Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Help me design a new tags system

« first < prev Page 5 of 10 next > last »
cgsweat
Aug 02, 2021 - edited Aug 02, 2021 - permalink

Bikini/Wellness/Figure/Fitness can all be collapsed into one, I think. Which should probably stay as just Figure/Fitness, since "Bikini" will make people think of the outfit not the division, and Wellness kind of blends into the other two (I think it has less emphasis on low bodyfat?)

I would hope users are bright enough not to mix up categories, but I suppose there is the chance of someone checking off "Swimwear" in the clothing category and "Bikini" in the other.

Also to expand on the "Competitor Type" (title is a work in progress) category, I think there could be the option of 2 choices here. You could choose maybe between active, non-competitor, or retired as 1 choice, one of the other mentioned tags as the other choice.

I do think it's a bit redundant though to label every image of a woman with these tags. Most of her content will use the same tags, unless she switches divisions or her 'active' status. It might be a decent idea to have a bio field pop up (like an IG bio) from a name search so that a short description about who she is or what she does can be displayed. This is where there could be a pulldown menu for:

• Crossfit, Bodybuilder, Power-Lifter, Fitness/Figure, etc.
  • Active, retired, or non-competing, ...or deceased? šŸ™
  • And perhaps anything else worth mentioning here

This way it would simplify the tagging process.

Aug 05, 2021 - permalink

Iā€™d like to see a CrossFit/athlete category

Aug 05, 2021 - permalink

A body comparison is person vs person.

Transformation is person vs self.

Aug 06, 2021 - permalink

I'd love to be able to search just for videos longer than 10 or 15 seconds. Any chance they could be tagged by 2 or 3 broad length ranges? I find the super-short ones annoying. Thanks for your work to keep improving!

Aug 06, 2021 - permalink

I mean, the size limit is 25MB, so the site isn't really designed for long videos to begin with. Especially if they're HD.

cgsweat
Aug 06, 2021 - permalink

I mean, the size limit is 25MB, so the site isn't really designed for long videos to begin with. Especially if they're HD.

Although that is true, I do understand him wanting to watch longer videos. I've managed to upload videos around 3 minutes in length while taking a minimal sacrifice to quality. And there is a world of difference between a video that plays on a 1 second loop and one that is 3 minutes long.

Aug 07, 2021 - permalink

A Most Muscular tag?

M76
Aug 08, 2021 - edited Aug 08, 2021 - permalink

Most muscular is a pose, it's more than enough to list the specific muscles on display, too many tags makes the system confusing.

As for collapsing Wellness/Bikini/Figure/Fitness into one: TERRIBLE IDEA. There is a huge difference in muscularity between figure and wellness/bikini, today's figure competitors are bigger and more shredded than bodybuilders used to be in the nineties. It would make the tag useless as I imagine those who want to look at bikini girls don't want to look at big and muscular figure girls, and frankly I don't want to wade through a ton of barely muscular bikini athletes either to get to the figure athletes.

Active / Retired / Deceased is kind of a morbid tag, who the heck would want to search specifically for dead athletes? That gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Aug 14, 2021 - permalink

Maybe not as a searchable tag, but something like a small rose or lily next to the name of the deceased could work, imo.

Aug 28, 2021 - permalink

I'd like to see age/DOB, height and links to social media.

Sep 17, 2021 - permalink

Strongwoman/strenght

Sep 18, 2021 - permalink

Maybe allowing the use of just one tag, or two, the most accurate ones. Also - hope it's not too off topic - it would be cool if one selected a model, once I've been clicking on her name and all her pics/vids appear, I could keep watching only her media just clicking on "next". At the moment it looks like doing that I'm gonna see another model as a next picture, maybe by default it's showing up the most recent one?

Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

Thereā€™s something about built women in uniform. Hospital scrubs, Military, Law Enforcement, Sports, etc.

Maybe a new tag for ā€œuniformedā€ muscle pics.

cgsweat
Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

To reiterate what the site's Admin has stated in the original post to this thread:

From reading https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread... it is clear that there is a demand for more tags. However, I don't think that continuing to add new tags manually upon request is a great solution.

I'm more interested in creating some kind of free-form tagging system.

This thread is less about suggesting new tags and more about coming up with ways to revamp the current tagging system. I direct "new tag suggestions" here so that hopefully those users will take a moment to read through this thread and see that those suggestions aren't really being considered right now.

Sep 30, 2021 - permalink

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but tag "shreds" would be nice if some people are more interrsted in shredded women than more casual looks

Oct 01, 2021 - edited Oct 01, 2021 - permalink

I personally have little interest in "casual" looks, but the corresponding tag seems to be one of the most heavily used on GWM, and many of the admin types appear avidly in favor of its continued predominance and sometimes put down or ridicule dissenters like myself.

Oct 02, 2021 - permalink

@Chris_Carss Mostly because your "dissentions" tend to be nonsensical rants that misunderstand the uses of the tag.

Oct 03, 2021 - permalink

@chipperpip: If I'm still misunderstanding the uses of the tag, then please enlighten me.

Oct 03, 2021 - permalink

The way you have it set up is effective. When you get down to it, most of the users engage this service because of the caprices of their sexual fantasy on that particular day (or several times a day). Novelty is important, and other aspects of fantasy that are hard to define.

From a UX point of view, the questions you need to ask are 1. Who are the users 2.what are they trying to do 3. what's the context, and does it change 4. how are they solving this problem now?

I think that all in all you do a good job of providing a niche service better than anyone else. You police the content to keep users from poaching pay sites, you have an active forum, you have tags and search.

My main suggestion is to allow users to create custom tags on the fly. That should be pretty easy to do. I'd like to see stuff others may or may not want. "Tall Milf Uniform Hands" or some such. You would need to make sure they didn't create duplicate tags. Ideally you could do this with a typeahead "add tags" feature.

Oct 05, 2021 - edited Oct 05, 2021 - permalink

@chipperpip: On second thought, don't enlighten me. Even if I understood perfectly the uses of the tags, I still wouldn't be satisfied with the product. The goal of my "nonsensical rants" has been to see if here's any support among the GWM rank and file to expand its uses. If there's anything you've enlightened be about, it's that if I want something that's different from what GWM presumably supports, then I have to create it myself. So I've done that quite successfully thank you very much; but what I've set up is strictly in my own computer using its book-marking features, so no one else sees it but me and the GWM status quo remains undisturbed.

Oct 17, 2021 - permalink

"transformation(s)" - this is one of the most-requested categories at HB

"mature" or similar - an ode to the 40+ women who are still modeling or showing off on their instagrams, etc, just a thought

Thanks in advance.

Oct 17, 2021 - permalink

YESSSS would love a transformation tag.

Oct 17, 2021 - permalink

Has anyone mentioned a muscle control tag? More specifically a pec or glute flexing tag?

Oct 17, 2021 - permalink

I like all these ideas, but like I've said above, the GWM leadership seems to like the tags the way they are, or might even want to reduce the number of tags a bit.

Imagine
Oct 17, 2021 - permalink

the GWM leadership seems to like the tags the way they are, or might even want to reduce the number of tags a bit.

The goal of this thread was and still is to help design a new tag system, something that will be more efficient and help users find the images they want to see. There are already five pages in this thread and most of the comments are "Can we have tag xyz" which is not what Chainer wants to do. Imagine uploading or looking for an image and having to search through hundreds of tags just to get the right one.

« first < prev Page 5 of 10 next > last »