Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Google Form.

Jan 11, 2017 - permalink
I recently received a notification with this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdNz30UnQ354-0aWXHCbjll-wTtbMKeSXu3CwNxbclOQkAvBw/viewform?c=0&w=1

I did not understand the question.
vadek
Jan 11, 2017 - permalink
Yes, I responded to this as well. But I have to say that I really didn't understand the question.
Chainer
Jan 12, 2017 - permalink
So imagine GWM without all the pictures. It's essentially a generic platform for sharing, discussing, and saving images. It doesn't inherently have to be about muscular women, it just happens to be that way because that's what I thought of 8 years ago when I made it.

Now imagine you could start your own version of a site with the same software that you would be the admin of. You could pick a topic for the uploads (could be "family-friendly" like cute animals or nice scenery, or more adult-oriented like a specific fetish (feet, tall girls, BBW, etc.).

Would you be interested in that, and if so, what would the topic be? (The addendum is that your site couldn't have anything to do with muscular women / female fitness.)
Jan 13, 2017 - permalink
It does not seem like a bad idea, as long as they are completely independent of GWM.

But being realistic, GWM as a site of images is very simple compared to others like Deviantart, Pixiv or Instagram. I do not think it will thrive.
Chainer
Jan 14, 2017 - permalink
Why do you think GWM has thrived?
Jan 14, 2017 - permalink
I think GWM thrived if you take into account that it is a site about muscular women. It does not have much competition. In addition to having a faithful and relatively organized community.

I do not think GWM stands out because of its characteristics as an image site.

Also, is it necessary to create your own photo site? Today you can easily create a group of users in Deviantart very easily.
And I suppose Instagram will have something similar.

Ps: Does GWM have any real competition? This forum saradas, but it is not a photo site.
Jan 16, 2017 - permalink
I think it's a good general platform for somewhat niche enthusiast amateur photography on a particular subject, although for more professional purposes I think most people would end up using one of the bigger photo sharing/portfolio sites.  I think the current site works well partially because women who work out a lot tend to have a lot of pictures taken of them and their fans are a relatively small but motivated group, so that's something to keep in mind.  As a platform I think the advantages of the site are that it's relatively uncluttered and lightweight, and has a full comments search, which is nice.  That same simplicity might turn off people who are looking for more features, though (DeviantArt-style groups, following particular tags/users/names, adjustable gallery page formats, etc.)  A high volume of uploads can become a problem, (and arguably already is for GWM) especially when pics are uploaded without being properly named/tagged.  Just my thoughts!  I assume you're thinking about licensing it out as a platform for other people who want to set up their own sites, or setting another one up yourself?
knocker
Jan 17, 2017 - permalink
Why do you think GWM has thrived?

First out of the gate has a lot to do with it Chainer.  At the time I found this site, probably within weeks of it's opening, there was nothing else like it around, other than that cluster f**k of absolute f**kery we all know that starts with an S. 

There were others that came and went like the Hookup Board, which was the all time best, but by the time of the birth of GWM, things had shaken out and left Saradas pretty much the last man standing.  All the private web pages dried up, all the geocities pages went poof, all the groups went dead or closed, it seemed like everything was all of the sudden gone.  A few bloggers jumped in but they were constantly getting tossed.  I remember that time, there was Saradas or nothing.  GWM filled a huge gap left by the mega corporations consolidating the net.

You had the right formula for the right time.  That only happens to net developers once in a lifetime, if it ever happens.   Don't expect that to happen again in saturated markets.  GWM probably wouldn't survive today if you had opened it last year.  There's already too much around to compete with it.  Just take at look at my tumblr pages thread in the links section if you need evidence of that.         
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »