Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Help me understand Morphing?

musclechick
Nov 08, 2012 - permalink
I know what it is I just don't get why some people like it, I mean you know it's fake when you see it so what's the point. Or is it to make realistic people look sort of toony? If that's the attraction I guess I could understand that since there are more kinds of fetishes then I can even imagine nowadays. And whatever floats your boat I'm not one to judge. I was just curious to what the atrraction is to morphed images.
sthenolagnia
Nov 10, 2012 - permalink
I don't like morphs either, but I guess the impulse to create them comes from what is termed the Pygmalion complex - the desire to create the perfect woman. Many a time each of us must have said, such a pity that such a face doesn't come with a better-looking body, or vice versa....
musclechick
Nov 11, 2012 - permalink
"the desire to create the perfect woman"
Most of the morphs I've seen seem to be almost comical and ridiculously exagerated "over morphed" I can't think that when they look like that that someone was setting out to make the perfect women.  It's almost like they've become desensitized to the real look, and morphing pics to ridiculously out of proportioned figures to the point of pure unrealism seems to scratch some itch, maybe?
anon-e-mouse
Nov 11, 2012 - permalink
Some morphs are done so subtly that it may be hard to tell whether or not it's a morph, until you look at the original picture. I've seen this especially done with popular actresses. Take Cameron Diaz. She has worked out to the point of showing some attractive muscle tone, and then someone will take it just a bit further and make her look as if she's done some serious weight training. This is the type of morphing I personally enjoy the most. Not so extreme as to show some monstrosity but more of a "what if" scenario in which, if she were so inclined, the subject could actually achieve that type and size of muscle that bodybuilders can achieve realistically.
j2k
Nov 13, 2012 - permalink
"the desire to create the perfect woman"
Most of the morphs I've seen seem to be almost comical and ridiculously exagerated "over morphed" I can't think that when they look like that that someone was setting out to make the perfect women.

Well, you should. Those who do that kind of morphs clearly like the unrealistic overly built looks. Everyone has their own opinion on what perfection is. It doesn't have to be achievable in flesh.

I know what it is I just don't get why some people like it, I mean you know it's fake when you see it so what's the point. Or is it to make realistic people look sort of toony? If that's the attraction I guess I could understand that since there are more kinds of fetishes then I can even imagine nowadays. And whatever floats your boat I'm not one to judge. I was just curious to what the atrraction is to morphed images.

It's a fantasy.

Why do you watch movies not based on true stories, or why do you read novels? Don't you know their stories are made up? So how come you enjoy them?
marconico
Nov 26, 2012 - permalink
i do morths, the reason i started is because there were some fitness girls who had great upper bodys (and great legs too) but not quite muscalur enough for me as legs drive me crazy so  i thought i would see if it was possible to make their legs bigger as i wasnt too experienced with photoshop, i try to do them so they look legit, if you'd like to see any examples let me know, im not sure if im allowed to post any, i also have done britney spears, brooke logan, cant remember who else, but thats why i do morphs, because girls with no muscle are  bboring to look at.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »