Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Hi everyone have you heard about "myostatin blockers"?

muslegirllover
Jul 29, 2009 - permalink
These are not yet tested well on humans but they have the potential to allow for enormous muscle growth and hence women would be able to gain huge muscular size without losing their femininity a bit and no need to use steroids at all. What do you say? Wldnt tht be awesome?
anon-e-mouse
Jul 30, 2009 - permalink
Yeah, I suppose it would.
blotter
Jul 31, 2009 - permalink
are you gonna slip it in their drink when they aren't looking? lol

the OTHER way for girls to gain muscle mass and not lose femininity is to... uhh... lift weights?

there's no shortcuts for this.  ::)
lehcim
Jul 31, 2009 - permalink
I'm no Doctor but I do play one on TV  :D OK sorry. Anyway my point is anytime you put something into your body to block something that the body is trying to naturally produce there are always side effects.
muslegirllover
Aug 01, 2009 - permalink
muslegirllover
Aug 01, 2009 - permalink
Hi blotter,

are you gonna slip it in their drink when they aren't looking? lol

the OTHER way for girls to gain muscle mass and not lose femininity is to... uhh... lift weights?

there's no shortcuts for this.  ::)

JK- Most women cant gain much muscle over a certain limit even if they try to lift heaviest they can. thts oz theres a natural limit to the body. Myostatin blockers wld allow for more muscle growth and since it doesnt produce any male hormones they wont lose their femininity either.
barshawi
Dec 01, 2009 - permalink
Welcome to more female bodybuilder

Thanx for topic,
barshawi
Dec 01, 2009 - permalink

So from what I read that this drug increases the body ability to produce proteins in the muscles.
anon-e-mouse
Dec 01, 2009 - permalink
Near as what I've heard (read) myo (muscle) statin (stop)  blockers, are supposed to inhibit or slow down or possibly even stop the body's natural self limiting ability to grow muscle fiber. The body only grows so much muscle and then it naturally shuts down the process. With a blocker, the theory is that it turns off this built-in mechanism and allows the body to keep on building new muscle tissue. I tried some once when it first came out, made out of some kind of seaweed extract, but never noticed any gains. I figured that for it to be effective, you would have to know your body's chemistry to the point of knowing just how much to take and for how long. Otherwise it would be too much of a hit-or-miss scenario. I do believe that it could very well work, but would only be viable for those people that really need it, such as muscular dystrophy or atrophy patients. I'm sure that there could be adverse side-effects as well (such as an enlarged heart) that would deem it impractical for common use. As far as women taking it to grow muscle to the size that many people on this forum fantasize about (as was stated in the first post on this thread), I doubt that it would be practical. As far as an alternative to steroids, I'm sure that some would try it, but again IMHO, I don't see in the short term that it would be of much benefit. But who knows, one can only fantasize about what might could happen...  ;D
musclemaster
Dec 14, 2009 - permalink
you might like this:

http://classyartwork.com/images/superhero/green_girl_superhero.jpg

did you know angelina jolie can lift 800 lbs with each arm??!?!

WATCH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzgdvtA-AI

btw - i heard they are taking requests to defeat evil oppressors, so you should tell them who you want maimed/killed
percy
Dec 14, 2009 - permalink
so how many do of us want to see what a morphed girl would look like in person? thats what a myo blocker would do.i wouldnt doubt it will occur somewhere in the world,brazil,russia,who knows, but it will happen.
bbilf_lover
Aug 01, 2010 - permalink
From my understanding, myo-blockers are rather dubious, being that at any time one wants to use them, the myostatin in the system has already achieved its purpose.  It wouldn't really matter much if its blocked in an adult.  Plus, myostatin inhibits the muscle growth potential of ALL muscles in the body, not just skeletal ones-- that means organs and the heart, which would be just as bad as overuse of steroids, if not worse, provided any such product could significantly impact the body's ability to grow any muscle structure.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »