Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Girls that were going to be great but QUIT!

« first < prev Page 16 of 20 next > last »
Nov 07, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by blastor138
fp909
Nov 07, 2021 - permalink

hasn't quite "quit" or anything but i'm holding out that Kate Hart hits the WPD stage. she has been putting on some big size in the last couple of years but she is very focused with growing her two businesses w/her husband, and i don't really think competing is anywhere near the forefront of anything.

for my money, she has some of the all-time great biceps, and her rear peak shots are insane. and that was a couple of years ago last time she was lean. Reminded me a bit of Donna Bramble

fp909
Nov 07, 2021 - permalink

also want to throw in old-school body Nina Melidosian. She was active for probably less than three years around 1990 and had a killer physique. it felt like she was a rookie having a great first two years, and then just stopping for whatever reason (actually, maybe not unlike the Calvin Ridley situation).

She would have been a huge WPW hit had she stuck around for even another year. as herbiceps said in another thread, never take for granted the time a woman is active

Nov 07, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 07, 2021 - edited Nov 07, 2021 - permalink

Heather pedigo parsons. She is 6 feet, beautiful and huge. She could have the biggest FBB title.

Holy shit I forgot all about Heather. She was really beginning to make waves with her physique and then she suddenly pulled a Houdini. Whatever happened with her?

Nov 07, 2021 - permalink

I would really like to see Sheikha Nguyen get back into competing. She has amazing proportions and made remarkable progress ina short amount of time. She would do very well in WPD.

Yes...she was blossoming into a muscular marvel

Nov 07, 2021 - permalink

Too many to list…just imagine if Cindy Phillips and Britt Miller stuck with it for another 10 years; what if Katka Kyptova didn’t stop 10 years ago? Imagine how dense Brigita Brezovac would be if she kept with it. What if youngins like Georgina McConnell didn’t flame out?

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

A lot of you may not remember this beauty at all but Zahira Landestoy was very promising. I had come across her several years back via Facebook and she was competing in figure at the time (This was circa 2012-2013 I think). Then she upgraded to physique (not today's version of physique). I remember she was a very devout Christian and would always express her ideals about her beliefs and I would talk with her from time to time and then out of nowhere she got married and POOF! Just like that she was gone. I think about 4 years ago she popped up on this spread called ontherize and there is some footage of her shoots on Youtube. She looked incredibly hot! The exact right balance of still hitting the mark of conventional beauty standards while also having dense muscularity. Since then I haven't heard a thing from her and she has no presence on social media anymore. I hope she's doing ok.

Anyone remember Danielle Mastromatteo? Very promising athlete with a lot of potential then she started a family and bodybuilding became a thing of the past. If you check her Instagram she's still fit but she looks NOTHING like she did in the picture below.

Heidi Krochter. An absolute Canadian unit! Was on the scene in the mid 2010s, then had a baby and fell off the map. Good news is she resurfaced on Instagram and rebranded herself and if you scroll through her Instagram, you can tell she reminisces about her competition days. She's still into fitness but she lost ALL her muscle! And I'm talking about atrophy as drastic as Megan Elizabeth's. But keep hope alive guys. You never know, she just may get that itch again.

Megan Elizabeth Colvin. We know her story here but this one unfortunately ended in tragedy as we know Megan sadly left this Earth a while back. Rest In Peace

And last but not least we have Jennie Roosa. As you can see from the pic, this girl progressively put on muscle and then grew into a tank out of nowhere. Not long after that happened she got married, got pregnant, and disappeared off the scene completely. I believe at a certain point she was even being trained by Alina Popa. So much promise and she got absolutely massive!! We even managed to get a few Awefilms shoots from her before she disappeared so I won't complain about that.

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Would like to know about Heather Pedigo.

I don't know if she's been mentioned already, but a phenom with promise who comes to mind is Jessica Work:

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Oh yeah, wow - Jessica Work is a throwback!

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Would like to know about Heather Pedigo.

I don't know if she's been mentioned already, but a phenom with promise who comes to mind is Jessica Work:

Jessica was mentioned earlier in this thread

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Jessica was mentioned earlier in this thread

Ugh, yeah, mentioned on p. 5, but... nobody seems to know what happened.

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Amanda Ballengee. Got hooked up with some apple juice by her boyfirend, had her traps and delts explode as a result, hopped off, and went back to being a normal skinny girl.

I checked her insta: https://www.instagram.com/amandaballengee/?hl=en

She has a post from a few months ago saying that dude is her husband (they've been married for nine years). As someone else says, she still has solid arms. On the downside, she's some kind of hunter.

fp909
Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

People have been hunting for millions of years not sure why that’s an issue lol and good hunters are integral to keeping some of the wild populations from getting out of control. If she’s a mountaineer as her profile suggests they eat what they hunt which is more “humane” than all the animal farms people complain about.

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Godzilla - I'm going to have to disagree with you here, Cotton. Although, what you say is somewhat true (the ill effects of PEDs seem to be greatly over-stated in my opinion), I really don't think that these women quit the sport because of health issues. Frankly, the easiest part of bodybuilding is sticking that pin in in your ass. More difficult is the intensity and all-consuming nature of training. And far, FAR more difficult is the diet, which forces competitors to eat themselves sick in the off-season and carb-starve themselves sick when they're cutting.

These women just burn out. It's the rare, rare competitor who can do these things year after year after year.

One day, read Cindy Phillips' blog (if its still up). In it, she discusses the extent of mental anguish she would experience when dieting for competition. She talks about he overwhelming amount of frustration and even depression when she is unable to achieve her cutting goals. She talks about how EVERY OTHER ASPECT OF HER LIFE - - friends, family, life-enjoyment - - were subordinated by her commitment to her sport. She quit and claims to have never regretted it.

So, when you say that many of these women quit due to "health issues", if you meant "mental health issues", I think that you'd be closer to the truth.

P.S. There is absolutely no evidence that taking steroids, HGH, Clen, T3, etc. leads to female sterility. None.

Mental health issues are a part of why women bodybuilders quit as well. Being pressured by the family to quit bodybuilding to find a husband and settle down. Being very honest here in saying that most men out there who do not do bodybuilding but train their best at the local gym do not want a female bodybuilder as their significant other. They don't mind a regular looking woman who trains at the gym a few days and just be there wife. But I live in Las Vegas and know a few amateur bodybuilding women who quit one, two, or three years into bodybuilding because they cannot take the stress of going to the gym everyday working out to the brink burning out so much and sticking that needle in their bodies to get big. All the diet and more in that are is also very consuming.

fp909
Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

There are definitely very few women who feed off of being different. I think those are the ones that know they have an expiration on that period and will do what they can with the time they have. everyone else gets in, gets big, quits fast.there's a lot of other stuff they can do with their lives.

Family planning is probably huge too, and I bet if you tracked a lot of women who stopped they probably had rollercoaster relationships before finally settling down and deciding how they wanted their fitness to be long term.

Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

I'm sure they were probably mentioned already. Georgina McConnell and Shannon Courtney (2014).

fp909
Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

I think mentioned before but Georgina hated both the negative attention and the general attention her body got. She also blasted pretty hard pretty early.

Maybe some good news on the Shannon front for those who were fans--now the post-partum weight is starting to come off pretty well, and she may or may not consider an implant reduction since they're a little ungainly for crossfit if you take it seriously. Looks like she wants to get back to her Super League look, before the surgery, and could be interested in shooting again.

Nov 08, 2021 - edited Nov 08, 2021 - permalink

Oh, one I don't remember seeing in this thread: Dallas Heath. Not the Dallas Heath on this site; another Dallas Heath. She might have a middle or last name that I'm blanking on. I think she was a swimmer turned mom turned competitor (roided husband).

ETA: Another was Danica Goodheart, but someone here said she had a stalker situation and shut-down the socials.

Nov 09, 2021 - permalink

Reading through this thread has definitely put into perspective how quickly these ladies will come up and then fall off the map. Some to never be seen or heard from ever again! As much of a legend as she was to us, I don't know of a soul who has an account of coming across Tina Lockwood in recent times. Would be nice to know what she's been up to these days

Nov 09, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by Lscruz_06
Nov 09, 2021 - permalink

I can confirm that Francesca Mujica is doing well since I’m close to her , but as many other girls in here , she decided to keep her social media really private to just family friends , she’s still in very good shape like the ones on the pictures by the way

Nov 09, 2021 - permalink

I think mentioned before but Georgina hated both the negative attention and the general attention her body got. She also blasted pretty hard pretty early.

Maybe some good news on the Shannon front for those who were fans--now the post-partum weight is starting to come off pretty well, and she may or may not consider an implant reduction since they're a little ungainly for crossfit if you take it seriously. Looks like she wants to get back to her Super League look, before the surgery, and could be interested in shooting again.

Georgina McConnell was really huge and gorgeous but yes she really hit the juice hard early in her bodybuilding life. But I saw on Facebook years back that she quit bodybuilding got married and has a family. So basically she's gone back to being a total girly girl.

fp909
Nov 09, 2021 - permalink

I can confirm that Francesca Mujica is doing well since I’m close to her , but as many other girls in here , she decided to keep her social media really private to just family friends , she’s still in very good shape like the ones on the pictures by the way

i saw that she was back active on HBC too so still around

« first < prev Page 16 of 20 next > last »