Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Favorite a pic without having to open it?

joe camel
Jun 11, 2019 - permalink
Seems like it would be useful, and avoid pop ups and extra clicks.
Its annoying when you see how many favorites there are, and  can see the star but its just for show
evidently..   Some forward thinking 8)
Chainer
Jun 12, 2019 - permalink
This could be done, but I would not have thought that this is a common use case. Do people really favorite images without looking at them first?
joe camel
Jul 01, 2019 - permalink
You can see the thumbnail pretty well. Maybe add a star to save to favorites.
Jul 02, 2019 - permalink
I'm generally not in favor of adding stuff to the interface unnecessarily, but I kind of see what he means, the star icon is already there below each thumbnail, and out of the way enough that I don't think misclicks would be much of a problem.  Maybe a double-click on it to add a favorite, for extra safety?

Actually, on a side note it would be useful if that star icon were colored in for pics we already have favorited or +1'd.  I personally use +1's partly as a marker to know when I've downloaded a pic, it would be nice to be able to see that from the thumbnails.
Chainer
Jul 04, 2019 - permalink
I guess I could see making the star clickable, which would really only work if I also use it to show your favorited status for the pic. I guess +1's and favorites would look the same.

I am not a fan of double clicking in web UIs, it's very rarely done and not intuitive to users.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »