Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Muscular Actress

« first < prev Page 6 of 12 next > last »
May 02, 2021 - edited May 02, 2021 - permalink

I thought Perdita was English?

May 02, 2021 - permalink

She is!

May 02, 2021 - permalink

I am surprised no one has mentioned more recent additions. E.g. Tiffany Denise Hobbs in Chicago Five. She is in a short scene in the beginning of the movie where you can tell she has some guns on her.

Saw this yesterday and immediately noticed those arms. She's incredible.

May 02, 2021 - permalink

Kaley Cuoco

May 31, 2021 - permalink

Any Dreya Weber fans in the howse!!!???

May 31, 2021 - permalink

Gorgeous muscle beauty!

Jun 01, 2021 - permalink

And she's 60 years old? YOWZA!

Jun 06, 2021 - permalink

Jennifer Morrison ("House, M.D.", "Once Upon A Time") looks amazing in the 2013 film, "Alpha Alert."

[deleted]
Jun 06, 2021 - permalink

Singer/actress Cynthia Erivo from Bad Times At The El Royale. I did NOT expect her to be this built :)

vr4
Jun 06, 2021 - permalink

Jennifer Morrison ("House, M.D.", "Once Upon A Time") looks amazing in the 2013 film, "Alpha Alert."

I remember reading an article once about her and how much she could bench and she was quite strong

Jun 07, 2021 - permalink

Singer/actress Cynthia Erivo from Bad Times At The El Royale. I did NOT expect her to be this built :)

Wow I have not seen THIS photo anywhere.

[deleted]
Jun 08, 2021 - permalink

^ Google "Cynthia Erivo muscle," she's super athletic it turns out

Jun 08, 2021 - permalink

Sara Garcia played the Strength Force recently on The Flash on The CW. Her muscles were subtle, but they really popped a few times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRbkNwgaDY

Jun 13, 2021 - permalink

Dammit now I gotta watch the whole season...

Jun 13, 2021 - edited Jun 13, 2021 - permalink

M76, I agree with you completely about Hollywood and female actors. The men muscle up, but very few women actually add muscle for a role. Gal Gadot is an attractive lady, but doesn't look athletic in my opinion. I believe women diet down and get lean in order to show muscle. I would LOVE to see Marvel or DC use truly athletic women in the super hero roles. The women don't have to be freakishly huge, but a truly athletic physique would be refreshing. There are A LOT of women here on GWM that don't really measure up to the title. They are not what I would consider a muscular girl, lady, woman, female... It's disappointing to see these women posted here.

Jun 13, 2021 - permalink

@ YIKES2... for comparison, check out some of Gal Gadot's modeling pics alongside her as Wonder Woman.

Then it's easy to see that she actually added muscle. She was stick-thin before, to the point that she looked anorexic to me.

There was simply no way for her to "diet down" from that starting point.

Jun 14, 2021 - edited Jun 14, 2021 - permalink

Virtually every male actor in Hollywood who gets ripped is using steroids. There's simply not enough lead time between productions for these guys to naturally have such dramatic shifts in physique. As a result, you never have to worry about hiring someone specifically for their physique when you can choose the best actor and then give them some chemicals. The same thing doesn't apply to women because there just aren't enough roles that call for them to get buff. It's certainly happened before (e.g. Linda Hamilton, Jessica Biel) but very few actresses are going to hurt their overall marketability to fill such a niche. That leads to studios hiring women who are already muscular and the result is usually disastrous from an acting standpoint. Then those movies fail (e.g. Haywire) and studios get the wrong message - that muscular women don't sell. If you want to see this change, then the overall climate vis-a-vis how society views muscular women has to change. Then you'll see A-list actresses who are willing to really push their physiques for a role. Otherwise, the best you can hope for is that a couple of crossfitters get a few seconds of screentime while a woman who weighs 115 pounds is the focus.

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

No, Hollywood does not get women to put on much muscle. Marvel made a big deal about Brie Larson adding muscle to play Captain Marvel. Perhaps she did but she wasn't in the least bit cut. Same with Netflix boasting about Alison Brie in "GLOW". When they do cast someone like Gina Carano in "Haywire", the problem is that they're pretty terrible actresses. How stiff and unconvincing was she in that movie and "Mandalorian" or what?

"Thor 4" will be out fairly soon and I expect that Natalie Portman will have added a few pounds of muscle but without any definition. It seems that Hollywood started and ended definition and muscularity with Linda Hamilton.

vr4
Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

I think it's actually the women who don't want to get that ripped... Linda Hamilton IMO was like f*ck it!

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

I wouldn't be too quick to diss Natalie Portman... she displayed a better than average six pack in a few scenes in "Attack of the Clones".

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Bostonmass
Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

I wouldn't be too quick to diss Natalie Portman... she displayed a better than average six pack in a few scenes in "Attack of the Clones".

Do you have any pics of her? It’s a long movie

Jun 15, 2021 - edited Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

macdis added:

How stiff and unconvincing was she in that movie and "Mandalorian" or what?

Gina's character Cara Dune on The Mandalorian was a hit and a fan favorite across the political spectrum.

Of course, that was a long time ago, in a role far, far away.

Her acting couldn't have been that bad if she made so many accept her, despite being physically different

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

macdis added:

Gina's character Cara Dune on The Mandalorian was a hit and a fan favorite across the political spectrum.

Of course, that was a long time ago, in a role far, far away.

Her acting couldn't have been that bad if she made so many accept her, despite being physically different

She wasn't bad in the role. Her acting isn't why she's not in the cast anymore. It was that her beliefs don't go over well with the powers that be in Hollywood. There are many in Hollywood that think like her, but for the sake of their careers they aren't outspoken.

Jun 15, 2021 - permalink

i liked gina in haywire..then her career went haywire..that movie was good ...then she did worse projects ..the mandalorian was probably the best thing by far she was in since haywire. gina lost muscle and put on more weight or some combination in the past few years since haywire...in mandalorian..i believe she could beat a guy up..just from sheer size alone..lol..she was believable as a warrior,that also was physical. anyway imo gina and everyone else in hollywood and the political scene and most everything are controlled...its a shell game phoney world and has been for a long time.. its only a paper moon ,hanging over a cardboard sky as the 90 year old song goes.

« first < prev Page 6 of 12 next > last »