Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Sensible Advice Sought

Nov 11, 2012 - permalink
OK, a serious topic for once.

Some background: I have been a muscle fan for about 30 years since teenage.  I am now happily married a wonderful totally non-muscle lady.  We have a rock solid relationship and although my wife knows about my love of muscle, I keep this sthenolagnia under tight control.  I should add that I'm not into the whole sub-dom thing, wrestling, arm wrestling, lifting and carrying or any of the other related aspects of muscle fandom which are often mentioned on GWM.  For me it's about enjoyment and admiration of the muscular female form and the women who sculpt their bodies and follow a healthy fitness lifestyle, nothing more, nothing less.  Some guys like skinny girls, some like girls with big breasts. I, in common with most others who visit GWM, like seeing women with athletic muscular bodies.

To get to the point, we have a lovely six-year-old daughter and today she looked at a cartoon picture of a man on the front of a body facts book for children.  The picture was of a man flexing his biceps and she said, out of the blue, "I'd love to have muscles as big as that".  I have never given the slightest hint to her of my love of muscle but as a father, I would be proud if she chose to go into fitness or even natural bodybuilding as a career or at an amateur level.  I WANT TO MAKE IT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that this is NOT about me oggling my daughter in a bikini on stage or in a sexy photo-shoot - that would be just EEEEWWWW!  If she was a boy, it would be a non-issue.

So here's the question, is she too young to be made aware of the possibilities of what she might try when she's older.  Is there anyone else out there who is a father of girls but also a muscle fan for whom this issue has cropped up?

Your reactions please ...

(By the way, I hope I don't need to say this but inappropriate posts will be reported. If necessary, I will simply delete the entire topic.)
wihs2006
Nov 13, 2012 - permalink
IMO I would wait until she is about 13/14 to bring up working out, muscle building, etc.

As a 24 year old guy who started working out when I was 13 I can tell you that there were alot of the more athletic girls starting to work out around the same age as well. Wait till she is a freshman in high school.
lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 13, 2012 - permalink
Counterpoint: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2118133/Schoolgirl-10-breaks-world-weightlifting-record-heaving-TWICE-bodyweight.html

IMO as long as you make sure she's safe there's no reason to hold her back.
msclfn
Nov 30, 2012 - permalink
I do't this is the right place to discuss this in an objectif way, you or even better your wife should look up for a female bodybuilder site not frequented for watching pics of fbb's....
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »