Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Interesting situations

sajgracer1
Feb 06, 2010 - permalink
Most of these things would suck, but if it means the chance to rub up a girls thick, hard muscles, it might be worth it.
mranonymous
Feb 07, 2010 - permalink
I simply wouldn't like to be dominated. xD really..
musclemaster
Feb 09, 2010 - permalink
Confused as to how tickle torture made the list (doubly so at the fact that it made it on there TWICE).  Pretty sure I've never seen this mentioned in the same breath as domination or female muscle before.  I like the idea of receiving a severe beating, but competitive or semi-competitive wrestling would probably be the only thing I'd actually want to physically try.  Something about the scissoring technique, be it of the head or torso variety, never had much appeal to me - seems cheesy I guess, though I understand the idea of being crushed could be exciting...
tw
Feb 12, 2010 - permalink
Yeah.... I've never really been so much into the idea that I'd be tortured/abused/injured or what-not, and even "tickle-torture" isn't really something I'd look forward to receiving from a woman.

I'd be way more into a woman showing off her strength to me in other ways.  (Like one woman I know used to be able to pick up the back end of her car.  That was cool to see.  Or another woman my buddy used to hang out with was able to leg-press a full stack of weights on the Universal machine at their apartment's clubhouse.)
poolsharkii
Feb 14, 2010 - permalink
"None of the above" should be one of the choices in most of these polls. Without it, one is faced with not voting at all or choosing one of the choices that might be close but no cigar-kinda like some political choices we are forced to make when you do your duty and show up to vote.
musclemaster
Feb 15, 2010 - permalink
I agree with poolshark - most polls on this site has a deranged quality to them and are not fair.  This one is not nearly as crazy as most (aside from the dual inclusion of tickle torture hehe), but does not allow voters to submit a realistic or dissenting opinion either.  What this poll does illustrate, however, is the common thread that is present throughout the site:  namely, that appreciation of muscular women and a desire to be dominated are *extremely* closely linked.  Even those of us, like one of the commenters above, who don't want to be: dominated in terms of physical overpowering, wrestling, scissoring, getting a severe beat down, or in the rare instance, of being tickled until we can't take it anymore - we still want to be made to feel WEAK in some sense.  Knowing she can lift more weight, or perform an amazing feat of strength.  Whatever the case may be, I personally am of the opinion that it is better (healthier) to own up to that psychological fact of what's going on.  You can even continue to like it - kinda hard to stop once you do - but delve into the reasons WHY.  And remember, that ultimately, no matter how great the woman you admire is or even the woman you date etc - you still have to live YOUR LIFE...let me repeat that: YOUR LIFE to the fullest.  You cannot live vicariously through anyone else, no matter how incredible they may seem to be.  Simple example of this:  you admire a woman with muscles, her hard work, her dedication, her strength, her spirit, her beauty.  OK, great, that's fine to appreciate others - but what's next?  Go to the gym and exhibit all these virtues that you admire in her.  And it's fine if you want to be dominated in the privacy of your bedroom or get tickled until you pee (actually, I'm still not sure about that:-P) - but  let it be a mere hobby and not your end all. What I mean is, you still need to make yourself a MAN who is capable of leading a full, rich, powerful life of substance.  Perpetual emasculation is no way to live.
anon-e-mouse
Feb 15, 2010 - permalink
Yeah, MM has touched on it. Putting women on a pedestal may ultimately cause a crash that hurts everyone involved. And I have just never understood why men feel they need to have their asses kicked by a stronger woman. ??? 
musclemaster
Feb 17, 2010 - permalink
anon - thanks for your concise re-cap - also you raise an interesting question and one which the mindful among us often wonder about around here.  Namely, why the desire for a beating and the like?  So I poked around and did some research, and I found this from a very reputable source (Psychology Today - a leading psych magazine):

"Also, some bottoms want to be beaten because they have low self-esteem and think they deserve it."

Notice that the quote says "some" - what they're getting at is that submissiveness exists on a continuum.  Towards the more moderate forms it is considered an acceptable form of "play," but towards the extreme end of the spectrum it is considered pathological (i.e. a problem).  Aside from abject abuse and actually receiving beatings, it's unclear whether mere fantasies would ever be considered pathological - but the implication seems to be they are not.  On the other hand, I would argue that low self-esteem is probably a major root cause even among less extreme cases.  Of course, there is an additional psychological complexity present here where an aesthetic desire for the female to be hard and muscular is present too. What's puzzling is that I'm sure that many among us are quite well-adjusted and reasonably self-confident people with healthy self-esteems, in which case, why is submissiveness and catering to low-self-esteem tendencies deemed a drug-like treat?  I'm not sure by any means, but I will posit one potential explanation:  reversion.  We may be reverting to a prior psychological state perhaps from childhood or adolescence at which time we were weaker than we are today.

Anyway, that's my musing for the day :-P
tw
Feb 17, 2010 - permalink
Yeah... I think people try to read too much into things, at times.  Sure, there are the people with low self-esteems out there, or those who feel a need to "escape" back to some earlier point in their life.  But all of that doesn't serve to adequately explain things for the rest of us....

I know in my own case, I'm not that interested in going to the gym and getting really strong/muscular myself.  I have an admiration for anyone who is disciplined enough to do it, and have no problems with the fact that they're setting goals for themselves and working to achieve them.  I just feel that I'm an "above average intelligence" guy who earns his living doing more mental than physical things in life, and I try to live a healthy enough lifestyle in general so I'm not grossly "unfit".  I'm content to be "average" in physical strength and personally am not that interested in investing my time and efforts in that particular direction.

On the flip side, I find muscular women very attractive ...   To me, it's partially the idea that I like individuals who truly express themselves as individuals.  Muscles on women still aren't "the norm" or even necessarily "socially acceptable", so that makes it all the more appealing when I see it.  I know it's a woman who is "marching to the beat of her own drummer".  I guess it's also partially that I'm turned on and amazed by a woman who is capable of doing physical things I know I can't do myself.  (To that extent, if I was working out in the gym regularly, I'd probably be more of an equal match to them and that would kind of take some of the fun out of it for me.)

anon - thanks for your concise re-cap - also you raise an interesting question and one which the mindful among us often wonder about around here.  Namely, why the desire for a beating and the like?  So I poked around and did some research, and I found this from a very reputable source (Psychology Today - a leading psych magazine):

"Also, some bottoms want to be beaten because they have low self-esteem and think they deserve it."

Notice that the quote says "some" - what they're getting at is that submissiveness exists on a continuum.  Towards the more moderate forms it is considered an acceptable form of "play," but towards the extreme end of the spectrum it is considered pathological (i.e. a problem).  Aside from abject abuse and actually receiving beatings, it's unclear whether mere fantasies would ever be considered pathological - but the implication seems to be they are not.  On the other hand, I would argue that low self-esteem is probably a major root cause even among less extreme cases.  Of course, there is an additional psychological complexity present here where an aesthetic desire for the female to be hard and muscular is present too. What's puzzling is that I'm sure that many among us are quite well-adjusted and reasonably self-confident people with healthy self-esteems, in which case, why is submissiveness and catering to low-self-esteem tendencies deemed a drug-like treat?  I'm not sure by any means, but I will posit one potential explanation:  reversion.  We may be reverting to a prior psychological state perhaps from childhood or adolescence at which time we were weaker than we are today.

Anyway, that's my musing for the day :-P
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »