opportunity.

So, my vote goes to the USA, though I could see a small country with a ton of great CrossFit athletes – yes, I’m talking Iceland – potentially holding the per capita crown.

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

I think the USSR literally banned bodybuilding at some point but you did have a lot of other athletes like gymnasts.

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

I have read stats now (on paper so I can not link to it). I have investments in a big gym chain in Europe and I have received a report with the spread between men/women members in 19 European countries.

It’s actually interesting because you can really see the correlation between gender equality and girls in gyms. You can also see local differences in parts of countries where you would find more “macho” behaviour for example in the countryside.

So acceptance, urbanity and gender equality is true!

So in urban parts of Sweden and Norway the gyms have more female members than male and it goes down to only 30% female members in smaller polish towns. And from this you can understand what it looks like in other parts of Europe.

I’m 44 and I still go to clubs in Stockholm on a regular basis. It’s interesting to see so many girls that would have had a hard time finding dates when I was young who now attracts the average young dude. It’s really accepted to be on the muscular side and it has only started. I only wished I was 20 now!! 😎

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

Having a membership in a gym doesn't mean much. At least here, in France. A lot of girls goes to the gym, but almost none go to the weight area. It's only treadmill, eliptical trainer and zumba.

Apr 29, 2022 - edited Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

It says a lot, because in 1970 95% percent were men even if the 5% women only did Zumba.

In France today there are still fewer women in the gyms than Northern Europe. So you understand that when the gyms in France have 50% women they will move from the dancing studio to the weights.

And off course. France is still totally hopeless when it comes to the fascination of really slim girls with small perky breast. I’m sorry for you. 😬

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

I'm sad about this ;( It may be a cultural heritage of the countries that belonged to the Roman Empire, or something like that.

kbs
Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

I was in Brazil a few times, try that.

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

Colombia seems to have a high amount of muscular/fitness women on the webcam sites

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

Ohhh Canada

Apr 29, 2022 - permalink

I have read stats now (on paper so I can not link to it). I have investments in a big gym chain in Europe and I have received a report with the spread between men/women members in 19 European countries.

It’s actually interesting because you can really see the correlation between gender equality and girls in gyms. You can also see local differences in parts of countries where you would find more “macho” behaviour for example in the countryside.

So acceptance, urbanity and gender equality is true!

So in urban parts of Sweden and Norway the gyms have more female members than male and it goes down to only 30% female members in smaller polish towns. And from this you can understand what it looks like in other parts of Europe.

I’m 44 and I still go to clubs in Stockholm on a regular basis. It’s interesting to see so many girls that would have had a hard time finding dates when I was young who now attracts the average young dude. It’s really accepted to be on the muscular side and it has only started. I only wished I was 20 now!! 😎

Agree I live in scandinavia and half of the gyms are filled with girls. They do crossfit and weight training. Also women are much fitter here. I saw a couple of muscular girls but never at the fbb level, even if one of the trainer used to be bodybuilding.

« first < prev Page 3 of 5 next > last »