Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Do these Women have trouble finding Mates?

Jul 18, 2009 - permalink
I mean especially the more muscular ones?  I remember a talk show a while ago where they had a bunch of female bodybuilders and fitness competitors sitting on a panel in bikinis all talking about how they cannot find men to date because of their muscular bodies. When they were asked by the host and audience whether they only wanted to date fitness and or bodybuilding types, they all said no, that was not very high on the list of priorities they were looking for in a boyfriend or husband, just so long as they were not morbidly out of shape.  The way they made it sound, guys would turn them down for dates left and right because the girls muscles were bigger than the prospective date's were.  So my question is: do you all think that women that you see represented on this site running the range in muscularity from lightweight fitness to heavyweight hardcore bodybuilding finding relationships of any substance?  Do these girls even realize that there is a segment of guys that LOVE the way they look and would date them in a heartbeat?  Do you also think that they are fully aware that their muscularity arouses us sexually?
anon-e-mouse
Jul 18, 2009 - permalink
MOST of the male population find these women unattractive because they pose a threat to their own masculinity. A small percentage find them attractive and a VERY small percentage find them desirable. Remember too, these woman are also in a minority. :'( So I'd say that they might (have trouble finding a mate).
Jul 18, 2009 - permalink
Thanks!  That is kind of what I thought too.  I hope that others will contribute as to their experiences with muscular women.  I myself have never had a problem getting to talk to fit and or muscular women in bars, clubs, ect.  Every time I have asked one to flex I have never been turned down.  But what I do find is that with these girls, their fitness/bodybuilding is literally their ENTIRE LIFE!  When they are not in the gym, they are trying to find some way of making money from their muscles. photo shoots, video, worship sessions, fantasy, and the like.  Some that I have met are strippers and make good money that way.  But none that I have talked to/ interviewed have a steady boyfriend/ husband.  Granted, the ones I have encountered are relatively unknown in the fitness/bodybuilding world; they work out primarily because they love the way it looks and feels.  I am from the Detroit Area, no shortage of muscle girls here but most as I say are involved in some sort of "entertainment venture" using their muscularity to garner income from men.  But as to real relationships, even they admit that they are few and far between.  I have been offered physical intimacy for a price from some I have met but I have never taken them up on it, not because I did not have the money, but because I knew it would not really go anywhere and that is what I was seeking.  These are just MY experiences.   
ursus
Jul 22, 2009 - permalink
MOST of the male population find these women unattractive because they pose a threat to their own masculinity.

While that is true, there are also those who simply don't like the look of huge muscles in a woman.  Different strokes for different folks.
cheshiremix
Sep 24, 2009 - permalink
The way they made it sound, guys would turn them down for dates left and right because the girls muscles were bigger than the prospective date's were.

Man.  Where are these chicks hiding out at?  I would have NO problem with that.  I can't even find one chick like that anywhere near me...
musclemaster
Oct 10, 2009 - permalink
Although I have had relationships with muscular women, the more muscular ones I've talked to have almost always been single.  I'm talking about the ones that are full-fledged bodybuilders.  Some are single moms, and others are single without children, but the problem is that they're stuck between a rock and a hard place (and no I'm referring to their hard muscles, though I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere).  The problem is that, as a previous poster correctly observes, the majority of men either do not like extremely muscular women, OR even if they do they feel there is a stigma attached to actually admitting that fact and/or dating a large muscular women and being seen with her in public for example.  So, indeed, those men for whom the muscularity is a preference, and who have the balls to be true to themselves are rare indeed (though I would argue, not quite as rare as an FBB herself).  Also, bodybuilding is an extremely engrossing, time-consuming endeavor, and is often described as necessitating a "selfish" attitude of sorts.  This makes sense - you have to stick to your regimen religiously if you want your muscles to increase to those proportions and your body fat to reduced to those levels.  So, for the women the odds are stacked against them, and sometimes they give up on the search.  ALSO, many FBB's do not have the most lovely facial features, so they have a hard time finding a suitable partner (and that's even when they're willing to date far lesser male specimens.)  Not one FBB I've met has told me she insists on dating a male bodybuilder - although neither would they have any qualms with that.  Perhaps the biggest issue, though ultimately is because of us guys.  We tend to objectify the women and ONLY think of them as a "pile of muscles."  Amazingly, there may be enough muscle-bound babes to go around, but most guys need to learn the proper blend of confidence, security, manliness, and RESPECT necessary to date an amazing woman.  Also, I've found that FBB's are generally average to above-average in intellect.  They are not going to be vacuous and utterly shallow or stupid.  This is why I keep harping on the need for treating them reasonably and with respect.
daehdimaryp
Nov 06, 2010 - permalink
Unfortunately i live in Omaha Nebraska so the diversity of people seems to be more limited than some other places. I find muscle attractive, tho i believe there can be too much, i believe that for both male and female however (as you should be able to touch your hands in front and behind your body)  :P  Part of the reason i find muscle attractive is that it is how should i say this......... it is respectable, in both the amount of work and time they put into it and the fact that they have to deal with all the annoying social stigmas. You would not believe how many women i have talked to at my work or wherever that said they do cardio but do not want to lift weights because they are afraid of getting muscle....... it truly is disappointing what are societal roles do sometimes.
uzi
Feb 25, 2011 - permalink
Not at all, I've dated two female bodybuilders. Neither did roids and had such high voices no one would even say they did... You cannot fake that or were these gals hairy etc..  So damn sexy let me tell you...
iguide
Jan 01, 2013 - permalink
MOST of the male population find these women unattractive because they pose a threat to their own masculinity. A small percentage find them attractive and a VERY small percentage find them desirable. Remember too, these woman are also in a minority. :'( So I'd say that they might (have trouble finding a mate).

I find it hard to meet muscular women in northern NH and I guess I fall into the category that I find them desirable. Any advise on how to meet muscular women?
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »