Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

The Learning Channel seeking couple for show!

sirens1
Feb 09, 2011 - permalink
Hi there,

My name is Lindsey and I am outreaching for an educational series on The Learning Channel called Strange Sex that features unique relationship dynamics. The series, now in its second season, aims to educate the viewer by shedding light on a little understood, real-life experiences, relationships, and lifestyles.  We know that topics we explore might be shared among members of our audience who'd appreciate the subjects being brought to light, and the erasing of any associated misconceptions or myths.

We are currently hoping to produce an episode about men who love to date muscular women and we are searching for a great couple who would be open to sharing their story as part of our show.  Specifically, we would love to find out more about the attraction and their relationship dynamics.

Each story is told entirely through the words of the participant and sometimes friends/family depending on the story. It is documentary programming at its heart, and the production company remains neutral on each story we cover.  There is no narration, but the show is driven by the very personal accounts given by participants.  For each topic we cover, we aim to educate our viewers by shedding light on a unique situation.  The title is a play on the idea that these topics/stories my seem "strange" to some people at first, but through relatable story telling, the concept of "strange" is lifted and understanding and sensitivity is developed. 

We are hoping to connect with an amazing couple who would be willing to share their story as part of the show.  The filming in no way takes over their life - and usually lasts about 2-3 days.  We also offer a modest compensation of $1000 as a thank you for their time.  Everything that we will film with the participants is discussed at length with them to determine what is appropriate and comfortable.

If you would be interested in participating, please feel free to email for more information!  My email is lsavino@sirensmedia.com.

Thanks so much.  Hope to hear from you!!

Lindsey Savino
Casting Producer
anon-e-mouse
Feb 09, 2011 - permalink
Sounds good, except for the name o.0
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »