Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Advanced search and hidden comments.

cover
Oct 30, 2018 - permalink
About "advanced search", in my opinion it could be useful:

1° to have an option to search only pictures (the same as to search only videos);

2° that the option "exact name match" worked exactly as its name indicates, and just ignoring the case. For example, searching "Denise" with this option actually returns everything the database has in the appropriate field that includes "Denise", and not with only "Denise" in this field: Denise Fann, Nicola Denise, Denise Rutkowski, Denise Kominetsky, etc., but I could want only "Denise" and nothing more (i.e. for people without a known family name).

3° It's sometimes really annoying to search for a precise word and to get different results, because some words that have the same root are added to the search automatically by the engine, even with the option "exact name match" on. Example: search for "muscularity" with exact name search and you'll get in the results the page at
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
, with the word "muscular" in the comments, not "muscularity".

Last thing: some comments are hidden, probably because they are judged (I suppose) as offensive or rude. I don't care a lot about this judgments and hidding (precautionary measures), but it would be honest to remove them completely from your database than letting some traces revealing the censorship. Where are the traces? Simply in the number of comments as shown on the page of the results of a search.
Example: search for "ugly" and you'll get -among other things- the page at
with five comments found (that's the number displayed), but only four are visible on this page.
https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/1049511/ 2 comments found, 1 is visible
9 and 8
4 and 3
etc.
Chainer
Oct 31, 2018 - permalink
1° to have an option to search only pictures (the same as to search only videos);

Could happen; it's easy from a coding standpoint. I'm not sure there's demand for this, other than from you.

2° that the option "exact name match" worked exactly as its name indicates, and just ignoring the case.

This is reasonable. I made this change just now. I may change it back if I get complaints about this breaking some use case I was previously unaware of.

3° It's sometimes really annoying to search for a precise word and to get different results, because some words that have the same root are added to the search automatically by the engine,

The exact name match option applies to the name field only, not the comment search field.

Last thing: some comments are hidden, probably because they are judged (I suppose) as offensive or rude.

This is true. I'll work on fixing this.
Aug 22, 2019 - permalink

I would support having this option please.
Rather than demand, it might be a feature that if available, more of us will find useful.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »