Forum > Requests > Thread

Very late ' 80's Documentary

actaeon
Oct 05, 2019 - permalink
This is a real long shot since I have almost no information, but I'm looking for a documentary on cable TV (though not on ESPN) about FBBs, from probably ' 89. I think it had Rachel MacLish but I'm not sure, but I know it had several, and I know that most of them were at something like contest weight. The one part that stays with me had the host of the documentary in a gym with these contest weight FBBs, and (in a way that was staged) they were approached by a very big one at off-season weight. I want to say it was Karla Nelson, but I'm not sure.
I know this is pretty flimsy information, but it's all I have.
Oct 20, 2019 - permalink
Actaeon, I did a youtube search on term - 80s female bodybuilders (or bodybuilding), and 80s female bodybuilding documentary and
did receive some returns on videos that may be what you are looking for. If not, maybe Bill at wpwmax or at wpwmagazineonline could help, send an
email and you never know. Also, Samuel Oldham did some 80s era female bodybuilding video work, if he was not involved in the documentary you
are referencing, he may know something about it. He does or did have a channel on youtube.
Additionally, builtmore or biltmore did some of the early work on female BBs, and I think they worked with Samuel also. Can't remember the name of the man
that runs builtmore, I used to buy DVDs from them and always received prompt service. Plus, they did vids that featured Karla N. Direct an email toward them
and they might have institutional knowledge of the documentary.  Bill Wick did much video work in the early days and pretty sure he still has an active website.
Try contacting Bill. If you receive an answer, let us know.   
actaeon
Oct 22, 2019 - permalink
Thank you.

The man in charge of BuiltMore had the first name Nursi (sp.) and a last name that starts with an N, if that's any help.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »