Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Do you think there should be separate GotW polls?

Mar 24, 2017 - permalink
I know this is a little controversial but I'm curious as to what everybody thinks
Chainer
Mar 25, 2017 - permalink
The idea of of separating figure girls from bodybuilders comes up occasionally in various forms, usually more drastically involving the splitting of all of GWM as a whole into two. This has never made sense to me, and this "lite" version falls short as well:

• It's clunky. Do we now have to have two separate GotW polls, forcing everyone to check both? What do we call them: FGotW, BBGotW? If we did this we'd soon have a holy war between BB fans and figure fans about which GotW thumbnail should go on top on the front page.
  • The distinction between figure and BB can be arbitrary; never mind the girls who don't fit into either category, like Crossfit athletes. An argument over where to classify a given person would come up roughly every day.
  • It opens the door to other splits into arbitrary categories (think Crossfit, or physique) which just exacerbates the above two points.

I can say with around 99% certainty that this won't happen.
Mar 25, 2017 - permalink
Yeah that's understandable. Maybe one day in the distant future when muscle girls are common and the community is bigger we can afford luxuries like that  ^-^
jey
Apr 10, 2017 - permalink
I agree with Chainer's notes. To be fair this will need too many categories and splitting by age, weight, height...
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »