[FIXED] Server errors

nytrytr777
Dec 20, 2009 - permalink
Hi Chainer,
I've been seeing the server error message below intermittantly over
the last couple of days. I've seen it when trying to view a picture,
going back to the index pages,etc. I also had it a few times while
trying to access the main site this morning. Happened once just
now here in the forum as well. I hope it's not a prelude to a meltdown.
Take care.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forum.girlswithmuscle.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forum.girlswithmuscle.com Port 80
Chainer
Dec 21, 2009 - permalink
There isn't much I can do about this. This happens if the server gets overloaded, but since the host has more than one site running on the same server, I have no way of telling if my site is causing this or if another site is the problem.
tlinden16
Dec 21, 2009 - permalink
I too had been experiencing this problem intermittently, slowly becoming more frequent and then this morning the site just completely shut down for me, haven't been able to access it all day (only on now through a proxy, which allows me to see the pics but not chat!)  Any ideas on what might be causing this and/or what I can do to fix it would be appreciated.  It seems a problem unique to me.

Chainer
Dec 21, 2009 - permalink
Are you getting the same error Nyt was getting? because i'm not, and nyt and I are both currently in the chat.

Also, nice job registering on the forums.
tlinden16
Dec 21, 2009 - permalink
It started by giving me 500 Internal error or soemthing similar but the site was still working but then it became more and more frequent
and eventually the site stopped working entirely now when I try to access it it does nothing for a while than say the server stopped responding

Chainer
Dec 21, 2009 - permalink
This is very weird. It would be one thing if the site were inoperational, but there's a few of us over on the chat right now...

What browser/operating system are you using? Try clearing your cookies and cache and see if that helps.

Otherwise, I suggest waiting till tomorrow and checking back to see if anything changed.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »