Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Help me design a new tags system

M76
Feb 26, 2021 - permalink

Is that what it is about? Basking in the glory of you identifying someone? That's quite petty. As we already discussed, penalizing nameless uploads will just result in no uploads at all from those people. And quite frankly sometimes I'm just reluctant to identify lesser known girls, because I don't want the vultures to descend on their social media.

Feb 26, 2021 - permalink

Is that what it is about? Basking in the glory of you identifying someone? That's quite petty. As we already discussed, penalizing nameless uploads will just result in no uploads at all from those people. And quite frankly sometimes I'm just reluctant to identify lesser known girls, because I don't want the vultures to descend on their social media.

What are you referring to?

Mar 01, 2021 - permalink

The reason I suggested what I did was to address the idea of people uploading pics without names on them. That's what this is about. People get tired of seeing unidentified pictures, and it shows laziness on the part of the uploader, so it incentivizes the full and complete task of the uploader.

I'm sorry if you're the type of person who seeks to "bask in the glory of identifying pictures" and then projects that quality onto others. Troll much?

M76
Mar 01, 2021 - permalink

You brought up giving credit to the white knight who finally identifies a picture. Don't try to act as if you want that on someone else's behalf. The fact that you were so riled up that you felt the need to attack me in PM, proves that I hit the spot. It only hurts if it's true.

Mar 02, 2021 - permalink

Some thoughts from my side about Tags: First I agree with chevron:

Tags tend to fall into three main categories, like ... a) Muscle groups: abs, biceps, delts, etc.(including the 'overall physique' catchall for when more muscle groups are displayed than the five-tag limit allows). b) Activities: working out, armwrestling, lift-and-carry etc.(I guess 'body comparison' fits in here as well.) c) Descriptors: athlete, gymnast, bodybuilder, figure-fitness, etc (with 'teen' as an odd-one-out; the 'casual' tag was, IIRC, introduced as a book-end to 'glamour', which latter was dropped.)

I would even divide category c) into two like c1) Model (athlete, gymnast, bodybuilder,...) and c2) clothing (casual, sleeve, bikini,...) Also, sorting/displaying tags in these categories would help user experience, I think.

Second, I think it is not needed to provide a functionality to add and remove tags on an ongoing basis. If you think in these categories, you can easily identify some missing tags. Then one could make a voting on new tags as a one-off and review it in a year or so.

I think like this, moderation effort would minimal and I think it is key to keep number of tags as low as possible but as high as needed.

Mar 03, 2021 - permalink

You brought up giving credit to the white knight who finally identifies a picture. Don't try to act as if you want that on someone else's behalf. The fact that you were so riled up that you felt the need to attack me in PM, proves that I hit the spot. It only hurts if it's true.

LOL. You need a lot of help...

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »