Forum > Stories (Fiction) > Thread

Does anyone has the same experiences?

mrjohn
Dec 27, 2019 - permalink
I have been a trainer in the gym for years. My women weightlifters, pound for pound, outlift my males. When people start teasing and issuing challenges to each other to armwrestle, if the women is anywhere near the weight of the man, the women almost always wins. I have seen women beat men who were 30 lbs lighter than the man. I am 5'10, 200 lbs, with 18.5 inch arms. I have been beaten armwrestling by a woman who was 5'2, 160 lbs with 17 in arms. We were dead center for a couple of minutes. She gradually pushed me off center. We had our other hands clasped together for stability. Her muscles just stood out and looked so good. They were like bands of steel. I have it all I could and could not push her back. After about 4-5 minutes, my hand touched down and she won! The veins in her arms, shoulders and chest were just great to look at. What power. The sweat running down her cute face with that sweaty blond hair over her eyes, "bedroom material" for sure! Later she challenged me to the standing calve machine. I was able to do 380 lbs. She did 500 more easily than I did 380! We then went to the good morning machine, she beat me again. At the leg press, I did 600, she did 675. At the dumbells, I did 50 lbs, each arm, 5x. She then did 55 lbs 10 each! I was so much larger than her, and in the mirror appeared much more muscled up. She was short, but all muscle and overpowered me by far. After a few months, I took her home and she again prove she was more physical than I. She tore me up and wore me out! Geez, I love those muscles! When we were done, she let me lick her biceps, abs and thighs! Oh I am in love. And just think, the world is full of strong women who are just now realizing it! Go get them guys!

Weight TrainerApr 12 2004 8:40am

I found this story on an abandoned forum where I was years ago and post a lot of messages too. It's called LikeLike.

Does anyone has the same experience(s)?

Dec 27, 2019 - permalink
Generally speaking men are just stronger. Their are some amazing woman one offs but are incredibly far and few in between. With that said my girl friend has some pretty buff arms, I tend to have higher max's on almost everything, she tends to be able to rep more. She straight up beats me in arm wrestling every time. For years. At least 15-20 times. I think it's because she does this one curl exercise that I don't do that must help with arm wrestling or maybe she has shorter arms and can keeps all her power close to her body to beat me. Not sure.
mrjohn
Dec 30, 2019 - permalink
Hi, thanks for the answer.

In what exercises she beats you with more reps and how many reps she can do more on average?

Dec 31, 2019 - permalink
I suppose I'll use back and biceps day as an example and run through our workout.

We run through 5 sets of 21's with barbell 50lb, 60lb, 60lb, 50lb then 40lb as the cool down set.

We switch to a few back exercises to warm up 4 sets of Lat Pulldowns and Seated cable row. We do these back to back and drop set each one. Typically 100lb to 140lb depending on how were feeling and of course much lighter weight as we're dropping.

We move to Overhead cable curls, 5 sets each with a drop set. I'll do 30lb on this one to start (each arm), but my S/O hasn't been able to hit more then 25 here. We'll drop all the way to 10lb here to make sure we get enough reps in.

Next we move onto straight bar curl and inverted rows. Inverted row is really just to keep the blood flowing as they are pretty easy in between sets of straight bar curl. Straight bar curl is a 5 set workout with drop sets. This one I've seen her do 65 a few times trying to keep up, but it's a little more difficult for her.

Next we do hammer curls with the bull testicles, 4 sets here and only two drop sets. This exercise she does as much or more typically not sure why. But it's only at 50. I struggle with this one for some reason.

Next we hit 3 sets of standard dumbbell curls with drop sets and dumbbell single arm row 3 sets. She can't do as much weight, but will frequently be 5lbs less and do way more reps then I do. I'll use 35's for starting weight and she'll use 30lb on dumbbell curls. Rows are around 40 to 50 depending on how were feeling.

Next is a round of exercise that I found online were you cup the dumbbell in your palm and curl it. Your hands are cupping the top of the dumbbell as your curling it. Sorry for that rough explanation as I'm not sure what it's called, but we drop set this one 3 times and start with 40lb, 30lb, 20lb. This one in particular she will out rep me by a long shot. I'll do about 10 of the 40, 4-5 of the 30 and 4-5 of the 20, she'll hit around 10 on all three.

Next is standard concentration curls 3 sets with drop sets. She'll smoke me at this point typically lifting as much and many more reps then me. Around 35 starting weight, sometimes 30lb.

Then to wind down we do 3 to 4 light sets of the back machine in the regular part of the gym and do a last two sets of the bicep curl machine before leaving.

Workout typically take around hour and a half to two hours. Especially if we throw in some ab exercises.
mrjohn
Dec 31, 2019 - permalink
Next is a round of exercise that I found online were you cup the dumbbell in your palm and curl it. Your hands are cupping the top of the dumbbell as your curling it. Sorry for that rough explanation as I'm not sure what it's called, but we drop set this one 3 times and start with 40lb, 30lb, 20lb. This one in particular she will out rep me by a long shot. I'll do about 10 of the 40, 4-5 of the 30 and 4-5 of the 20, she'll hit around 10 on all three.

Next is standard concentration curls 3 sets with drop sets. She'll smoke me at this point typically lifting as much and many more reps then me. Around 35 starting weight, sometimes 30lb.

So those are the exercises she's stronger in. I also found here on the internet articles that women seem to need less rest between the sets of reps than men and I guess that's the reason she's stronger then. They don't seem to suffer as much as men from muscle burn.

What's her reaction then when she notices that she beats you there?
Jan 01, 2020 - permalink
" I also found here on the internet articles that women seem to need less rest between the sets of reps than men and I guess that's the reason she's stronger then. They don't seem to suffer as much as men from muscle burn."

Damn that must explain it then. She always seems to have a gear after I'm done. She doesn't give much reaction to be honest when she does more then me. Not even sure if she notices  ;)
mrjohn
Jan 02, 2020 - permalink
mrjohn
Jan 02, 2020 - permalink
gwhh
Jan 03, 2020 - permalink
Some fitness facts about men and women:

1) In response to exercise men may derive higher relative amounts of testosterone than women, but women may have higher relative amounts of growth hormone than men.

2) Women burn higher proportions of fat than men during exercise and men burn more fat than women after exercise

3) Men and women have equal levels of progesterone during the first 14 days of a woman's cycle

4) Men need to control testosterone converting into estrogen via the hormone aromatase which can result in fat storage around the chest in men

5) Estrogen is like female testosterone, it helps build muscle and burn fat

6) Progesterone causes muscle loss

7) Both men and women burn more fat in workouts that generate higher amounts of cortisol

8) Women may do better with low intensity exercise like walking when it follows more intense activity

9) Andropause is the male version of menopause and involves declines in testosterone.

10) Men and women with high amounts of testosterone and low amounts of cortisol will be the leanest and most muscular through the midsection and arms.

11) When men bulk it is due to muscle, when female bulk it is due to slight gains in muscle without burning fat (sorta like putting on a jacket over two sweaters.

12) Women many benefit more from burning type exercises when lifting weights while men may benefit form heavier weights

13) Women have larger thyroids compared to men and suffer from more thyroid issues.

14) A good way for men to subjectively track fat loss is to measure their waist.  For women, both the waist and the bust can help distinguish fat loss from weight loss

15) Women have more alpha receptors in the hips and thighs compared to men making fat loss from this area more difficult.

16) Men are bigger, faster and stronger but women have greater pain thresholds, faster recovery and more endurance than men.

17) Women are more likely to cross train compared to men and more likely to exercise in groups.

18) When men train for muscle growth they grow primarily typeII muscle fibers that type that can grow big and provide bulk.  When women train for muscle growth they grow far more of the type I muscle fibers that are not able to grow as big

19) Both men and women show lowered hormonal effect to exercise as they age, but older populations still get a hormonal burst from exercise.

20) Men respond to lifestyle changes faster and tend to lose weight more quickly than women. Women are far more likely to "diet" compared to men.
mrjohn
Jan 09, 2020 - permalink
Yeah, I know that list.

I also have a link of that list.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »