Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Famous Schmoes!

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

I remember that. I also remember some wrestling YouTubers back then making fun of him for it too.

That would be 'King Ross' right?

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

That Katka Kyptova one is gold. A real schmoe would have “Katka Kyptova pecs” up though

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

That would be 'King Ross' right?

Him and I think a few others.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

> I’ve had many sessions over the years and have into female muscle for over 50 years.... I’ve owned two gyms and know many FBB(s).... > Please allow me to set the record straight on what a Schmoe is .... > I’ve asked many session girls what their definition of what a Schmoe is and always got the same answer..... > First Schmoe is not a negative term ..... > It originated with session girls ..... > As prostitutes refers their clients as John’s..... > Session girls refer to their clients as Schmoes > It’s that simple.......

@LPC I would agree with your definition for the most part. The term originated with the late Kay Baxter and Pillow talking about the guys who followed them around and fell at their feet. Tina Lockwood used to talk about having "schmoe replellent" so the termis not positive with all of the fbbs. Most girls use it loosely. I have never done a session, but know many who have and it does tie in with that world closely.

It depends on the girl and how it is used, but generally it is not negative. Some girls don't like all the attention as you know...and others love it.

Absolutely. Everyone has a different perspective on bodybuilding schmoes. Some people use the term in a negative manner while others use it to describe a specific type of admirer without demeaning them. There's schmoe's that openly refer to themselves as such without hesitation. The term being used to target a specific group of people (muscle admirers) is the real issue and not the people. When it's used loosely, it sometimes sounds like a generalization of muscle admirers.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

> One of my favorite comic book artists and writer's, John Byrne, is definitely into muscular women. He made She-Hulk famous with his fourth wall breaking Sensational She-Hulk series. On another forum, someone mentioned to me that a female bodybuilder brought up Byrne's name in a conversation, I think during a session or just a casual conversation. It was implied that he may have been a schmoe, but not confirmed. > > Can't forget Boris Vallejo, who showcased bodybuilders a lot in his work. He did a book dedicated to athletes and bodybuilders titled "Bodies". Is he or was he a schmoe, I have no idea. Nonetheless, bodybuilders appealed to him a great deal.

Boris is definitely a fan of fbbs. On top of illustrating them, his wife and fellow artist Julie Bell is/ was an fbb:

Nice! Didn't know he was married to her. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

I've always thought "schmoe" kind of referred to an average Joe. Hence the term Joe Schmoe.

Until now, I've never heard it used to refer specifically to guys who are into muscular women. Not to discredit anyone who does use the word in this manner, but it does seem to be a very niche, underground definition.

I consider it to be a niche underground definition too, but nowadays, people use very loosely. Just a few posts back, someone asked if it meant someone who just liked muscular women.

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

@zig ....thanks for the background information

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink

That Katka Kyptova one is gold. A real schmoe would have “Katka Kyptova pecs” up though

I see you're a man of culture my good sir

Jan 31, 2021 - permalink
Feb 02, 2021 - permalink

Coincidentally, yesterday I met an FBB in a gym for the very first time (and an FBB at all for NEARLY the first time). One I'd seen many times, and wasn't exactly afraid to talk to, but waited till I asked someone who knew her to introduce us. Since I'd looked at her (but not really gawked at her) a lot of times, I guess she COULD'VE considered me a real "schmoe" in the NEGATIVE sense, but instead she was really nice.

Feb 02, 2021 - permalink

I think Dave Spade is also a schmoe Hes been in lift and carry scenes And in grown up 2 his girlfriend was a fbb

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

Someone has to mention Robert Crumb...

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

I mentioned him in the "Cartoons" thread, but I think Sergio Aragones. He does a whole routine about the subject (with mainly "friendly kidding") in Mad # 288, there are two FBB cartoons in his paperback "Mad As Usual," and at least one of his "Mad Marginals" (those really tiny cartoons in Mad issues).

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

Perhaps ex-baseball player John Rocker belongs on this list? ;)

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

Coincidentally, yesterday I met an FBB in a gym for the very first time (and an FBB at all for NEARLY the first time). One I'd seen many times, and wasn't exactly afraid to talk to, but waited till I asked someone who knew her to introduce us. Since I'd looked at her (but not really gawked at her) a lot of times, I guess she COULD'VE considered me a real "schmoe" in the NEGATIVE sense, but instead she was really nice.

Most of them are very nice, though some of the super famous ones that get massive attention are not wild about it.

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

Perhaps ex-baseball player John Rocker belongs on this list? ;)

I'd question calling a skinny dancer with a tiny bit of arm definition a muscle girl or anyone who would fit into that category. She doesn't have enough muscle to stand out in a crowd. My understanding of "schmoe" was always that it pertained to very muscular women....lots of muscle and power. I don't think figure or fitness girls have much of an issue with that. That girl is not even in the muscular category. We've all seen a million with that body type.

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

That is Alicia Marie (Ballanger), that someone else mentioned. :)

Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

That is Alicia Marie (Ballanger), that someone else mentioned. :)

No idea who that is. I'm sure she turns some heads, but she is not the stand out muscle girl that has guys going bonkers over her muscles....at least that I have ever seen. She is more of a mainstream fitness girl look that many bodybuilding fans shunned when they went to it. She probably has some nutrition ads and that sort of thing, but no real muscle there at all.

Feb 03, 2021 - edited Feb 03, 2021 - permalink

A-Rod dated Erin Simmons, Joslyn Noel Morse and Lauren Hunter too. Monica Brant was seen at his home. He's like a shark when he sees a muscular girl. 😄

U-1
Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Deep Roy appeared in a Builtmore video with Thea Bennington. I'd say you have to be far from "into female bodybuilders" to even appear in a production of this kind.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1374v1

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Builtmore was located right near Hollywood for what it is worth.

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

A-Rod dated Erin Simmons, Joslyn Noel Morse and Lauren Hunter too. Monica Brant was seen at his home. He's like a shark when he sees a muscular girl. 😄

He also turns his girlfriends into muscular women. Cameron Diaz and J-Lo to name 2.

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Brian Eno http://femalemuscleslave.blogspot.com/2013/09...

He's been of my favorite musicians since 1974. I had no idea.

Feb 10, 2021 - permalink

No idea who that is. I'm sure she turns some heads, but she is not the stand out muscle girl that has guys going bonkers over her muscles....at least that I have ever seen. She is more of a mainstream fitness girl look that many bodybuilding fans shunned when they went to it. She probably has some nutrition ads and that sort of thing, but no real muscle there at all.

She used to go by Alicia Marie Denson. Alicia was real popular in the early 2000's. She sparked some controversy about her and A-Rod being good friends and "Hanging out" in each others apartments/homes regularly.

May 29, 2021 - permalink

One of my favorite comic book artists and writer's, John Byrne, is definitely into muscular women. He made She-Hulk famous with his fourth wall breaking Sensational She-Hulk series. On another forum, someone mentioned to me that a female bodybuilder brought up Byrne's name in a conversation, I think during a session or just a casual conversation. It was implied that he may have been a schmoe, but not confirmed.

I could believe it. He drew a strong-looking Wonder Woman, and he created the character Rampage, who's quite the amazon herself.

« first < prev Page 2 of 5 next > last »