Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

The distributed moderation system doesn't work.

lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 21, 2014 - permalink
And it's the users' fault. Regardless, I wonder how much good content we are missing out on because users are needlessly voting "no" on so much stuff that obviously belongs on the site.

I'm not saying I don't make mistakes with regard to what I upload, but take a look at this. I made a recent big search of some relatively new names and faces and found some stuff I think hasn't been widely shared before on the English web.

Granted, some of these images have text on them and that might have scared some people into thinking there is a copyright notice. In one or two instances I did indeed miss a copyright notice. And possibly, a small portion of these are glamor shots that don't show enough obvious muscle for some people. But holy hell, pretty much all of them are on track to be discarded! And that is a big shame. Many of these pics are of a girl who is even girl of the week right now! The rule is, to get on the site it needs 26 yes votes before it gets 15 no votes. And I have indeed noticed, for every upload I add that makes it to the site, there are far more that don't.

Is this trolling, or deliberate disregard for established criteria or what? So, I dunno. I hate to put more work on Chainer's plate, but for whatever reason the community is failing to moderate properly. Maybe the solution is more approved judges? Or just to submit for staff moderation rather than community? I'm guessing most of you who upload have noticed this.
Chainer
Nov 21, 2014 - permalink
There could definitely be failings of the user-voting system, but I just want to point out a few things:

- Technically, on-stage pics are against the rules. We (the staff) aren't too strict about this but this rule exists because on average competition pics tend to be worse. So this could explain some of the negative votes.

- The first few votes on pictures tend to be outliers. I feel they're just put in place by people who just click "no" or "yes" repeatedly in order to see more of the pics in the queue.'

Can you follow up on these pictures and let us know how they are doing one they are closer to getting approved or rejected?
lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 22, 2014 - permalink
Will do, thanks for reading.

I thought the rule was "no excessive fake tans" rather than "no contest pics"? Granted they often go together but since most of these girls have darker tones I thought it would matter less.
lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 22, 2014 - permalink
Not going so well I'm afraid. Of the first seventeen that have already been through the queue, only one has made it. The rest have gotten a few yes votes but likely not enough to outpace the no votes.
Nov 06, 2015 - permalink
These girls are not Girls With Muscles, are just normal women who are fit. If I moderating I give them a NO.
lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 14, 2015 - permalink
This is exactly what I am talking about. Failure of user moderation. Still going on, by the way.
Nov 15, 2015 - permalink

If I remember correctly this site is for girls with muscles. So if you see a skinny girl it makes sense to vote no, although there are some pictures of her on the site.
Chainer
Nov 15, 2015 - permalink
Can you post examples of pictures here that are already on the site that you think are good examples of the voting system failing? (More recent than the above screenshot, and please actually link to the image.)
lotsandlotsapoo
Nov 20, 2015 - permalink
Chainer: Okay next time I post a round I will keep track.

Kakuzade: first of all no reason to shout. Turn down your fonts, man.
Nov 22, 2015 - permalink
I had not realized that the bold could be interpreted as being aggressive. That was not my intention, simply use to highlight themost important ideas in the text.
bombomper
Dec 30, 2015 - permalink
kakuzade, I invite you to take a look at the 'Weighted Rating' ranking, and see how many full-on bodybuilders you'll find. And while I do agree that most of OPs uploads don't comply with rules (I would vote no on most of them), the voting seems ridiculously negative most of the time. If there is a way to rake out the 'moderators' who vote nothing but 'no', my suggestion would be to implement it.
paeese55
Dec 31, 2015 - permalink
This is the exact reason I don't upload my pictures to the voting queue, but I do fuck up from time to time and upload my pictures into the voting queue instead of the staff queue.  >:(
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »