Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Is there a better way to submit pictures on GwM?

paeese55
Jun 10, 2015 - permalink
First of all I'm a big fan of GwM as I've been a member for almost 6 years.

The issue at hand:

GwM is plagued with duplicate photos being posted and makes more work for the mods to clean up. I'm not placing the blame on any poster as I've posted several duplicate photos before.

My only idea at the moment is to be able to submit photos of girls on each of their individual search pages.

Are there any other suggestions on better ways to submit photos on GwM?
Chainer
Jun 11, 2015 - permalink
I agree that duplicates are annoying.

I am curious, can you explain in more detail how being able to upload images on the search pages would help with the duplicate problem?
paeese55
Jun 11, 2015 - permalink
I agree that duplicates are annoying.

I am curious, can you explain in more detail how being able to upload images on the search pages would help with the duplicate problem?

I was thinking for posters who know the names of the girls' pictures they post on that girls search page where the site does an image search proxy for those pictures that are being upload to catch duplicates. Or just have a site wide image search proxy for the way pictures are normally uploaded, but it catches duplicates by image not file name.

These are some ideas that you guys might be able to build on as this is still in the brainstorming phase or you can dismiss the ideas as pure rubbish.
Chainer
Jun 12, 2015 - permalink
We already do duplicate checking, which wouldn't be improved if the site knew whose picture it was when it was uploaded. (In fact, people do have an option to enter the name of the woman in the picture while uploading already.)

The problem is that the dupe checking only works in some cases and is fairly easy to circumvent.
paeese55
Dec 31, 2015 - permalink
Is there anyway to make another submission queue where pictures are submitted without names. Then those pictures just sit in that queue until they are named by GWM members or staff. Usually unnamed pictures are duplicates anyway.

just a thought.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »