Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Doesn't it drive you nuts...

Feb 24, 2021 - permalink

I mean when you boil it down we are commenting on attractive women being hot so if you expect any more than what you see lamented above you should lower your expectations and not expect mods to police that kinda shit

M76
Feb 24, 2021 - permalink

My favorite comments are the ones that speak to the picture as if the girl in the pic posted it and is actually checking up on it. "I love your delicious calves please let me worship them" like dude calm down I'm a guy in my 30s with average hairy man calves you definitely dont wanna be praying to. I just chalk it up to translation roughness but it still cracks me up

I wondered about that. I don't know if they are roleplaying or actually that dumb.

Feb 24, 2021 - permalink

I wondered about that. I don't know if they are roleplaying or actually that dumb.

Wait.. Are you guys saying that these girls AREN'T posting their own pics here?! shocked pikachu face

Feb 24, 2021 - permalink

Half the people in this world just need to grow up, so they can we can start calling them adults and not just spoiled children who whine and cry till they get their way.

Wow, you actually have the nerve to accuse other people of whining?

Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

Yeah... how come whenever i say something anywhere everyone just gangs up on me??

Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

I'm going to go with they're actually that dumb.

Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

Wow, you actually have the nerve to accuse other people of whining?

Oh wow, halfbrain too. I'm commenting on people wanting to shutdown peoples thoughts and opinions, just because they don't agree or like them. I don't have a problem with anything anyone says, until they want to control what others say.

Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

Most websites with a comments section have some rules and moderation, for obvious reasons. People can have whatever opinions they want, that doesn't mean it's good for the site to let people say anything they want without consequence. Maybe fewer women would remove their pics from the site if there were less derogatory comments or pathetic worshipping comments and more supportive, and, dare I say, pleasant comments.

Women have actually posted their stuff here before, commented, and generally become "one of the guys," and eventually there is a certain amount of respect shown. But most of the time, the women leave because of the behavior of the commenters. I think the site would be more accepted by women - and they may even want to participate themselves - if the user base could restrain themselves from asking if they can lick their toes within 15 minutes of the picture going up.

Women make use of all kinds of platforms to share their pictures and videos. They generally like it when the pictures become popular. So why shouldn't they like this site? It is just another platform (arguably the best one) for muscle girl content. I think if there were some small tweaks, we could actually have a welcoming site that the women don't mind using and actually want to use because this website is an awesome network for them to grow their following. What better place is there for them to find fans?

Chainer, what if we allowed the women to moderate the comments on their pictures themselves? Give them the ability to delete the comments that they don't like. Even if the pic was posted by another user. That would give them a sense of control, of ownership. The users would still upload the content the same way, but verified athletes could have veto power over the comments, because it is their content at the end of the day. They all use Instagram because they have control of their content. They can block people who act like stalkers and delete the comments they don't like. Or maybe give them the ability to turn comments off completely for any given picture. If they view this site as something they can participate in, that also provides value to them, they will be less likely to block their pictures from the site.

Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

Another thing that would help improve the comments is to make them basically like reddit comments. You can upvote or downvote a comment, or reply directly. This would make the comments feel more like a conversation and less like a bullentin board of people's reactions to each picture.

M76
Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

People can have whatever opinions they want, that doesn't mean it's good for the site to let people say anything they want without consequence.

Yeah, you have the right to be a dumbass, but that doesn't mean there are no consequences for being one. But that raises another question. Who decides what is over the line and what isn't?

Feb 25, 2021 - permalink

I think the mods here ie Chainer and tamarok should decide.

Chainer
Feb 26, 2021 - permalink

But most of the time, the women leave because of the behavior of the commenters.

I agree the general quality of the image comments is low and I am still considering a suggestion that was made in another thread, which is to show them to users who are logged in only.

That said, I don't think the comments are the main reason women leave, and I don't think that even if we dealt with the comments perfectly that women users would be very common. Women don't stick around mainly for the same reason you wouldn't stick around a version of this site with pictures of male bodybuilders. It's just not relevant to their interests.

Feb 26, 2021 - permalink

Gotcha. That would be a reasonable change to only show comments to users.

Feb 26, 2021 - permalink

As someone who has occasionally crossed the line of good taste, there is much food for thought on this thread.

Mar 03, 2021 - permalink

there is much food for thought on this thread.

I knew when I clicked that this thread would be awful, so there's no fucking way I'm reading all this shit. But I am glad I made it far enough to see electricave's comment.

Mar 03, 2021 - permalink

Regarding electricave's comment, I thought more of Chainer's comment that immediately follows it.

He put a lot of effort into building and maintaining this place. It's his.

We would all do well to remember that the right to speak freely is not accompanied by any right to be heard.

[deleted]
Mar 03, 2021 - permalink

I get why outright disrespect would be moderated.

But these women are putting themselves out there. They are posting half naked pictures of themselves on their social media for personal attention or commercial gain. It is entirely foreseeable that men will pilfer them, repost, and comment on them.

If some girl makes a living showing off her glutes, she can expect the occasional crude but admiring comment on her glutes.

I don't get the white knightery. Some crudeness comes with the territory. If the women can't handle it they probably need to get a new job or hobby. And while some very low bar needs to be enforced, this subculture we participate in was otherwise never advertised as a gentlemen's club.

Mar 21, 2021 - permalink

Why do so many people think "chic" is slang for a woman? The word is chick, not chic (pronounced: sheek). Chic means stylish or fashionable, so what you're saying is "That stylish is so hot" or "I love muscle fashionables".

Mar 21, 2021 - permalink

When people comment, "she's on steroids." It's like it was secret they recently just discovered about bodybuilding. I just find it frustrating some times when the comment sections are flooded with back-n-forth debates about it. Why not just start a thread in the forum?

White-knighting! I've even done it on occasion when I felt someone was expressing their opinion in a disrespectful and overly harsh manner. Key word being disrespectful.

comment 1: This look doesn't appeal to me because [reasons]. comment 2: Wow, what a disgusting freak!

I see nothing wrong in the first comment compared to the second. It's easy to express how you feel without going overboard by throwing insults. But when it gets to the point of people white-knighting every single comment that isn't worshiping every woman on this site is when it gets annoying.

Mar 21, 2021 - permalink

What bugs me about "white knighting" is that the term evolved as an insult used by InCels directed against any man who defends any woman for any reason. Their overwhelming misogyny is palpable.

Mar 21, 2021 - permalink

I was wondering the same. I've been accused of "white knighting" for essentially requesting that some folks look at another persons perspective and try not to be a jerk.

Mar 21, 2021 - permalink

I dislike terms like incel and white knight.. ironically incels will white knight, while accusing someone else of being an incel...it's like that photo you see on the internet with the two cartoon Spidermans pointing at each other

Mar 21, 2021 - permalink

Maybe you should question why you think women need your defending. Isn't it just as misogynistic to think of women as being so weak and helpless that they need a knight in shining armor to come to their defense? When I see it happening, it usually comes off as that or just flat out kissing ass, hoping to win their favor or approval.

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »