Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Advice on going to BB shows

scott_124787
Apr 23, 2012 - permalink
So i went to my first big bodybuilding show, just last night, I had fun, but left with some mixed feelings. As you can imagain, they were a bit of Muscles Babes there, but not as much as i hoped, I live in Seattle Washington, and no real big fitness events incept far this one, are out here. Anyways, in my life, ive had little physical interaction, with female muscle, and bodybuidling shows give me a chance, to up close to them. I just need advice on how to aproach them, cuase some were nice others wernt. Some were willing to flex, but others were hesitent. I might have creeped a few out, but its something ive got to deal with having this fetish, and its something they need to deal with, giving them being female bodybuilders. So how to aproach what to sa.y ect
absfan
Apr 23, 2012 - permalink
thats interesting..

i was on 2 shows and the first wasn't that great...the 2nd was better, but had also problems talking to them
scott_124787
Apr 26, 2012 - permalink
Its really haard to depict, some were nice others, others not so much, some brushed me off, some were willing to flex, others were hestint, despite, some of th iem were willful i felt there was more negatvity than postivty, buts its just something, i think women with muscle have to deal with. Any advice on how to appraoch muscle women next time i go to a bodybuidling show.
Apr 26, 2012 - permalink
I think it's just something you have to deal with in the same way you'd deal with anyone you meet in day-to-day life. The world is full of a mixture of friendly and not so friendly people and the bodybuilding world is no different. Athletes, especially athletes in individual pursuits like bodybuilding, tend to be rather self-centred. I don't necessarily mean that in a negative way - no one succeeds in such a sport without being that way. I agree with you that they have to remember that there are a other people in the world who are the same as them and many more who are different. And you have to accept that they will often - not always -tend to have that very intraspective view of life.

From the contests I have attended over the years, I have realised that you either admire from afar or have a strong reason to strike up a proper conversation and don't be too star-struck - they're human like you.
lotsandlotsapoo
Apr 27, 2012 - permalink
its something they need to deal with, giving them being female bodybuilders

might have had something to do with this attitude...
scott_124787
Apr 27, 2012 - permalink
Well my overall question was how to appraoch muscle women without creeping them out, and what r some good ways to get them to flex. And yes i understand muslce women or muscle babes or what ever we like to call them, are people 2 without problems and emtions like us. But what i was trying to say is, sometimes they got to relaize that some guys like musclure women, and we are going to appraoch them. I think it fine as long, as you dont get too physical (dose asking to arm wrestle take things too far) or other words, asking muscle women to flex, and feel thier biceps should be ok, and some shoudnt get weired out by it cuase its something like have to deal with being in that profesion. I was talking to a figure girl at show back in 2011, i asked her if a i could take a picture of her flexing and she was very hisientet, i added her to my face book the next day, and when i put the picture of her up she blocked me, a little harsh i thought, but ive seen her on her bicpes before so should have she been used to that kind of attention. I know it seems like i am writting an essay, when im just trying to ask one question. So how do i appraoch muscle women without creeping them out, and what are good ways to ask them how to flex. What are the dos and don'ts ect. This question is all about muscle women and how to appraoch and talk to them, and not creep them out.
scott_124787
Apr 27, 2012 - permalink
might have had something to do with this attitude...
what about this attitude i feel i stand corrected.
kryten
May 03, 2012 - permalink
...how to appraoch and talk to them, and not creep them out.
Bear in mind it is a bodybuilding/fitness show you're going to, not speed-dating. So far as I know the contestants are not obligated to talk to fans - be polite, don't expect too much in return.
dongonzor
May 11, 2012 - permalink
Hey Scott, you creep ME out, and I'm not even a fbb... :-)
Kryten said it right, they are not there to please you, if they are friendly, be happy - if not, move on. Also being touched by a complete stranger - somehow I don't think many girls will react nicely to that.
joe camel
May 13, 2012 - permalink
Yeah really have to play dumb or act like her body doesn't excite you... i mean it be different if one was at a bar and trying to pick up say a muscled young lady, but some discretion has to be used if you were to go to say the gym or a FBB show. at least i think so.
scott_124787
Aug 09, 2012 - permalink
Yeah really have to play dumb or act like her body doesn't excite you... i mean it be different if one was at a bar and trying to pick up say a muscled young lady, but some discretion has to be used if you were to go to say the gym or a FBB show. at least i think so.

think youre advice is the best ive gotten, Im going to 2  bb shows one 9/29/2012 another 10/6/2012, and i really wana have a postive exepreince this time. The women at the last one were 20% postive but 50% negative, i also go to comic book convetions once a year, Sometimes the atmosphere is so overwelming i come ff wierd withouut intetion. However the BBS shows r different, cause i wana see them flex and what not. But yes ill just try to hold  in my exciment maybe look direclty at thier eyes o months, and just be like "how are you great of you to come out here today." Girls touch my bicpes i dont see the big deal. I just hope the next too showsi  go 2 will be better, depite they r much smaller. 
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »