Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Is actually lifting/bodybuilding the best way to attract muscular women?

[deleted]
Mar 04, 2021 - permalink

Of course, the best path to romance is to be financially successful and to conspicuously advertise one's wealth. The greater your financial assets, the less you need to possess rugged good looks or a masculine physique.

Mar 04, 2021 - edited Mar 04, 2021 - permalink

I'm not so sure. Many of these girls end up dating their coach and fitness coaches are not precisely rich people.

One interesting thing though.... many of these fitness girls seem to already be wealthy from before. And that's probably the reason why they get into fitness.... cause they don't really have anything else to do with their lives. Look at videos of Natasha Aughey, Brooke Ence, Kristen Nun.... they are not struggling financially at all. So if anything... they will get related to rich people because it's their circle.

Well this life style is definitely for the privileged.

Gym membership + supps + food to feed a small village + steroids = $$$$. You, or your spouse is pulling in some good cash to fund all that.

Mar 04, 2021 - permalink

Gym membership + supps + food to feed a small village + steroids = $$$$. You, or your spouse is pulling in some good cash to fund all that.

I got ripped on minimum wage so that's definitely not true. Then again, I don't drink alcohol or do drugs so that saves me a whole lot of money which most people spend.

As for the question: You need to be fit. Some buff girls want buff guys but what they care about most is that you're not a couch potato. It's nice if you can do some kind of physical activity that's cool. I'm a dancer (my main style being breakdancing) and women really like that, fit or not. Also, be confident, confidence is key when it comes to getting women to like you.

Mar 04, 2021 - permalink

Nah. All of that, steroids included, is very affordable. There's an illusion of wealth being required for fitness because we mainly see profiles of influencers, who have already "made it". Plenty of other very fit athletes with like 1k followers that are unnoticed.

Mar 05, 2021 - permalink

Amen to that, Hammerhead.

Thinking you have to be wealthy and flaunt it to attract romance is InCel mentality.

Anyone who is more attracted to $$$ is eventually going to monkey-branch you anyway.

Best to let go of superficialities, let go of bitterness, and find a partner with a common interest who just likes spending time with you. The romance will follow when the friendship ignites.

Mar 05, 2021 - permalink

I don't think it's so much about the cost of those products. It's more about time. It would be very hard for them to keep a 8hx5d job and prepare a competition at the same time. They would go insane and exhausted. So being a bodybuilder is definitely something for those who don't need a full time job.

Tons of bodybuilders work full time jobs though. Wasn't Ronnie Coleman a cop? Carli Terepka is a nurse. Lots of others post pics of themselves from an office. It's doable, but you sacrifice other things.

Mar 05, 2021 - permalink

Nah. All of that, steroids included, is very affordable. There's an illusion of wealth being required for fitness because we mainly see profiles of influencers, who have already "made it". Plenty of other very fit athletes with like 1k followers that are unnoticed.

I wouldn't say you need to be loaded, but you need a good, stable income.

I guess it's all about priorities though, but I wouldn't say it's cheap to be an aspiring pro bb. I alone spend about $500-$700 a month on food. No gym membership at the moment due to lockdown,but that's anywhere from $30, to as high as $120 per month (and that expensive one advertises itself as a gym for serious athletes. A bunch of bodybuilders, figure competitors, etc actually work out there that have pics here).

Mar 05, 2021 - permalink

Amen to that, Hammerhead.

Thinking you have to be wealthy and flaunt it to attract romance is InCel mentality.

Anyone who is more attracted to $$$ is eventually going to monkey-branch you anyway.

Best to let go of superficialities, let go of bitterness, and find a partner with a common interest who just likes spending time with you. The romance will follow when the friendship ignites.

Agree with this. Some of the comments on the forum have me palmsfacing hard.

And like another commenter said, while there are some buff women who want a very buff guy, the majority of fit women simply want a guy who isn't a complete couch potato. I'm pretty ripped myself and I don't make that much money nor do I spend a lot on food (chicken, rice, veggies are pretty cheap). They like confident guys, and getting fit does wonders to your confidence. The attention I got from women (and even guys) when I was fit and felt comfortable with myself compared to when I was fat and insecure was truly like night and day.

Mar 05, 2021 - permalink

I wouldn't say you need to be loaded, but you need a good, stable income.

This. Or you need at least some stability in general. Becoming successful at most anything involves a certain amount of discipline and planning to enable consistent improvement. Money alone does not create the needed core discipline, but the uncertainly that comes from lack of money will definitely make most things that require planning and consistency a lot harder.

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

I think if we're talking about muscular women, then really bodybuilding is one of the most effective ways to achieve their passion for you.

Jul 05, 2022 - permalink

The best way to attract fbbs is the best way to attract any women: clean and groom yourself, project confidence and emotional stability. Be kind and respectful, but don't fawn over them too much. Female bodybuilders are just women, and not even heavy PED use changes that. With all the flaws, foibles, and wonderful things ordinary women have. They deserve, and will appreciate, your respect.

Working out is a close second, though. Again this works for most women, not just fbbs. Taking an interest in the sport, even if you don't participate in it yourself, also goes a long way.

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

It helps, but probably not as much as we think it would. Sure, female athletes don't want couch potatoes, but that's true of most women. Confidence, some level of fitness, and being able to support yourself financially go a long way.

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

Yes to be honest, since it's like a big part of our life, why not workout yourself, you'll also gain much more confidence from it. it's like watching MMA or Football and never having played it or done some form of martial arts

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

Gotta be checking meals and definitely lifting something it's common ground and most of all beneficial to your own self 👊😎👍

Jul 08, 2022 - permalink

Like attracts like. And also, opposites attract. Hmmm....

Knowing who you are - possessing total self-awareness - is an unbelievably attractive trait, regardless of age.

If someone were to ask me to rank the "best ways" to attract someone or something, I can only speak about the U.S. and the answers would definitely vary by age. I'm speaking only as a guy - many women are likely to say "that's all bullshit!"...despite any and all the evidence which would bolster my claims.

Up to around age 25-30, looking good and being funny tend to be winning strategies. Get in the gym, run, eat right. Oh, and take care of your feet, skin, and teeth - trust me on this!!

After age 30, looking good is no longer enough - you've got to be stable and, in the U.S., that means having a decent job and/or at least being positioned for promotions, etc. There is only a very finite number of hot surfer girls willing to bum around SoCal with starving artist guy who's perpetually one course shy of his guaranteed-life-of-brokeness liberal arts degree in philosophical melodrama from State U. Looking good - handsome face, well-presented, good fitness - provides a major coefficient, but is no longer the primary driver it was previously.

Around 40ish, stability, stability, stability. Not even putting kids into the equation, older people don't like to relocate. So, having an unstable job history and dozens of addresses during one's 30s makes a guy a far less attractive partner, regardless of his looks and physique. Yes, Wealthy Guy - regardless of how his wealth was acquired - has a baked-in advantage over both stable-average guy and Biff Barksdale, but Wealthy Guy is an outlier. By now, you should really be your most authentic self. Sure, you'll still have to put on a fake smile for in-laws or the spouse's friends from time-to-time, but if you're in the dating game, being real is the only good play. Yes, being fake as fuck to get what you wanted in your teens and 20s was great (or was it??), but you need to be growing out of that shit during your 30s.

At 50+, you've gotta be a good companion. Of course you should be taking care of yourself, but being a good partner is probably the most desirable trait at that age. The kids - if any - are out of the house and you're in the pre-retirement phase of life. Being someone you would enjoy being around is key, because you're probably going to be spending a lot of time with your partner. You'd better be real by now.

In the U.S., if you were born in 1985 as a biological male, you have an average life expectancy of about 71-72 years. So, that means you're likely to spend more than half your life over 30. Be real and you'll almost always be better off. If the gym is your thing, do that thing. If the gym is not your thing, find something that is and do that.

TLDR: Being authentic is generally the "best" way to attract the ones who are right for you.

Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

TLDR: Being authentic is generally the "best" way to attract the ones who are right for you.

Some people roll their eyes at this, but, in my experience, it's true. I've had women fall for me because I was just being myself, even though I wasn't their type. They've even told me that while looks help, women value different things when it comes to men. Maybe that's why female bodybuilders always hammer home the "lifestyle" part of it. It's less about being a handsome muscleman and more about being able to understand and support her passion, whatever that means for her.

cgsweat
Jul 09, 2022 - edited Jul 09, 2022 - permalink

I never really understood the concept of pretending to be someone you're not. A healthy attraction really does need to be based on authenticity (honesty), otherwise it's not going to last long. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Personally I never bothered with short term relationships because they just seemed like a waste of time. I always aimed for long term because they're more meaningful.

Oct 08, 2022 - permalink

I’ve met/ dated a couple simply off dating apps

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »