Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Looking strong

Mar 08, 2021 - permalink

Question, just because some women have large muscles, are they really strong, could they defend themselves, there is a young lady out there who has baseball biceps, Ella Donna, her arms are big, but could she defend herself.

Mar 08, 2021 - permalink

Having muscles doesn’t necessarily mean you know how to fight. I am a Crossfitter who is quite muscular and I also occasionally box and fight (very casually, mind you,) and while I can hold my own against less experienced opponents, I have been taken apart by guys smaller than me who know what they’re doing.

Mar 08, 2021 - permalink

I love a Muscular Woman who can fight...... I had an ex girlfriend who was very muscular (16 inch biceps) and loved to fight ......

Mar 09, 2021 - permalink

'Are they really strong' and 'can they defend their selves' are two entirely different things, so I'll tackle each separately. First, are they strong? It depends on how we're measuring their strength. But, generally speaking I'm going to say no. A woman's upper body is at a disadvantage anatomically in regards to developing strength, for obvious reasons. No amount of weight training can change that. Along the same line, their bone structure is also different from that of a man's and again is not ideal for strength.

Aside from bodily structure, there's also the factor of testosterone. Average T level for an adult male is 679 ng/dL. Average T for a female is below 60 ng/dl. Even FBBs who juice aren't approaching 600 ng/dl.

So, are they strong? They're certainly not weak, but compared to a male the science would say no.

Of course there are anomalies out there who defy the science, but that's what makes those girls special.

Can they defend their selves, that solely depends on their experience in combat sport. Technique can trump raw strength.

vr4
Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

Question, just because some women have large muscles, are they really strong, could they defend themselves, there is a young lady out there who has baseball biceps, Ella Donna, her arms are big, but could she defend herself.

Ella is also VERY tiny.... overall body weight also comes into play

[deleted]
Mar 10, 2021 - edited Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

I'd say that there are huge women- those in strong women contests, powerlifters, and bodybuilders out there- that could completely destroy the average male or smaller- even bigger than average. Look, if a woman has 10 kilos or more of muscle on you, then I'd say you're blowing soap bubbles if you think you could prevail over her. If they have big muscles damn straight they are strong and capable of defending themselves!

Do you think that the girl in the following link couldn't defend her self against the average Joe standing next to her? She's 6ft 2" , weighs 350lb and can bench 500lb. How do you fellas think you'd go against her?

Here

[deleted]
Mar 10, 2021 - edited Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

Did you look at the link? You're kidding yourself. Truly. An average Joe wouldn't have much chance against her, he'd need the training to stand a chance. She'd just pick him up an throw him into traffic or just choke the living Jesus out of him. End of story.

Did you read some time ago in the news about a 270lb woman who strangled a hitman, sent by her husband to kill her, to death? He was 168lb and tried to kill her with a hammer.

She was a nurse, with no special training yada, yada.

So, it's ludicrous to assert that bigger, stronger women can't defend themselves. Reality contradicts your delusions.

Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

Sometime in the last year or so, I read a newspaper article about some fool who tried to mug a woman who turned out to be an amateur MMA fighter.

Needless to say he failed spectacularly. She beat his ass like a red-headed stepchild. As others have pointed out, technique counts for much more than simply size or strength.

That said, can't you guys think of better things to do with women than trying to prove how much stronger/tougher you are?

I certainly can. 😁😉

Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

'Are they really strong' and 'can they defend their selves' are two entirely different things, so I'll tackle each separately. First, are they strong? It depends on how we're measuring their strength. But, generally speaking I'm going to say no. A woman's upper body is at a disadvantage anatomically in regards to developing strength, for obvious reasons. No amount of weight training can change that. Along the same line, their bone structure is also different from that of a man's and again is not ideal for strength.

Aside from bodily structure, there's also the factor of testosterone. Average T level for an adult male is 679 ng/dL. Average T for a female is below 60 ng/dl. Even FBBs who juice aren't approaching 600 ng/dl.

So, are they strong? They're certainly not weak, but compared to a male the science would say no.

Of course there are anomalies out there who defy the science, but that's what makes those girls special.

Can they defend their selves, that solely depends on their experience in combat sport. Technique can trump raw strength.

Great intelligent response!!! It annoys me all the comments that say @She’s strong” just because the girl has muscle! One does not always coincide with the other. I myself am a bodybuilder, and am bigger than most guys at my gym, but I train for the look not strength. And though I’m strong, there are guys not as big and not as muscular looking who lift more than me, but that’s what they’re training for.

[deleted]
Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

I, for one, am astonished that people would try to have discussions about muscular females on a discussion site dedicated to muscular females. How dare they! We must put a stop to this.

Mar 10, 2021 - permalink

In an interview with Gloria Steinem, Bev Francis admitted she was afraid to walk city streets at night. Even after her career as a champion powerlifter and top bodybuilder, Francis said she was terrified of being raped. I couldn't imagine the kind of man stupid enough to assault her, but she apparently thought her muscles wouldn't protect her.

Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

Great. Now these forums have become breeding grounds for fetishists. No, son. Even muscular women would not be able to defend themselves against most men unless she had special training in self-defense or happened to be carrying a Glock.

If you have a problem with these fetishes, you're on the wrong website. I'm not personally into armwrestling or wrestling, but damn, where do you think you are? This is a fetish site. Nobody is here for workout tips.

[deleted]
Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

Someone can have a lot of muscle because they trained to be a bodybuilder. It doesn't mean they are an expert at self-defense. If they train for a martial art, then they will most likely be the victor in a dangerous situation. Not sure why this needs a thread? Lol You don't need to have big muscles to defend yourself. Look at shaolin monks. They are average sized but can do amazing things.

[deleted]
Mar 11, 2021 - edited Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

This thread is predicated on nonsense. Look, there will always be a subset of women that can defend themselves against some men or most men and indeed prevail. Moreover most men don't know how to fight or defend themselves either. So factors like size and relative strength will determine things a lot of the time.

It's a failure of plain logic and wilful ignorance of instances where women have prevailed over their male assailants.

And if a woman is trained then once again the premise of this thread is shot down.

I would also draw your attention to the fact that weight for weight the untrained average male is somewhere within 30% stronger in the upper body than the average untrained woman. Now, some women have gained size and muscle that surpasses this natural advantage. So, right here, your average untrained Joe will most probably keep walking or face a humiliating smackdown. In either case the woman has defended herself against a male assailant. Her size was intimidating enough to stop an attack from the get go or if there is a stoush the bigger/stronger animal will usually win.

Men who want to assert they can overpower any women or believe that no woman can defend against or prevail over them are living in a fantasy.

Mar 11, 2021 - edited Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

In an interview with Gloria Steinem, Bev Francis admitted she was afraid to walk city streets at night. Even after her career as a champion powerlifter and top bodybuilder, Francis said she was terrified of being raped. I couldn't imagine the kind of man stupid enough to assault her, but she apparently thought her muscles wouldn't protect her.

Bev Francis is 5'5 160lbs. Compared to your average guy, that's small. Most FBBs will range anywhere from 5'4 - 5'7 and 140-170lbs. Your average male is 5'9 200lbs, with all the inherent physical advantages that come with being a man. There's really no comparison here. Your average 200lb guy is capable of outmuscling most FBBs. Keep in mind, you don't need to be ripped to be strong and being ripped doesn't automatically mean you're stronger than someone significantly bigger than you are. Especially when we're talking female and male comparisons.

Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

I'd say that there are huge women- those in strong women contests, powerlifters, and bodybuilders out there- that could completely destroy the average male or smaller- even bigger than average. Look, if a woman has 10 kilos or more of muscle on you, then I'd say you're blowing soap bubbles if you think you could prevail over her. If they have big muscles damn straight they are strong and capable of defending themselves!

Do you think that the girl in the following link couldn't defend her self against the average Joe standing next to her? She's 6ft 2" , weighs 350lb and can bench 500lb. How do you fellas think you'd go against her?

Here

No, she's going to need more than a 10 kilo advantage. Melissa is an anomaly, how many women are out there benching 500lbs? If she was the norm, then yeah you'd have a point, but that's not the case. Also, we already established that strength doesn't directly correlate to fighting ability.

Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

Bev Francis is 5'5 160lbs. Compared to your average guy, that's small. Most FBBs will range anywhere from 5'4 - 5'7 and 140-170lbs. Your average male is 5'9 200lbs, with all the inherent physical advantages that come with being a man. There's really no comparison here. Your average 200lb guy is capable of outmuscling most FBBs. Keep in mind, you don't need to be ripped to be strong and being ripped doesn't automatically mean you're stronger than someone significantly bigger than you are. Especially when we're talking female and male comparisons.

If youre saying that an average guy would be able to outmuscle an athlete like Bev Francis just because he's carrying more bodyweight, you're deluding yourself. As a powerlifter Francis was able to bench a or of 150 kg. That's roughly twice as much as your average Joe. Sure, benching doesn't directly translate into practical strength or fighting skills but let's not get ridiculous. This kind of lifts are well outside the scope of what a few more pounds of fat can mitigate for. She's one of the women on this site who doesn't just look powerful but actually is. So I'd say that she was quite safe, unless we're talking about some really big and athletic dudes.

Then again, your average physique girl doesn't really reach lifts of let's say 100kgs on the bench, which is considered the staple of strength. And while they would be able to outlift most men in the gym, well, that's not enough.

Mar 11, 2021 - permalink

The truth is that even men cannot defend themselves. Criminal attack you without informing about intentions and giving time to comprehend what is happening. An attack is a blow to the head from behind, this is a group of attackers in a dark place, this is not a fair fight.

Muscle male or muscle girl, works well to deter petty burglars. But with a real attack, we are talking about many factors. Of course, muscles, again regardless of gender, will give many advantages, at least the ability to break free and run away. The effect of surprise will also be on the woman's side.

But muscles will only be part of that equation. And no amount of muscle will help against a knife. Against a blow to the head with an iron bar. Against a group of attackers.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »