Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Should bodybuilders use steroids?

« first < prev Page 13 of 15 next > last »
Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

I am 100% against the use of steroids by body builders. I view it the same as doping in competitive sports. It's a cheat and shortcut to winning. It means that women who don't want to use performance enhancing drugs have no shot at doing well at competitions. Steroids can pose a significant health risk too.

Abuse has gotten so bad that some women look like comic book characters. They look freakish and beyond unattractive. IMHO. Most competitive sports (Olympics for example) prohibit the use of steroids: the IFBB/NPC should do the same.

Jodi Miller looks great and has been natural for decades. Follow this link to an interview with her on the topic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUWsJPDGkU

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

I am 100% against the use of steroids by body builders. I view it the same as doping in competitive sports. It's a cheat and shortcut to winning. It means that women who don't want to use performance enhancing drugs have no shot at doing well at competitions. Steroids can pose a significant health risk too.

Abuse has gotten so bad that some women look like comic book characters. They look freakish and beyond unattractive. IMHO. Most competitive sports (Olympics for example) prohibit the use of steroids: the IFBB/NPC should do the same.

Jodi Miller looks great and has been natural for decades. Follow this link to an interview with her on the topic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuUWsJPDGkU

This again 🤦‍♂️

Jodi Miller isn't natural

Legal or not PEDs are rampant in all professional sports with the possible exception of billiards.

BODYBUILDING DOESN'T EXIST WITHOUT DRUGS. How many times do we have to say it?

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

Sorry to burst your bubble but Jodi Millers definitely alao done roids haha. Less she has a literal myostatin problem.

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jan 20, 2022 - edited Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

Please be respectful of everyone's opinions.

These steroid-related threads are like a handful of tinder, waiting for a little sparkle to burn everything.

[deleted]
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

Should bodybuilders use steroids?

Yes. Next question.

fp909
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

This again 🤦‍♂️

Jodi Miller isn't natural

Legal or not PEDs are rampant in all professional sports with the possible exception of billiards.

BODYBUILDING DOESN'T EXIST WITHOUT DRUGS. How many times do we have to say it?

she's even openly admitted to having taken test as she got older for an unrelated medical condition (at least, I think it was test?).

i am all for the use of them. i'm actually pro-use in baseball. professional athletes of all types use them--everyone is looking for the 1% edge over the next person.

as mentioned in other threads, it's more about are you dumb enough to get caught. the best users know when to cycle off so that there's nothing in the system, or so little that it won't be detected, or however it works.

i'm of the opinion that if people say they are natty and are clearly not, they may be telling the truth. they are natty "right now, at this moment they are not taking any drugs". maybe not today, or this week. but sometime, they did.

My problem in most of these cases is hypocrisy. Steroids? Sure! Allow them, promote them, heck, enforce them on contests. Let competitors go rampant and bulk themselves up until everyone looks alike - and I mean men and women. Crack the stage under your weight and get stuck when trying to go through a doorway - no prob.

All I ask is...actual natural divisions. Sorry, division. Just one, without boosts of any kind. With a clear list of "allowed" and "no-no, not even in the same State" drugs. Severely controlled and no excuses - one down, and you're out for at least x years (gotta lose the bulk). As I said, I'm tired of lies, of "natural" fbbs who sport obvious drug use characteristics (not going into details).

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

> We need to stop acting like steroids are an automatic death sentence. They're not. Responsible usage is perfectly fine. It's up to the individual whether or not they take them, and it's up to us to stop moralizing and casting aspersions on those who do.

The degree to which some of these woman are using..is a death sentence lol.. and they'll be lucky to see 50Yo.

I second that! Also, they need to be banned for female BB and male BB too.

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

I second that! Also, they need to be banned for female BB and male BB too.

I should let this go, but the audacity to say something like this, on the GIRLS WITH MUSCLE WEBSITE, is.. 🤦‍♂️ I mean it's just so stupid.

This site would literally not exist without steroids.

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

I wouldn't be shocked if Adderall is rampant.

cgsweat
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

You guys are more than welcome to agree or disagree on a subject, but if you feel like someone is wrong then explain to them why you think so. Posts like "LOL this thread is dumb" will be deleted.

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

I wouldn't be shocked if Adderall is rampant.

In Billiards?

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

Yep.

This whole debate is kind of tiresome, anyway. One can have opinions about what other people should or should not do, but at the end of the day one cannot control other's actions. One can only control one's own actions.

I will say this: some of us on here get accused of misogyny, or of being "incels" if we ae the slightest bit critical of these women in general, or of a particular woman. But those on here who gleefully encourage life-threatening heavy steroid use just so the women can provide the sort of quick visual stimulation that these men need are the true villains. They're basically saying FBBs are ultimately disposable commodities who exist to provide a certain fetish-ed look, and if those women's health or life suffers in the process, oh well.

I've never asked a woman to do something potentially health-damaging just so I can get off, so my conscience is clear.

Jan 20, 2022 - edited Jan 20, 2022 by fp909 - permalink

What frustrates me most here is strong opinions from individuals who have little to no understanding of bodybuilding itself.

No woman, anywhere, is training so you can get off. What you, or anyone else, thinks is completely out of the equation.

The fact that you think 'men's encouragment' is a factor in a female bodybuilder's decisions, is frankly, misogynistic.

Bodybuilders (all genders) train for themselves. No one else matters.

What frustrates me most here is strong opinions from individuals who have little to no understanding of bodybuilding itself.

No woman, anywhere, is training so you can get off. What you, or anyone else, thinks is completely out of the equation.

The fact that you think 'men's encouragment' is a factor in a female bodybuilder's decisions, is frankly, misogynistic.

Bodybuilders (all genders) train for themselves. No one else matters.

So well said. It’s so annoying at how many schmoes are out who think that they have any influence at all at what women who lift do. Talk about an inflation of ego. They’re no better than the dudes who go to strip clubs to try and “convince” women to leave stripping because they’re “better than that.”

You don’t have to be into fitness or lifting to be attracted to muscular women, but I think everyone would benefit from being around the fitness community for a bit and actually see what the real motivations behind women (and men!) who lift are without the veil of fetish. That, along with understanding the training, diet and PED use. Again, if the men who are bodybuilders and lifters are telling you the realities of drug use in the fitness industry, versus the people who have NO involvement in it denying its prominence, who do you think should be believed?

fp909
Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

The fact that you think 'men's encouragment' is a factor in a female bodybuilder's decisions, is frankly, misogynistic

These are the same people that see a woman with her friend, comment “your friend is still bigger than you, keep going!” And wonder why they get blocked

Jan 20, 2022 - permalink

These are the same people that see a woman with her friend, comment “your friend is still bigger than you, keep going!” And wonder why they get blocked

“I don’t understand why I got blocked. I just asked if she has ever beat up smaller guys and if she is willing to date a guy who weighs 60 pounds less than her 🤷‍♂️“

fp909
Jan 21, 2022 - permalink

“Have you ever stepped on a small animal?”

« first < prev Page 13 of 15 next > last »