Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Malware: 3 new pop-ups/redirects on Friday evening

Jun 13, 2014 - permalink
 >:( This evening, I got redirected to install a new "Adobe plug-in", install a new version of Internet Explorer, and shop (the last popup was blocked). Fortunately, a virus attack was blocked.  There's too much malware on this site. I'm giving it a break for a while
chinchin
Jun 14, 2014 - permalink
Odd ... I'm usually the first one to bitch about (possible) malware on the GWM main site, and I haven't seen anything suspicious of late.

Of course, I'll keep watching, and report if something shows.

Jun 16, 2014 - permalink
I've gotten many virus warnings for about 2 weeks now, even today
fortinhorj
Oct 20, 2014 - permalink
Malware detect my avast all days acess girls witch muscle. shame that these artifices use a website to make money illegally. Girl witch muscle should understand its value and respect each says decreases by these criminal attitudes
ducky
Oct 21, 2014 - permalink
How about this:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?client=Firefox&hl=en-US&site=http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/

Of course, this link regards the main site.

I copied the link, about two years ago, but I don't really trust it. It came near the end of a heated discussion about the safety of GWM's security efforts. There were at least 30 replies here on the FORUM, and Chainer ended up telling us that we were "beating a dead horse!" What? At that point, I gave up. Thanks to all involved at that time, especially including a respondent here.

I have not been on the main site for nearly two years but it seems to me (today) that we are now all on our own. Watch out for what you click-on! Only YOU are responsible for it, apparently according to GWM.

Today, I logged-in to the main site and received a message from "Flash Player" that my computer needed an update, even though Flash Player had been updated a few days ago.

Go figure.

mark03061956
Nov 21, 2014 - permalink
This site pops up garbage pages immediately upon touching it with the cursor - that is to say trying to enter one's login credentials triggers a popup page that expands to cover the entire desktop and renders Firefox 33 immobile - so much so that it has to be force-quit (Mac, OS 10.6.8) to escape. Makes the site totally unusable. Too bad - it used to be a decent site. It's toxic now.
Chainer
Nov 21, 2014 - permalink
This topic has come up a few times, and my response hasn't changed much.

1. Sorry to hear about your experience. I am aware that the ads may be annoying, but they are not supposed to freeze your browser or redirect you or otherwise destroy your site browsing experience; you are just supposed to get a popup or popunder. They work fine for me, and most others. That they do this to a select few users (you included, apparently) is unfortunate.

2. There are no ads for users who are logged in. So if you use the "remember me" box when logging in, you won't see the ads, even if they don't work as intended for you. If you can't even log in once with your browser, try a different browser.

3. That said, the income from the ads is needed for the upkeep of the site. The ads are not likely to go away unless I find a viable alternative. I am very open to suggestions in this regard, however; so if you really want the ads to be gone it would be more constructive to suggest better alternatives than to just complain about their existence. (I should mention that getting well-paying banner ads is extremely difficult for this site because of its niche, borderline-adult content. That, unfortunately, leaves the more annoying type of ads.)

Thanks.
massiveshelly
Dec 08, 2014 - permalink
This site pops up garbage pages immediately upon touching it with the cursor - that is to say trying to enter one's login credentials triggers a popup page that expands to cover the entire desktop and renders Firefox 33 immobile - so much so that it has to be force-quit (Mac, OS 10.6.8) to escape. Makes the site totally unusable. Too bad - it used to be a decent site. It's toxic now.

This has happened to me a few times when I log in..it's quite annoying..
likmussels
Feb 09, 2015 - permalink
I have anti-malware from malwarebytes and Hitman Pro

I stay logged in  permanently

I saw this thread and was scared away for a long time

but I love the muscle girls and don't want to stay away

I have never had any problem here

the two anti-malware programs do not fight each other - both catch bad stuff, as well as AVG - a regular antivirus program
twr
Mar 04, 2015 - permalink
When I come to the site, I never know if I'm going to get a simple pop up or a browser hi jack saying I need to call a toll free number as my computer is infected. The only way to get out of the screen is to start task manager and close all instances of the browser.
What a HUGE pain in the ass. Why does this happen? Are you guys being attacked?
Make it stop please.
Mar 06, 2015 - permalink
Happens every time I log on to the sight. Annoying to say the least
bicepgalfan
Mar 28, 2015 - permalink
Why is it EVERY time I log in, the "Warning" Virus or "Your IP has been recorded" pops up… and another page comes up as well, some times you have to get off internet to clear it!  This is piggybacking your site.
bicepgalfan
Mar 28, 2015 - permalink
YES, just posted it too, I have a MAC with firewall on, popup elimination on too.  It will sometimes freeze the browser, so you have to get off internet to get rid if it happens EVERY time you try to log in.
nicholson68
Apr 16, 2015 - permalink
Yup, me too. For the past several weeks, malware infections have been flying-in as soon as i place my cursor in the sign-in box. Thankfully, i've got some protections but it may require me to go elsewhere for my muscle girls. Too bad. This site is the best there is!
twr
Jul 20, 2015 - permalink
When I type in the GWM address it takes me to your site. Then its a race to try to delete whatever nasty friggin mal, ad or virus that loads as soon as I try to type in my login. This shit is getting old. What is that crap and why cant you guys get rid of it. This has been happening the better part of a year. You went for about 2 months with harmless ad redirects (real pain in the ass though) back to full blow malware and browser hijack. Hire somebody!
dru1076
Nov 03, 2015 - permalink
I have noticed while logged in I don't see them...but I am reluctant to use this site often now because of constant malware and redirects. And its nasty malware too. Stamplive was painful, but this bigmobile.com one followed up a redirect to their website with an SMS claiming I had subscribed to some service and was now being charged $6.50 a month. I sorted it with a call to my mobile service provider. IF YOU GET THIS ONE DO NOT REPLY TO THE SMS...CONTACT YOUR PHONE COMPANY.

I don't mind pop up ads, but criminals are infecting this site with real nasty malware, and I wonder if the admins are aware how bad this problem really is... redirects are annoying, but when it starts to cost money it becomes something more serious.
mrdent
Nov 05, 2015 - permalink
None of the pages on the main site seen to be working, log in seems OK, chat room is open but messages do not post, all photos, main page, galleries, favs, etc., are blank.  ??? >:(
chevron
Nov 05, 2015 - permalink
^^^ same here.
twr
Dec 01, 2015 - permalink
What is with the browser hijack when I'm trying to sign in!? Arent ther protections you can use to protect our computers!?
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »