Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

CONGRATULATIONS to Tempp and a BIG thank you

roadrunner
May 24, 2020 - permalink
Went over 200,000 uploads today to the site.
Chainer
May 25, 2020 - permalink
[thumbs up]

I thought there was a thumbs up emoji but apparently there isn't so you'll have to use your imagination.
tlinden16
May 25, 2020 - permalink
Crazy.

cgsweat
Jun 01, 2020 - permalink
Does tempp have special privileges?  I always refer to his uploads as "tempp dumps" because everyday it floods the site with about 100 uploads.  Much, much more than a typical user is allowed.
Chainer
Jun 08, 2020 - permalink
Yes. This was given a long time ago to tempp and a small handful of other users (who are no longer active). This was back when I was the only one approving pics from the queue (around 2009 or 2010, there was no direct uploading) and I observed that with tempp's pics (and the other users) I was almost always just rubberstamping yes, because they were exactly the kind of pics I was looking to have on the site. So as a shortcut to save myself time I made it so these users could upload directly to the site, bypassing the queue, with no limit.

I haven't given other users this ability since then (except mods, who implicitly have it of course, as they can approve their own pics). Meanwhile tempp has kept up the same upload quality (kudos to him, he must spend crazy amounts of time finding pics at his upload rate) so I have not had any reason to change it.
roadrunner
Jun 08, 2020 - permalink
Regarding the "tempp dumps," I've learned to avoid them when I'm uploading one of my few hundred pictures. And he/she almost always gives a first name, which makes it easy to link up with other pictures of the same models.

There are several other prominent posters/uploaders; who I won't name here; who usually can't be bothered with providing names, even though the upload screen specifically asks. Sometimes the model can be recognized. But I do get tired of doing their work for them. So, unless the picture is super good, I no longer score those pictures.
heavylifter
Aug 31, 2020 - permalink
I never realized he was a real person and not a bot or something. This amount of work is  just astounding. Has anyone ever talked to him?
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »