Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Help me design a new tags system

« first < prev Page 7 of 10 next > last »
Chainer
Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

Yeah I'm ignoring all specific suggestions for tags, but I'm keeping the thread open in case there's some great new idea about redesigning the system. It hasn't really been a priority recently though, and I haven't actually made progress on this.

Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

It has kind of gone like this:

Chainer: “Everyone, even though my new pizza making machine is quite popular, it’s clear there is a demand for new toppings. I’m open to suggestions on how to redesign the machine to allow for new toppings and flavor combinations.”

Chris: “Yes! Pineapple please!”

I don't know why this is being pinned on me; plenty of others have made those kinds of suggestions. Even if I initially misunderstood the purpose of this thread, that's no excuse for a moderator (not Chainer, it was someone else) to do something so immoderate as to call my ideas "stupid" ("misguided" would have been an acceptable criticism).

[deleted]
Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

Add domination tag

Dec 07, 2021 - permalink

@kkmm: I'll save you some humiliation by letting you know that the moderators are looking for ways to redesign the tag system but do not want any specific suggestions for new tags. I know, I found out the hard way as you'll see if you check out some of the comments above.

Chainer
Dec 08, 2021 - permalink

I can understand not reading my post several pages before about how I'm not looking for new tag suggestions, but it's kind of funny to get "Add domination tag" two posts after I mention it again.

Chainer
Dec 08, 2021 - permalink

can you please read the post just before yours

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

Maybe take a look at the german image board pr0gramm .com . They solved this with completely free-to-type tags but the community can up- or downvote the tags and only tags that score positive are searchable. Combined with a system of suggestions of common tags, this could be a very fun and dynamic solution for the community while also maintaining consistence.

The implications that this system would take on the technical (specificially database) level is however another thing. Also moderating tags would add to this.

So maybe only a set of allowed tags that can be voted for on a central page (thus easier to moderate) and only these tags can later be used on pictures (and voted for)?

I can really second that. I know this board and they solved the tags quite well.

Also @Chainer is there a git[hub/tea/lab] where we could read and play with your codebase and send in patches?

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

"transformation"

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

Could you add a “primary tag” like for instance, if the there’s an image that’s bi’s tri’s and Lats, the primary tag can be biceps , which is the main focus of the picture/video. Maybe something along those lines

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

I think there must be a tag system for unnamed or unknown for the images of models whose name is not known, it will definitely help to get the name of model faster and the images which deserve high scores will get it .

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

I think there must be a tag system for unnamed or unknown for the images of models whose name is not known, it will definitely help to get the name of model faster and the images which deserve high scores will get it .

You can find those with the Advanced search, using the check box 'no name set': https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?show_...

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

Could you add a “primary tag” like for instance, if the there’s an image that’s bi’s tri’s and Lats, the primary tag can be biceps , which is the main focus of the picture/video. Maybe something along those lines

This. The tag system is almost pointless because posters tag every body part seen in pic/vid along with the one in focus. Its really only good for broad categories like working out, armwrestling, lift and carry and not specific body parts.

cgsweat
Jan 19, 2022 - permalink

This is kind of related to something that was suggested before, Tag Categories.

Jan 19, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by chipperpip
Feb 04, 2022 - permalink

An advanced search on comments already provides a rough way to find information that isn't in tags.

Someone in this thread mentioned a tag for uniform. Searching for comments containing uniform returns a few relevant hits. Someone else mentioned height. Searching for 6 2 (with a space between them) returns a few of pages of hits where some comments contain 6'2" though also with 6 and 2 further apart. Not sure how that works, but anyway it returns a decent number of relevant hits like Carli Moreland/Shepherd, Madison Clark, Erin Clymer and Maria Carolien Wattel. Admittedly it also returns Savanna Prez.

Staying with the height thing, the search also returns an image of Kristifigure with 208 comments. There is almost bound to be something that matches 6 2 somewhere in that many comments!

So ... how about adding a check box to comments so the person who makes them can flag that they give some information (accuracy not guaranteed) about the image or the person shown. For example "OMG" would not be, and neither would "I'm 6'2"". Advanced Search could have a check box to search for information comments only, so as long as the comments were flagged correctly a search for comment text "instagram" would find "her instagram is ..." but not "what's her instagram?".

Admittedly people could use different words for the same thing (booty / butt / ...), but that would also apply if people started creating their own candidates for tags.

Using tag-like comments would allow for discussion, like "she's this tall" ... "oh no she isn't, she's that tall".

One other thought is that if it were possible to search for all information comments about an individual, rather than image by image, the number of results would be fairly manageable in most cases. If someone wanted an instagram address, a quick search of all info comments would probably return it so they wouldn't have to ask again. It would also suit people like me who find that looking at an image is all very well, but it's much more interesting if you know a bit about the person (particularly whether she is knee high to a grasshopper or not, as many seem to be).

If you have the time, an occasional trawl through information comments would probably provide some ideas for new tags to consider.

Just a thought. It would be a lot easier than a new tagging system.

Feb 19, 2022 - permalink

Also @Chainer is there a git[hub/tea/lab] where we could read and play with your codebase and send in patches?

still interested about this

May 02, 2022 - permalink

Something worth mentioning is having a tag for flexing. Big difference between flexing biceps and a girl just having biceps and being in a picture. Maybe like someone mentioned earlier having primary and secondary tags.

May 02, 2022 - permalink

Could we show video length of clips before we click on them? Maybe even be able to search by video length?

May 02, 2022 - permalink

Two must-haves:

"transformation" - absolute no-brainer

"natural pecs"

May 03, 2022 - permalink

Two must-haves:

"transformation" - absolute no-brainer

"natural pecs"

Chainer has mentioned that this thread is not for specific tag suggestions. However, as I put in an earlier post to this thread anyone can add "transformation" or "natural pecs" as a comment, and anyone can use advanced search to find those comments. ElsieGuen, who has commented just above, has put some instructions for using Advanced Search here.

May 03, 2022 - permalink

Oops, my bad. Disregard.

May 04, 2022 - permalink

How about some equivalent of hash tags that can be put in comments? The snag with that is that comment search seems to use an algorithm that ignores most, if not all, non-alphabetical characters. Going back to my earlier thought, tags in comments could be adopted if they become popular enough. But it does demand a character that can be used like a hash.

Jun 13, 2022 - edited Jun 13, 2022 - permalink

I've been around girlswithmuscle for years. I think there is a place for "tall" tag for girls who are over 180cm(5'11). The height and the length of limbs, torso affects how the muscles look and develop. It would be a useful tag for which truthfulness is easy to manage. Tbh I think the current tag system works alright. Free form tagging system would result in chaos. Maybe reducing the existing tags to more general photography perspective? Lower body, upper body, back perspective, front. Poses can work great too, double biceps etc

cgsweat
Jun 28, 2022 - permalink

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/comment/2175568/

To add on to my previous suggestion, there could perhaps be another category for "Setting." For example:

Setting

• Photoshoot, studio/indoor
  • Photoshoot, outdoor
  • Public, indoor
  • Public, outdoor
  • Private/home
  • Beach
  • Gym
  • Contest/competition
  • Expo

Uploaders would (as they do now) have the first opportunity before anyone else to set their own tags. As soon as the tags reach a certain limit (1 Setting, 1 Clothing, 1 Scenario, and 5 Body tags [see linked comment above for more info]) they will be locked so no one can tamper with them. There are way too many images that have tags that are irrelevant to the image, and in my opinion only the muscles that are the focus of the image should be tagged, rather than every visible muscle in the image as seems to be the case. Hence the limit, and the lock placed at 5 tags.

Should these tags need to be changed, a user could simply send a report of what they think the change should be. For example if an image has "quads" for a tag and it's not the focus, the mod staff could remove that tag very simply. The bottom line is we want tag searches to produce more relevant results.

Also it would be nice to have these tags hyperlinked to bring up search results without having to mess with the advanced search. It wouldn't be unlike how hashtags are hyperlinked in every IG post. This would be more of a quality of life/convenience/ease of access type of change however, so it's not a particularly huge deal for me.

« first < prev Page 7 of 10 next > last »