Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

So what's with all the upside-down and sideways pix?

chevron
Aug 11, 2016 - permalink
Anyway to flip 'em to the correct alignment before they go up?
sthenolagnia
Aug 21, 2016 - permalink
If they have a link to the bigger resolution file, the pic will be standing up properly when that file loads.

I myself post such pics sometimes, because fixing them would result in horrible loss of pixels, hence, drastic decrease in quality.
Oct 17, 2016 - permalink
From what I can tell, it's what happens when the correct orientation is noted in the picture's EXIF data by the camera but the actual image is oriented differently.  Most modern browsers will take the EXIF rotation info into account for fullscreen pics.

It's pretty easy to fix; from my tests you can usually just rotate the image in the Windows Photo Viewer beforehand with very little loss in quality, but it might vary depending on the image.
Chainer
Oct 17, 2016 - permalink
chipperpip is correct, it has to do with the EXIF data in jpegs. (This is additional. optional data that some cameras will save along with the picture that can specify the rotation).

I've been meaning to fix this so they display correctly, but for now you can click through to the full-size version which should look right.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »