Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Predictions for Olympia WPD 2021?

[deleted]
Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

Will Villegas repeat? Is there any way to gauge who will be competitive?

Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

Villegas might take it again. Most of the physique girls look way too big. A few more pounds of muscle, they could compete with the likes of Iris Kyle and Andrea Shaw. If physique is truly about flow and symmetry, Villegas best embodies that as of right now.

[deleted]
Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

Villegas might take it again. Most of the physique girls look way too big. A few more pounds of muscle, they could compete with the likes of Iris Kyle and Andrea Shaw. If physique is truly about flow and symmetry, Villegas best embodies that as of right now.

I agree, but who knows what the judges will do? Look how quickly the men's Olympia went from Rhoden back to the less aesthetic mass monsters.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing how far Alyssia Kiessling and Stephanie Flesher go.

Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

I agree, but who knows what the judges will do? Look how quickly the men's Olympia went from Rhoden back to the less aesthetic mass monsters.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing how far Alyssia Kiessling and Stephanie Flesher go.

Kiessling and Flesher look so good this year!

The inconsistency of the judges is why I don't like physique much. Some years it's who's bigger, other years it's who's balanced... At least with bodybuilding, we know they're looking for mass and conditioning. Even Rhoden's win felt understandable because of Phil Heath's bubble gut. Heath aside, Rhoden definitely was no slouch onstage with the likes of Bonac and Winklaar.

We'll see how it goes, though. To be honest, I'm more excited for the women's bodybuilding division. The competition looks stacked!

Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

Too many of you all are sleeping on Natalia Coelho. There is a reason why she's a 2x Women's Physique International Champion and has been in the top 3 in every Olympia she's competed in. She's also in her early 20s and her muscle maturity is among the best in the industry, IMHO. So I wouldn't count out Natalia at all.

Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

Too many of you all are sleeping on Natalia Coelho. There is a reason why she's a 2x Women's Physique International Champion and has been in the top 3 in every Olympia she's competed in. She's also in her early 20s and her muscle maturity is among the best in the industry, IMHO. So I wouldn't count out Natalia at all.

True, I forgot about her! She seems to do well outside of Olympias, though. It’s a shame, because you’re right - for someone so young, her development is top tier.

fp909
Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

Kiessling and Flesher look so good this year!

The inconsistency of the judges is why I don't like physique much. Some years it's who's bigger, other years it's who's balanced... At least with bodybuilding, we know they're looking for mass and conditioning. Even Rhoden's win felt understandable because of Phil Heath's bubble gut. Heath aside, Rhoden definitely was no slouch onstage with the likes of Bonac and Winklaar.

We'll see how it goes, though. To be honest, I'm more excited for the women's bodybuilding division. The competition looks stacked!

this is how Dani Reardon got fucked lol she was dense and muscular, but compact, and suffered for it. She might have done much better now, or maybe not, who knows, but sometimes the judges just make flips

Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

this is how Dani Reardon got fucked lol she was dense and muscular, but compact, and suffered for it. She might have done much better now, or maybe not, who knows, but sometimes the judges just make flips

Let’s be honest, Dani was never meant to be a physique girl.

[deleted]
Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

What's not physique about Reardon? Should have won in 2016, IMHO.

I don't think that the athletic look in female bodybuilding ever totally went away after DLB. Hopefully with Villegas it is here to stay in the WPD, because I don't see anyone in the open division carrying it.

Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

What's not physique about Reardon? Should have won in 2016, IMHO.

Like fp909 said, she looked so compact that it made her seem bigger than she probably was. In her YouTube videos, she almost looked big enough to be an open bodybuilder.

fp909
Apr 09, 2021 - permalink

when i met her she seemed HUGE for her size, this about right in her prime years, october 2014 or 2015. i asked her about it once or twice and that's what she had lamented about that she was being punished for that. definitely agree she should have won in 2016--she is SHORT though and stocky. She stands 5' even ish and Shanique grant is 5'4", Sarah Villegas probably the same? That 4 inches goes a long way to move some muscle around on a frame.

i managed to buy a few videos from dani back in the day, and at the time she wasn't doing much posing aside from physique stuff, but when she finally did the bodybuilding side chest for me I was blown away, killer pose for her. Same with the most muscular.but way too "bulky" looking for physique at the time

Apr 10, 2021 - permalink

I should have posted photos in my previous photos, but based on the criteria, I don't see how Natalia can't be Miss Physique Olympia this coming year.

Apr 10, 2021 - permalink

Shanique is like 5'7"...

fp909
Apr 10, 2021 - permalink

Shanique is like 5'7"...

my quick google search lied to me :(

[deleted]
Apr 10, 2021 - permalink

I want to like Coelho, but her delts still seem too out of proportion to me, along with her forearms.

It looks like she may have gotten smaller implants. Overall I'd say she looks better than last year.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »