Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Slide show

bmac75
Dec 09, 2016 - permalink
What happened to the slideshow feature in the favorites section?   I loved that!
Chainer
Dec 11, 2016 - permalink
I was doing some site maintenance that involved updating almost every page on the site. When I got to the slideshow page, I saw that it was broken for gifs. Since no one had told me about that in the past 6+ months it must have been broken, I assumed very few people were using it. Rather than updating it, I deleted it.

Out of curiosity, how did you deal with gifs being broken?

Anyone else reading this: If you want the page back reply here, if there is enough demand I will un-delete it and update it.
bmac75
Dec 11, 2016 - permalink
Thanks for replying.

I would hit 'next' and skip over the blank gif.  Wasn't too troublesome.

I really enjoyed the slideshow feature.  Hopefully it's not too much work to bring it back.
legger
Dec 14, 2016 - permalink
+1 for the slideshow feature.

IMO it's the only way to really enjoy the favorites one selected over a long period of time. Otherwise we would have to download all photos in order to view them locally in a slideshow fashion, which I think is not in the interest of you as site maintainer.
Also I would love to have a slideshow with a more "modern" feel to it: full screen, random images etc. I don't know if there are already good pluggable javascript slideshows out there with these features but it would be really awesome  ;)
p mills
Dec 15, 2016 - permalink
I also like the slide show. Never had problems
Chainer
Dec 19, 2016 - permalink
Due to popular demand, it's back, and fixed to work with gifs/mp4s.
bmac75
Dec 20, 2016 - permalink
Thank you!
bmac75
Apr 16, 2018 - permalink
Is the slideshow coming back in GWM version 2.0

Ty!
Chainer
Apr 16, 2018 - permalink
There are no plans to bring it back, sorry.
notme50
Jul 20, 2018 - permalink
i know you have said that its not likely for slideshow to come back but theres got to be a way lol

i can't really enjoy the site fully

what can be done to aid this effort
Chainer
Jul 23, 2018 - permalink
i know you have said that its not likely for slideshow to come back but theres got to be a way lol

i can't really enjoy the site fully

what can be done to aid this effort

I recommend downloading the pictures and then using software on your computer to view them as a slideshow.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »