Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Improving the image comments

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

I don't mean to be rude, but the filter is obnoxious.

You can't type anything, and once the system rejects your comment you're done.

Goethe's Faust doesn't meet the minimum quality threshold. šŸ§

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

Aside from the obvious...viewing the most beautiful females on earth, sharing thoughts and reactions, with others is part of the appeal on this site. I understand improving the comments, eliminating some of the annoying remarks but this filter has gone berserk. Also, like gominhos stated, once you're rejected, good luck trying to edit or reshape your comment. Even just erasing it and trying something completely different, you're still out of luck.

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

I don't mean to be rude, but the filter is obnoxious.

You can't type anything, and once the system rejects your comment you're done.

Goethe's Faust doesn't meet the minimum quality threshold. šŸ§

Well Goethe is so overrated, I'm glad the filter could detect it. It is probably the only good thing about that damned filter

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

Aside from the obvious...viewing the most beautiful females on earth

Damnit Quark!

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

> > Ah, but that would require them having to think with their brains rather than their d***s, which seems to be a tall order.

You mods just can't seem to slow down your roll on insulting and belittling the users of this site. I don't know how you could think that's a good thing to do. If you're trying to make a lot of people feel unwelcome here, you're doing a great job.

Thank you Halfkorean for your contributions to this discussion, you have made many good points and this is a particularly striking one and good observation! :)

M76
Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

Yes, unfortunately, most of the comments are rejected. This happens too often.

I don't know I haven't had a single one of my comments rejected since the activation day of the filter.

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

I don't know I haven't had a single one of my comments rejected since the activation day of the filter.

Same here

Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

It may have something to do with frequency of comments. Admittedly I comment a lot. So if a comment seems repetitive, it gets bounced. The two persons above M76 and Gatsby don't comment that often compared to some of us.

Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

You know how they say? The bigger the better. Well she is the biggest so she is the best! I tried to comment this one Natalia Trukhina's post and it says I didn't meet the minimum quality treshold where comment above is 1 short sentence which clearly met the minimum quality treshold.

Sep 01, 2022 - edited Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

In my opinion ( someone that used to post a lot)

They are killing the overall enjoyment of the site for the majority of the returning contributors though. At least from what Iā€™ve read and heard. But just my opinion. Just tonight Iā€™ve tried to write 6 very normal, complimentary post all of which were rejected. Too long? Too short? Yet a post above them concerning ā€œhard onsā€ seems to get through. Itā€™s become to much work to actually post anything creative. Oh and if youā€™re not creative and just repetitive, thatā€™s bad too. Lol. The site has lost its charm. Anyone who competes knows how to deal with ā€œbadā€ comments and in most cases doesnā€™t bother them. You grow a pair and move on. We (used to be me anyway) donā€™t need a filter to protect us. Enjoy the site for what it is or move on. There is no utopia for this subculture of the sport. Anyway just from my frustrations of trying to make some very nice complimentary comments tonight. And NO, they didnā€™t have my fave word in them. šŸ„°šŸ‘šŸ»

Oh and let me tell you something about that repetitive stuff. When I worked my butt off and dieted, missing cake and parties etc. and for six weeks I couldnā€™t eat crap. I got on that stage in a bikini. If I heard people yelling the same thing over and over again such as ā€œyou look greatā€, ā€œnice bodyā€, ā€œnice legsā€, ā€œgreat tanā€, etc. I wouldnā€™t care how many times someone said it or if the same person said it over and over again. I would be glad to hear it. And I honestly think most of the people that are in these photos would not care how many times the same thing was said over and over again. I get the ideas, but a filter this restricted? I dunnoā€¦.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

In my opinion ( someone that used to post a lot)

They are killing the overall enjoyment of the site for the majority of the returning contributors though. At least from what Iā€™ve read and heard. But just my opinion. Just tonight Iā€™ve tried to write 6 very normal, complimentary post all of which were rejected. Too long? Too short? Yet a post above them concerning ā€œhard onsā€ seems to get through. Itā€™s become to much work to actually post anything creative. Oh and if youā€™re not creative and just repetitive, thatā€™s bad too. Lol. The site has lost its charm. Anyone who competes knows how to deal with ā€œbadā€ comments and in most cases doesnā€™t bother them. You grow a pair and move on. We (used to be me anyway) donā€™t need a filter to protect us. Enjoy the site for what it is or move on. There is no utopia for this subculture of the sport. Anyway just from my frustrations of trying to make some very nice complimentary comments tonight. And NO, they didnā€™t have my fave word in them. šŸ„°šŸ‘šŸ»

Oh and let me tell you something about that repetitive stuff. When I worked my butt off and dieted, missing cake and parties etc. and for six weeks I couldnā€™t eat crap. I got on that stage in a bikini. If I heard people yelling the same thing over and over again such as ā€œyou look greatā€, ā€œnice bodyā€, ā€œnice legsā€, ā€œgreat tanā€, etc. I wouldnā€™t care how many times someone said it or if the same person said it over and over again. I would be glad to hear it. And I honestly think most of the people that are in these photos would not care how many times the same thing was said over and over again. I get the ideas, but a filter this restricted? I dunnoā€¦.

Well said! Couldn't have put it better myself.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

@kristifigure...thank you so much for your thoughtful words. Coming from a woman who has probably heard it all, maybe at last, it'll sink in to the mods. The filter doesn't discriminate against rude comments, it discriminates randomly, against the more active posters. The only ones who seem to defend the "filter", other than the mods, are the people who very rarely post.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Miss Kristi comments! Many of us do!

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Well stated Kristi. I have always enjoyed your comments, so I think your opinion should carry a lot of weight in the "debate."

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Well stated Kristi. I have always enjoyed your comments, so I think your opinion should carry a lot of weight in the "debate."

I suggest we include a special exception for her in the filter. Because that's what this is all really driving at.

I have a reason to believe that she means what she says. I also have a reason to believe that 98 % of what all these horny guys would say in the same situation is just part of a fantasy with no idea what it actually takes to build a nice this or nice that.

So there is no valid reason for anyone to piggyback on what Kristi says. And I certainly hope that she isn't inviting anyone to do so.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Sentence "quality" determination is a very difficult problem within computer science and any home grown solution is going to be bad.

So there is no valid reason for anyone to piggyback on what Kristi says. And I certainly hope that she isn't inviting anyone to do so.

Anyone can add or comment to Kristi's post. Her first comment concerning the filter was ," it's killing the enjoyment of the site". I can't speak for others but I've had several women reach out to me in private messages, thanking me for my compliments and kind remarks. Not every comment is lewd or fantasy driven. Women that build their physiques to the levels we see here, definitely don't mind compliments.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Comments can make the site fun, but I mostly like all of the pictures on the homepage. It's like Instagram on steroids.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Anyone can add or comment to Kristi's post.

Of course anyone can say anything. But the moral force of the argument is based on what I said there already. That there is some thought and some effort in the comment. "Free speech" in itself has no such moral force. Especially these days when there is so much worthless speech or even speech with negative value. In other words, free speech is often just an evil. Neither "compliments" as a broad category, because sometimes it is not possible to tell them apart from plain drooling.

Maybe the filter could have two different sets of rules or get disabled for those who know how to behave. Those who clearly put some effort and thought into their comments should have it easier, because even though they might use the same words, they either use them more sparingly or there are good reasons to believe that their words carry more meaning. And I am 40 % convinced that it'd be quite difficult to program the filter to know the difference.

Privilege abused is privilege lost. That's how it should work.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Exactly. I'm visiting this site a lot less lately, I'm fed up with this ridiculous filter, and missing what people really think.

Neither "compliments" as a broad category, because sometimes it is not possible to tell them apart from plain drooling.

Maybe the filter could have two different sets of rules or get disabled for those who know how to behave. Those who clearly put some effort and thought into their comments should have it easier, because even though they might use the same words, they either use them more sparingly or there are good reasons to believe that their words carry more meaning.

If compliments are given to a video or photo, does it really matter if the poster was also drooling at the time. I was told by a few members of this site, that women get aroused watching a man or woman go nuts over their muscles. I doubted that, thinking it was their own private fantasy, until.....I experienced it first hand. It's very easy to tell which women are flexing and playing to their audience as opposed to the ones simply working out, or flexing and posing. Some of these women probably love the excited comments. I have tried to tone down my comments, to satisfy the filter but it still made little difference.

I was told by a few members of this site, that women get aroused watching a man or woman go nuts over their muscles.

I could have told you as much. But over 99 % of the time it's another man, another user of this site who reads the comments.

If compliments are given to a video or photo, does it really matter if the poster was also drooling at the time.

Well, the one single comment does not actually tell you that. But as some time passes, you begin to notice and understand when the commenter is serious and when he is just drooling. You begin to make a connection between the individual commenter and his other comments. Once you realize that, the idea that the person knows what he is talking about or that he is just full of nonsense is quite impossible to unsee, unfeel and unlearn, and rightly so.

(Added soon:) I wonder if anyone has thought of the filter as a collective punishment? I do not mean to say that it is one. But logically people who feel wronged should or at least could turn against those who rightfully deserve the censorship. I still think there are more of those who are the problem than those who suffer without being part of the problem. Priority one is to solve the problem. Priority two is to do as little harm as possible. A secondary problem is that most of the complainers have these priorities reversed.

Sep 01, 2022 - permalink

Chainer, get rid of the filter. Trying to control comments is not appropriate for a site like this. It just annoys the users. Why not scroll past comments you don't like, like the rest of us? All comments are useful from a data management perspective. Heaps of short pointless comments is excellent data. It tells you that people were excited about the photo. It usually means there was something special about it.

Sep 02, 2022 - permalink

I grew up in an era when muscular females were nearly as rare as a unicorn. Consequently, I've spent thousands over the years on paysites, videos, photo sets, etc. I've also sponsored 2 female bodybuilders, who seemed to struggle with the cost in this industry. No names, so please don't ask. No strings attached, never met them, I just loved their passion and their sincere, genuine attitude. This site beats any other site out there. The variety, the constant newcomers and updates. I especially enjoy conversing with others, sharing reactions and comments. The last part is being disrupted greatly by the filter. Personally, I would gladly pay for a membership to this incredible site. How that would actually work is beyond me but count me in, if that ever comes to fruition. Maybe if people were paying for the privilege to be here, their comments would be accepted more. Just a thought.

« first < prev Page 7 of 9 next > last »