Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

IS this a fetish site... or not?

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I'm hardly the only one to notice that the schmoes are running the henhouse here. So many photographs are hihacked by a handful of members with silly comments that push the photos to the front of the queue on the home page. These comments are so pedestrian and repetitive that they are common fodder for ridicule around here. Do you recognize:

• Strong!
  • Oh! I love her feet!
  • She can beat her boyfriend into a pulp
  • Goddess!
  • I would worship at her feet and serve her every need.
  • Her thigh is larger than my entire gf
  • Come to Lorraine (Ohio)
  • Grow bigger baby!
  • Her legs are head crushers!
  • ... others

The Admins and Moderators know this all quite well and do everything that can to protected the tender sensibilities of these social deviants. Consequently, the vast. vast majority of members rarely, if ever, post comments that may be more pertinent or relevant to the actual athletes and the sport to which they commit. And that is an absolute shame.

This begs a most important question once and for all:

IS GWM principally a FETISH SITE meant for the perverse enjoyment of those who live in the dark underworld of female bodybuilding? Is this the INTENT of the Admins and creators of this site? Was this the INTENT when this site was first established?

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

This cracks me up because it's a bad faith loaded question with an obvious answer. Most people log onto the site, get their rocks off, and log off. Some people leave (comically) fetishizing comments, some don't. If you don't, why do you care if people do? You posted this ranting "question" not because you are "asking questions", but because the comments bother you and you want the admins to stop the strange fetish comments. I would ask you what a "proper comment" on a site with scantily clad muscular women would be then? Is your point of your post to "upset and offend" the "tender sensibilities" of the membership here? Do you really want the comments gone or are you just here to shit on peoples fetishes? What is the end goal of this? You obviously knew this would irritate or you wouldn't have made an independent account to post this one topic.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

It is a fetish site for me and probably many others.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

i genuinely love how meta this is getting

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Why do you care? If you don’t like it kick rocks!

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

If it wasn't already obvious ANY website, forum, or social media page about "appreciating muscular women" is catering to people with a fetish. Do you really think anyone is going there to be inspired or to show their appreciation for muscular women without getting off to it? Most of these pages will have messages like "this will inspire you" or "promoting female fitness" so it doesn't seem obvious to the general public but all the views they get are from people with a fetish.

[deleted]
Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

The about section states anyone is welcome to contribute. Im not sure if the people that set up the site also included perverts. Lol

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I knew full well that there might be many schmoes who would be offended by the mere fact that I'd post this issue in the first place. Schmoes live the in shadows of society because of their perverse preferences. The anonymity of the Internet lets them speak loudly and confidently in forums such as this. I invite that. So be it.

I love the sport of women's bodybuilding. I'm involved with the sport. I'm a certified competition judge. I'm married to an amateur athlete. Any suggestion that a website that showcases athletes in the sport MUST BY ITS VERY NATURE be a fetish site is absolutely ridiculous. That is one perverse justification.

I wonder. Do people subscribe to sites that highlight, say, football players? Does that mean that those who do subscribe "get off" on those athletes?

So, I ask again: is this a fetish site? Because if it is, it should be presented as one and it it's not, people should be encouraged to take their perverse fantasies to another place wherein they would be welcomed among likeminded fetishists.

Seems like a fair question to me.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Pineapple sounds like tiny man who has been emasculated in area larger much superior woman!

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Again, why is this your hill to die on? You are married to an amateur athlete so do YOU find muscle attractive? Does that make YOU a schmoe? You browse on this site to...what...? You just went out of your way to shame everyone on here for liking what you like for...what reason? What is the end goal of your bad faith questions? Would you be happy if comment sections were erased and there would be no comments at all? This site is Girlswithmuscle, very broad and vague. It encompasses everyone,and everyone includes a lot of schmoes. I dont understand why you have made a point to shit on us when the rest of society already does in public. Loving female muscle and not being a roided up insecure alpha man makes you a schmoe by comparison so we flock to the internet communities we have but you STILL come here to shit on us. I'm so happy for you and your accomplishments in bodybuilding and keeping the sport going but let's turn this around. You're really coming off like an insecure bully who wants to label everyone on here because you hate knowing you have the same schmoeness the rest of us do. Maybe you need this...maybe you need to punch down. Maybe you need to convince yourself you're different from us on here. Personally as someone whose competed on the stage and dated a fbb I know who I am and I'm not ashamed. I love female muscle, you wanna denigrate me and others on here for that it honestly just makes you look in denial of your own fetish.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Football is popular to the masses, female bodybuilding is not. Most of these athletes make way more money wrestling on the side or getting on camera than they do from competing because the support isn't there. You might not like it but it just is what it is.

Every time I've come across any popular post to do with muscular women there are always clear red flags that they're capitalizing on the fetish aspect of it which is what makes it popular. There's even that youtube channel of this guy who interviews female bodybuilders and asks them a whole bunch of questions about their journey but towards the end he asks them to flex with the excuse that it will "inspire the viewers to work out". He then realized he could just cut out the flexing parts and upload them as a compilation and ended up getting way more views because people didn't want to sit through the whole interview just to get to the flexing part. Now he realized that he could just upload the flexing clips exclusively to onlyfans and make money so that's what he's doing.

That's just one example but all these IG pages reposting picture of muscular women with inspirational messages for likes are doing the same thing. The same with all these websites that do photoshoots with female bodybuilders with no mention anywhere of a fetish but then end up making them dominate skinny guys and charge a premium.

At the end of the day the fetish is popular enough to be profitable but the sport itself is not.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Im still missing the point of the original post.. so what if it is a fetish site?

if pineapple wants to claim that he/she is making a “fair” question here.. then make it fair and go to sites that cater to those that fetishize fat/plus size/obese women, the anorexic , and those with piercings and tatoos.. and ask this same question.. and yes, also do the same thing on sites where women fetishize muscular men..Im sure the comments there are no more or less “perverse”..

—“perverse: (of a person or their actions) showing a deliberate and obstinate desire to behave in a way that is unreasonable or unacceptable, often in spite of the consequences.”

so by its definition, he/she finds the comments “unreasonable or unacceptable”..well boohoo... what do you want? a “thumbs down” button?

the truly interesting questions here are: why did pineapple register on this site? if the content seems “unacceptable”, why stay and question/criticize the motivations of its members on the forum? does he/she realize that there are women members who also share their views and make these comments?

if there is an issue over how this site is presented , then just email the person who runs it and state your opinion on the matter... posting your disapproval here serves little to no purpose other than to come off as judgmental and condescending over how members think..

not cool.. how members think and express their views is their business..

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

No. The anonymity of the internet however brings out a strange side of people.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I guess it's both for me. I am a bodybuilder and really appreciate the effort these ladies go through to achieve their physiques, BUT I am also very attracted and turned on by them...so...

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I knew full well that there might be many schmoes who would be offended by the mere fact that I'd post this issue in the first place. Schmoes live the in shadows of society because of their perverse preferences. The anonymity of the Internet lets them speak loudly and confidently in forums such as this. I invite that. So be it.

^^^ Yeah that's obvious, you registered this account 3 hours ago. 🤦‍♂️

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I get it. If you don't like the message then attack the messenger. It's very common these days and often very effective. But, to be honest, unless you want to response to the actual question that I've posited here, then you're just being typical hypocrites. You say to me, "if you don't like what you see on this site, then why are you here?" and so, I might ask you the same thing: if all you want to do is whine to me how you're personally victimized by the question or over the way that I asked it, why don't you just go elsewhere; find yourself a photograph of a woman beating the shit out of some pathetic skinny guy to take your mind off of the emotional trauma that I caused you?

So, yet AGAIN let me say that this site has become DOMINATED by schmoe-talk. AGAIN: look at the posts and you see the vast majority with inane and idiotic comments wherein the posting member projects his (?) perverse fantasies on the subject of the photograph. AGAIN: notice how there is virtually NO interaction between each participant; instead each takes his (?) turn to verbally masturbate and then, true to form, disappears into the ether. AGAIN: many, many posts are hijacked by a VERY small number of schmoes (compared to the total number of registered members). It's base and disgusting.

If this is what you actually WANT, then just say so. No need to try to denigrate me in the process. You know how I feel and I couldn't care less what you think about me. But I'm hoping that there are many, many members who, like me, would rather restore this site to a previous time when shmoe-talk, albeit present, didn't dominate every single inch of this site and aficionados of female bodybuilding had a vibrant forum to talk with each other.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

PineappleRag said:

So, I ask again: is this a fetish site? Because if it is, it should be presented as one and it it's not, people should be encouraged to take their perverse fantasies to another place wherein they would be welcomed among likeminded fetishists.

Seems like a fair question to me.

You come in here on your high horse, post a closed-minded, inflammatory message, and then proceed to deem that fair?

How about letting the community be diverse in its appreciation for female athletes, instead of imposing this black and white view of yours.

Mar 12, 2021 - edited Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

It's whatever you want it to be PR. Nobody has a gun to your head.

Wanna fap? Fap. Want to see recent posts from say, the Olympia back in December, go ahead. I like to vibe with certain members in chat, catch up on what's new, share and discuss. Sure there are some characters on the site, but that is no different to anywhere or any time. Sounds to me you're just kicking up dust because things changed.

[deleted]
Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

A site named girls with muscle could attract regular guys, women, "schmoes", perverts, etc. I imagine there's a good chance a site like this can attract interesting characters. It happens on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Michael muscles makes a good point that you can appreciate women with muscle and be physically attracted to them. You could be securely attracted them without using dirty remarks. Why else do men go on a site to check out women they find attractive? Same could be said about women looking at men they find attractive.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I get it. If you don't like the message then attack the messenger. It's very common these days and often very effective. But, to be honest, unless you want to response to the actual question that I've posited here, then you're just being typical hypocrites. You say to me, "if you don't like what you see on this site, then why are you here?" and so, I might ask you the same thing: if all you want to do is whine to me how you're personally victimized by the question or over the way that I asked it, why don't you just go elsewhere; find yourself a photograph of a woman beating the shit out of some pathetic skinny guy to take your mind off of the emotional trauma that I caused you?

Actually Im attacking your message : Im pointing out what you are trying to say is pointless .. what members do here is really their business regardless of whether there is an exchange of ideas or not. you are obviously offended by this and find it compelling to express your indignation.. my guess is that there is a small portion of members that agree with you, another small portion that strongly disagrees with you, and a massive chunk that dont care either way.

So, yet AGAIN let me say that this site has become DOMINATED by schmoe-talk. AGAIN: look at the posts and you see the vast majority with inane and idiotic comments wherein the posting member projects his (?) perverse fantasies on the subject of the photograph. AGAIN: notice how there is virtually NO interaction between each participant; instead each takes his (?) turn to verbally masturbate and then, true to form, disappears into the ether. AGAIN: many, many posts are hijacked by a VERY small number of schmoes (compared to the total number of registered members). It's base and disgusting.

so what? again proves my point .. seems those comments affect you and no one else.. and -> this is ok <- .. are you suggesting that we should police/censor these things? have you sent a pm to the Admin and proposed solutions to you taking exceptions to what is written?

If this is what you actually WANT, then just say so. No need to try to denigrate me in the process. You know how I feel and I couldn't care less what you think about me. But I'm hoping that there are many, many members who, like me, would rather restore this site to a previous time when shmoe-talk, albeit present, didn't dominate every single inch of this site and aficionados of female bodybuilding had a vibrant forum to talk with each other.

again, not making it personal, but pointing out the massive hypocrisy, b/c if we simply change the audience and the targeted “fetish”, regardless of how the site is named or promoted, then its alright.. (like a forum where women oggle over muscle men)..if their comments are sexual in nature.. should they also be censored, deleted or banned?? ..

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I guess it's both for me. I am a bodybuilder and really appreciate the effort these ladies go through to achieve their physiques, BUT I am also very attracted and turned on by them...so...

MichaelMuscles - THANK YOU for a simple, clear, non-judgmental response. For the record, I also find muscular women to be very attractive. I don't, however, fantasize about having my head crushed like a grape between their thighs. I would hope that those who do might take their perversities to sites that invite that type of, well, lifestyle.

[deleted]
Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

This site has links to cam sites where people can chat with muscular women to fulfill their fantasies. If you don't like people that post comments about their fantasies, you can ignore them. You can also report comments. You can't expect everyone to have the same opinion and viewpoint as you.

Mar 12, 2021 - edited Mar 12, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by asianfitnessfan
Mar 12, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by PineappleRag
« first < prev Page 1 of 4 next > last »