Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Celebrity Schmoes?

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

Brian Eno. C-f "I trust my taste": https://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/16...

That's fantastic. Love Brian Eno. And, it would figure, his tastes are so eclectic.

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

I'm pretty sure Pendleton Ward (creator of Adventure Time) is into FBBs. There's a few muscular females in the show (Susan Strong, Princess Muscles), and the main antagonist Ice King is a schmo himself (there's multiple pictures of FBBs on the walls of his castle).

I also recall an interview with Ward where he mentioned playing an obscure indie videogame featuring hyper-muscular amazon warriors, and how it had a big impact on him somehow.

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

…the main antagonist Ice King is a schmo himself (there's multiple pictures of FBBs on the walls of his castle).

Huh. Well, I’ll be…

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

Adding Cory Doctorow to this list. I never really read BoingBoing, so I'm not sure about what's in there, but I have read most of his novels. In almost all of them there is a strong woman who physically menaces or intimidates a man, or flat out beats them physically.

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

I don't have anything to contribute, but I want to thank everyone on this thread so far.. it's freaking awesome!!!

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

>Another one involves a woman who got incredibly fit through some experimental process that the bad guy injected into her or something

Do you remember the title of this one? I read a lot of McGee novels, but that doesn't ring a bell.

Nightmare in Pink

Jul 06, 2022 - permalink

Nightmare in Pink<

Thanks LeslieAnn, I looked it up and found either nothing or too many options. I may want to go back and read that one again.

Jul 06, 2022 - permalink

Nightmare in Pink

Yes, thanks. I never heard of that one. I will have to look it up. Take care. :)

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

Olly Murs, a UK pop singer who found fame with a TV talent show, is currently engaged to Amelia Tank, usually described as a "bodybuilder" in the press but is more of a fitness/physique look, if anything.

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

Frank Trigg married an FBB...

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

John Rocker dated Alicia Marie...

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

Alex Rodriguez is into fitness models.

Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

Alex Rodriguez is into fitness models.

Even follows girls like Maria Garcia on Instagram

Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

hmmm who had the idea to cast tessa thompson in thor? maybe he liked female muscle too ;)

Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

I forgot to mention Taika Waititi! Yeah, between Tessa Thompson and Natalie Portman, Taika seems to at least encourage ladies to put on muscle (with a little CGI help).

Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

What is she doing in that picture? Flexing, fixing her hair, pulling swords?

Jul 09, 2022 - edited Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

What is she doing in that picture? Flexing, fixing her hair, pulling swords?

fixing her hair by putting korgs head into her hair as a weapon lol

here is a gif of it:

https://s8.gifyu.com/images/ezgif-5-65b91d52a...

Jul 12, 2022 - permalink

hmmm who had the idea to cast tessa thompson in thor? maybe he liked female muscle too ;)

nice biceps, shit movie lol

Aug 18, 2022 - edited Aug 18, 2022 - permalink

This pic of Lenda Murray was taken by none other than Biff Tannen back in 1992. Its posted on his IG. I dont know if he is a schmoe but cool nonetheless.

Aug 18, 2022 - permalink

Robert Crumb. A leg guy.

Aug 19, 2022 - permalink

French singer Bernard Lavilliers lived with Lisa Lyon beginning 80's in her prime. She initiates him into bodybuilding

Aug 19, 2022 - permalink

This pic of Lenda Murray was taken by none other than Biff Tannen back in 1992. Its posted on his IG. I dont know if he is a schmoe but cool nonetheless.

I would have never thought about a timeline where Thomas F Wilson and Lenda Murray would meet each other... Fantastic find !

Sep 19, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by fp909
« first < prev Page 5 of 5 next > last »