Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

*** New Virus Attack??? ***

chinchin
Jun 15, 2013 - permalink
Got a warning from Norton when trying to access both this and the other (photo) GWM websites today:

Attacking computer: Category: Intrusion Prevention
Date & Time, Risk, Activity, Status, Recommended Action, IPS Alert High, An intrusion attempt by zakesace.cu.cc was blocked. No Action Required, Web Attack: Malicious Website Accessed 2,No Action Required, No Action Required,"zakesace.cu.cc (37.221.172.12, 80)",zakesace.cu.cc/solutions/about.php,"  Network traffic from <b>zakesace.cu.cc/solutions/about.php</b> matches the signature of a known attack. 

I have the ads turned off, so that's not it.  Only happened when accessing the GWM websites, once I was in, the virus intrusion attempts ended.

Just me, or something new?
Jun 16, 2013 - permalink
I don't know if this is related, but Opera has blocked GWM as well, as of recently (I only noticed it today). "It has been reported for distributing malicious software," says Yandex.

Of course, if anything, we should probably be surprise that it has taken this long for GWM to be reported. The site's security is obviously an ongoing issue, and, though praise he may deserve for the site itself, Chainer does not seem to be handling it well.
chinchin
Jun 16, 2013 - permalink
No virus warnings this morning when I visited - maybe it's okay now?

But yes, this place sure seems to have its share of virus issues.  :(
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »