Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

GWM need a redesign?

Apr 26, 2016 - permalink
Like most users I access to GWM by PC, but a few days ago I tried with a smart phone, and I must say that the experience was anything satisfactory. I love GWM but I think its design, and even its aesthetic appearance are outdated. I think GWM needs to start considering a design change.

Then I will expose what I believe are the most necessary changes.

English is not my native language, so I apologize for mistakes.

Wasted space

May not be noticed too much on a PC, but it makes the site practically unusable mobile phones.

I am referring to the empty grey background that looks at the sides of the white rectangle with the content of the page. Or the space that is to the right of the comments or at the sides of the image.

GWM is not the only place with these “useless space", but in a web of images should make better use of space. For example, you could use that space to put larger thumbnails, or to expand width-wise the comments.

Individual “Sections” for models

Another limitation of GWM is the way to handle the models. Currently when you click on the name of a model, GWM put that name in the frame search and find all matches automatically.

I think it would be necessary that the models they had their individual sections on the page, such as sections of artists in Deviantart, or YouTube users. This only as an example, do not need something as complex.

This type of “sections” options allow additional features including:

• Sort photos of a model according to Most commented or highest rated, instead of the current system that only allows the most recent first.
  • You could put some extra information such as nationality or age, or a link to your website.
  • You could create a system of “aliases” to complement the “official” name of the model in GWM. This would be especially useful, because it would greatly facilitate the task of renaming, especially with Asian girls, whose names can be translated in several ways.
  • It could have a monitoring system notifications when loading a new picture of your favorite model.

Upload section

The problem of this section is the framework of name and tags. Personally, I do not understand how it is that separate the names of the tags, or how to separate the individual names on the photo when has more than one girl, or how a tag is separated from another. It is unintuitive.

The easiest would be to have two frames, one for labels and other for names, and separate them with commas.

I've also noticed that when I have to upload more than a photo of my hard drive does not allow me to use the Ctrl or Shift, and what I have to do one to one.

Gifs

This may not be something design, but it would be very helpful if we could upload videos directly in html5 with a URL like with the images. I personally find it exhausting to have to download html5 video into MP4, convert it to gif, and then upload it back into GWM.

The dated look of GWM

This is a minor point, but it would be good to improve. For example icons and the head are blurred when you zoom in on the page. They could be replaced with svg icons. I also believe that the text looks too small and has a very bland typography, at least in my browser.

It seems to me that these changes will be needed, since the trend is that people consume content (like pictures) more on their phones than PCs. I think the most priority would solve the problem of "useless space". I'm not a programmer, I don't know how difficult it is to make these changes or if there are resources to do so, but I think that should be taken into account, at least in the medium to long term.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »