Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

you are not missing that much

xander1980
Jun 22, 2011 - permalink
Hello people.

I know a lot of you know I was dating a muscular girl, I did for many years and then we broke up before 2011, we then started dating again in the start of may, I was happy because I had missed her, I of course also missed her muscles. BUT it is not all, believe me guys, it is great to have a muscular girl, but it is not that far from fantasy. And I was the one dumping her at the end, because of problems in our relationship.

I just wanted to say that, that our fantasy is a good thing, we have an imagination of what it would be like to be with a great muscular girl, it is great, believe me, but there are also a lot of problems following it. They are special people who can not just sit back and relax. I wont exclude muscular girls  in the future, but I have learned for sure, that looks isn't everything. And our imagination is a great thing, and often doesn't match the reality, so maybe it's better to keep it as a imaginarium.
ursus
Jun 23, 2011 - permalink
Thank you, Dr. Phil. 
anon-e-mouse
Jun 23, 2011 - permalink
Wait a minute! You mean to say that it's NOT a fantasy? :o Geez, and here I was thinking all along that all this eye candy was only just for fantasy purposes :P Thanks for bursting my bubble :'(
Chainer
Jun 24, 2011 - permalink
Good to hear from you again Xan, and I'm sorry your relationship didn't work out.

Hope to see you more around these parts!
katie01
Jun 24, 2011 - permalink
I guess to have a relationship like that, it would help greatly if you both shared the same lifestyle. A bit like Dana Linn Bailey and her husband; both gym rats. But to say that dating muscular women is hard work and probably not worth the effort based on one failed relationship, is like saying "Damn, that pair of shoes were really uncomfortable. I don't think I'm going to buy any more. I'll just dream of having a comfortable pair."

What I'm trying to say is don't give up.  :)

Everyone is different.
xander1980
Jun 24, 2011 - permalink
Wow mixed response, I was hesitating about sharing this stuff with you guys...I still don't know if it was right, Im glad some of you responded in a constructive way of manner, but also some of you, geez, go drown yourself in your own miserableness! The thing is that I am still in contact with my ex. I love her alot, but we were just at two different places in life.
anon-e-mouse
Jun 25, 2011 - permalink
Just a bit of tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, no offense intended :-\
tw
Jul 26, 2011 - permalink
I didn't even see your original post until just now, but I completely hear you!  Heck, I was married to a gal with muscles (although she was far from a "gym rat").  She was more the naturally muscular type with the right genetics for it.  She used to do martial arts and weightlifting regularly when she was still in school, but when we were together, the gym was more an occasional weekend thing for her.  I think more than anything, she just wanted to make sure she still had the strength she thought she did.

At least in our situation, the biggest relationship issues that developed were pretty unrelated to anything strength/muscle related.  (We had a lot of financial struggles, for one thing, and for another - I think she got influenced by some other people that the "grass would be greener on the other side of the fence" if she left me and moved away.)  Still, there was certainly a constant divide between the "muscle fantasy" and "muscle reality".  I don't always mean the obvious things that might come to mind, either.  (EG.  Guys with real extreme fantasies that the woman obviously can't live up to in real life.)  I'm talking things like for me at the time, the entire thing of being a guy attracted to her muscles and strength was a real private thing.  I was VERY interested in her strength, but at the same time, not so comfortable about her showing it off in front of me, in public or around friends of ours who didn't necessarily know or "get" the whole thing.  Meanwhile, she seemed far more interested in the showing off part than anything else.  (To her, I think it was like "You already KNOW how strong I am ... I've already picked you up and carried you around easily, many times.  Why even do it again if I can't do it to impress or freak someone out who had no clue I was that strong?)  And to make matters worse, if she got a negative reaction from people, it just made her more convinced the whole thing was pointless and kind of weird -- discouraging her further.

Our marriage ended on a pretty bad note, but that was many years ago.  Today, we're basically on "speaking terms" but it's still a little awkward.  Sometimes I get the idea she's doing things specifically to do the opposite of whatever I liked about her -- thinking that will make her happier in some way.  I know she's going to the gym a lot now, but only to lose weight and "tone", and said she "doesn't really care how strong she is" anymore as long as she looks good.  IMHO, sad, really -- since she's just becoming another statistic in that sense.

Wow mixed response, I was hesitating about sharing this stuff with you guys...I still don't know if it was right, Im glad some of you responded in a constructive way of manner, but also some of you, geez, go drown yourself in your own miserableness! The thing is that I am still in contact with my ex. I love her alot, but we were just at two different places in life.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »