Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

A third option to upload images?

Jul 28, 2018 - permalink
Some time ago there is a third option called "direct to site". And it is accompanied by this explanatory text:

"We're experimentally letting users upload directly to the site (skipping staff/voting approval) in small quantities.

The way this works is that you can upload 1 image this way per day. Then, if your uploads do well, you will get additional single-use bonus uploads that you can use; the better your uploads, the more you can upload. You can have up to 5 bonus uploads at any one time."

What is the objective to be achieved? If it exists for "skipping staff / voting approval" it is evident that the staff / voting is not working well. Why? Are there few people voting? Are the moderation rules not respected? The staff can not cope with so many images?
And what exactly does "do well" mean? Do you mean that the photo respects the rules? Or a high score?
Chainer
Jul 29, 2018 - permalink
If it exists for "skipping staff / voting approval" it is evident that the staff / voting is not working well. Why? Are there few people voting? Are the moderation rules not respected? The staff can not cope with so many images?

The vote queue's performance is mediocre in that images take too long to get through (often more than a week). The staff queue is mostly fine. I think that getting rid of the vote queue, which is the plan, will lead to a better upload experience where people don't have to wait a long time to see their uploads on the site.

Additionally the current system incentivizes people to dump all their images into the queues and see what sticks. Instead I'd like to incentivize uploaders to prune their uploads beforehand and upload only the best images. The direct upload system rewards uploaders who upload high scoring images by letting them upload more.

And what exactly does "do well" mean? Do you mean that the photo respects the rules? Or a high score?

It's based on the score for now. I'm planning on adding an override where I can manually grant people extra daily uploads whose uploads I especially like.
Jul 29, 2018 - permalink
It is an interesting idea. But I am concerned that only the score is taken into account without controlling the rules. For example this picture: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/975611/
It is very unfair that a photo that only shows a pair of fake tits has a score of +130. The new scoring system is more reliable in this aspect, but with the "direct uploads" these "nonsense scores" will surely be more frequent. It can also happen with photos  that break the rules. The photo above shows no muscle and it is doubtful that it should be in GWM, except for that vein in her arm. And what would happen to copyright?
If you increase the amount by score you should also lower the amount for not respecting the rules. It would be fair.
And speaking of rules I think that if you implement these "direct uploads" you should rethink the rules. I have seen that the only rule that is really controlled is copyright. Does it make sense to have so many rules if they are not enforced? Are the rules only controlled in the Staff? Does anyone take rules such as fake tan seriously?
Chainer
Jul 30, 2018 - permalink
Yeah, I do try to enforce the more extreme breakages of those rules. I just deleted the pic you linked to, for example, which by the way was not a direct-to-site uploaded pic. I also look through the recent direct-to-site uploads and delete the ones I don't think should be on the site. This is less time consuming for me than the staff queue because 1. people pre-select their best uploads so the average quality is much higher, and 2. I don't explicitly have to click on every picture to approve it.
Aug 22, 2018 - permalink
I have tried the "direct uploads" for a few days, and it 's very satisfactory for users. But I insist that administrators now have to be more careful with copyright, duplicates, and especially with girls without muscles that earn high scores. The new scoring system is much fairer, but it can be a bit capricious at times. I will not give examples, but some flaccid asses and fake tits have a better score than they deserve, in a site about muscles.
Chainer
Aug 22, 2018 - permalink
I go through the direct uploads about once a day and delete about 5% of them for that reason.

In the meantime you can help by reporting such images.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »