Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

WTF!! Why did we return to the old design?

Apr 01, 2019 - permalink
This makes no sense. In 2019, a website that does not have an adaptable design is obsolete. Fewer and fewer people use a PC. Look at this screenshot of my Smartphone:

Maybe the new design was not the best in the world, but at least it was not necessary to scroll from left to right on a smart phone like it is now.

Due to popular demand, we are reverting the site to the old design. Only the front page is done for now; rest to follow later.

What exactly does "popular demand" mean? Was a survey conducted for all users? If so, I did not know. Does it mean that most users use a PC to access the site? If so, GWM will start losing market share with this design. The tendency is that people are ditching the PC to consume content (that's what a photo site offers) and use smart phones instead. The PC will be used to create content (such as writing a novel, editing video, etc.). That is the trend: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/pc-market-shrinking-five-years-straight-good-news-for-dell-hp-2017-1

wihs2006
Apr 01, 2019 - permalink
Agreed entirely Kakuzade, I don't understand the reasoning behind this move. I liked the new layout much more than the old version of the website. The old version is clunky and looks really dated.
gromitcatcher
Apr 01, 2019 - permalink
What day is it?
Apr 01, 2019 - permalink
The screenshot is from today.
Chainer
Apr 02, 2019 - permalink
What day is it?
scottabc
Apr 02, 2019 - permalink
Good April Fools joke :)
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »