Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why do women ask to be removed from this site?

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

Because they don't want to get attention, IG posts are uploaded here without her permission.

That's one of the biggest issues. Social media content being downloaded from their accounts and uploaded onto other sites for viewing pleasure. It's one thing to post a persons photo or video on a forum for discussion, but on sites like this that are dedicated to fit women, members upload personal (only for IG, Facebook etc.) content in abundance. A lot of women don't like the attention they receive to be excess and uncontrollable.

Jan 31, 2021 - edited Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

Most models here (actually, most people in general) aren't very tech savvy either. They don't understand that photos on Instagram can and will be copied and propagate. In a sense, the platform gives them a false sense of security since, after all, it doesn't provide a way to download images. So how could one possibly copy the pictures?

To them, it's as if Instagram is as private as a physical photo album tucked away in a cabinet. So imagine if those photos suddenly showed up on the internet. The same sense of shock is likely felt by such women as Chainer put it.

Edit: Oh, also, a long time ago private messages weren't really private. Each user had their own sort of forum where others would leave messages. I read Chainer's board once, and it was filled with utterly nasty messages by women asking for takedowns. E.g. "get my pictures off of your perverted website!!!!"

So make no mistake, there's a very real sense of of shock felt by these women.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

Private account is not normally accessible by third party IG viewers like imginn. Perhaps using page source and find for jpg on IG post?

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

A lot of models with private instagram accounts don't consistently keep it that way. 99% of them will occasionally make it public, then revert to private. Even models with public accounts for some reason or another make it private for a day or two per year.

For that reason I have my scraping scripts run hourly. Once the model inevitably makes the profile public for even a small period, I can lift the images off. Ultimately people aren't dilligent in maintaining their privacy settings or avoiding digital litter.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

Most models here (actually, most people in general) aren't very tech savvy either. They don't understand that photos on Instagram can and will be copied and propagate. In a sense, the platform gives them a false sense of security since, after all, it doesn't provide a way to download images. So how could one possibly copy the pictures?

To them, it's as if Instagram is as private as a physical photo album tucked away in a cabinet. So imagine if those photos suddenly showed up on the internet. The same sense of shock is likely felt by such women as Chainer put it.

Edit: Oh, also, a long time ago private messages weren't really private. Each user had their own sort of forum where others would leave messages. I read Chainer's board once, and it was filled with utterly nasty messages by women asking for takedowns. E.g. "get my pictures off of your perverted website!!!!"

So make no mistake, there's a very real sense of of shock felt by these women.

This is very true. A lot of women on IG or in general still don't even know how to record videos in landscape with their cellphones, which is why we so many videos with black borders. They spend money on the latest tech only to post content for social media attention, chat (talk, text), watch videos, and or play games and listen to music.

The craziest thing about some of those women's claims, is that GWM is not a perverted site. The comments shouldn't equate to the sites objective. These same comments can be said anywhere. GWM is, for the most part, a collection of what many women, photographers, the media (news, t.v., film etc.) have already posted online or in social media. It's like Pinterest for fit women, but organized and tolerable.

Jan 31, 2021 - edited Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

A lot of models with private instagram accounts don't consistently keep it that way. 99% of them will occasionally make it public, then revert to private. Even models with public accounts for some reason or another make it private for a day or two per year.

For that reason I have my scraping scripts run hourly. Once the model inevitably makes the profile public for even a small period, I can lift the images off. Ultimately people aren't dilligent in maintaining their privacy settings or avoiding digital litter.

The urge for attention and followers is also why they are so indecisive about keeping their accounts public or private, regardless if they have past relationship issues with ex's, friends, family and so on.

Purchasing fake followers is another big thing with many IG users. Witnessing followers jump from the hundreds to tens of thousands in a week, while the user still only averages about five comments a post and a hundred likes, is hilarious. Most women love attention, but don't necessarily like to receive it when it's out of their control. Sites like FB and IG exposes peoples parasitic tendencies.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

Why you ask? Case in point, the very comments in this thread.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

Why you ask? Case in point, the very comments in this thread.

You're usually trolling failure22, but this is actually sadly true. Models very often consider this an adult site, rather than a collection for appreciation and admiration.

Feb 05, 2021 - permalink

Another one down ... Morgan Payne deleted her Instagram account.

Feb 05, 2021 - permalink

ravaged.

Ravished. Your misspelling is itself a little disturbing.

Feb 05, 2021 - permalink

A lot of comments creep me the hell out...so I can only imagine how the girls depicted in the images may possibly feel. Especially when the girls in the images are quite young, or appear so, and there are very inappropriate comments...not good. I work in the industry and a lot photos I have taken have ended up on here after being snicked from the girls websites and/or social media accounts. I dont get bent out of shape over it myself, but I know for sure a lot of the girls do, particularly if they run a business within the industry.

M76
Feb 05, 2021 - permalink

I don't think most users here are worse, than the typical instagram brodude calling "muscly women manly"

I also believe the main reason is that they are not tech people and shocked when they find out that what you upload to the internet is no longer yours to control. Even if they don't mind the attention, it's a knee jerk reaction to demand to be removed.

I think this could be helped if names would only be visible to registered users, and definitely not to the google crawler.

Feb 10, 2021 - permalink

Names only being visible to registered users sounds like a good idea.

There's a lot of support and appreciation for fit women on this site unlike IG among other sites. IG allows direct interaction via comments, Live, and DM's and fitness girls are attacked, bullied, and belittled regardless of how friendly the may seem or how much they interact with followers.

Feb 10, 2021 - permalink

Some of them write comments in broken English on post, presumably from third world countries.

Feb 11, 2021 - permalink

Some of them write comments in broken English on post, presumably from third world countries.

I don't think their English skills are the issue ... rather it's when these women get marriage proposals, requests to have sex with them, or "crush me with your muscles" from some guy in half broken English that's the issue.

tamarok
Feb 11, 2021 - edited Feb 11, 2021 - permalink

Let’s not add xenophobia, from some members, as another reason why some women may want to not be in this site. While in certain cases there may be cultural biases, disrespectful behaviour does not have a nationally, gender, political leaning or ethnicity.

Even if all members were respectful, people do have reasons for changing their public exposure. Consider how many friends may opt to no longer be on Facebook or Instagram, as examples.

As for writing skills, even native English speakers fail, for a number of reasons, such as not being given the chance for the education, laziness or being purely distracted. We can also adding fighting with auto-correct on mobile devices.

Remember being able to upload an image here and have the model or photographer tolerate it is a privilege, not a right.

Feb 12, 2021 - permalink

Few ladies deactivated or deleted their Facebook account because they found redundant using FB. Some of them are reclusive.

[deleted]
Feb 12, 2021 - edited Feb 12, 2021 - permalink

i think most are ok with being posted her unless

a) the media is from behind a paywall and was effectively stolen

b) the weirdos come out.

I have sent plenty of messages just to drop a compliment on someone who's physique I liked. very few of them i have longer conversations with but stick around long enough and you'll seem them posting messages from the worst aspects of the fandom.

Honestly, any fandom has bottom feeders that are more vocal and persistent (and also belligerent) than the average fan. THose are the ones that drive people to google themselves and find this site and ask to be removed. The free nature of the site and having posts visible to non members means there's not really a way to protect or prevent that from happening, short of not posting the photos at all (and of course nuking the name from the site).

I know at least one person who once considered me both a friend and a customer who removed me from all their social media unannounced (which is where we were doing our transactions) because she wasnted to keep her IG for training business and close friends/family and not the HBC kind of stuff.

Feb 12, 2021 - edited Feb 12, 2021 - permalink

I don't think most users here are worse, than the typical instagram brodude calling "muscly women manly"

Comments like "omg I want her to crush me," "boing!" and the like are just as bad as dudes who call muscular women manly, and at times even worse. Reading some of the comments on ladies' pictures on the site, it's honestly not surprising that some of them don't want to be on here. At least on their social media pages, they can exercise some control on the comments they get.

I know it's kind of a schmoe stereotype that schmoes are socially awkward and that they don’t know how to talk to women, but to an extent it's somewhat true. I am involved in the crossfit community, and female athletes who are friends of mine show me some of the messages they get from men, and it's downright appalling. And when these dudes get called out on it, they'll almost always say things like "oh, most men are grossed out by buff women so you should be grateful I'm giving you attention." There's an entitlement among these men where they think they are special because they are attracted to a "non-conventional" look, when in reality there are more men who like muscular women than they realize.

It sucks when a favorite woman of ours asks not to be featured on the site, but we should also respect their wishes, and hopefully, for those who leave those gross comments, they can take a moment of self-reflection.

Feb 13, 2021 - edited Feb 13, 2021 - permalink

Hmmm i can imagine that girls who find their pictures here can think why only girls? It can come across as kind of sexist or pervertism? And some of the comment as, boing, instantboner, have to change my pants, spend the night with her,etc etc, the never ending fakeboobs and steroids discusions don't help if you ask me. Not every woman likes the idea that their pictures are possibly used by others to jack off on.

M76
Feb 13, 2021 - permalink

in reality there are more men who like muscular women than they realize.

Don't conflate tolerating with liking. I don't think many man who are partners with fbbs like their muscles, it's very rare to see a FBB with men who aren't into training themselves, and I think it's just about the lifestyle for most of them, not the aesthetics of a muscular woman.

But I digress. I stick by my statement that most posters here aren't gross, or sexist, only a few bad apples. As with every community there are bound to be a few people who lack self awareness and empathy. It's unfortunate that the internet gives you anonymity to be a jerk, but what can you do about it?

Feb 14, 2021 - permalink

Many FBB'ers don't like men who don't work out at all.

Feb 16, 2021 - permalink

Many FBB'ers don't like men who don't work out at all.

How long have you been into female bodybuilder's and do you interact with them?

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »