Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Too Many Photos?

musgrlfan1
Mar 10, 2012 - permalink
This is going to seem very contrary to the whole idea of a photo sharing site, but lately there have been a couple of members who have been posting mega uploads that have made the whole moderation process a burden.  I sat for thirty minutes the other night going thru the new photos in order to make it thru the entire queue.  Perhaps there should be a limit on the number of photos any one member can upload or have in moderation at any given time, or if there are large uploads, maybe they should go to the Site Moderators instead?  I'm sure the average member starts moderating and gives up in frustration due to the large number (many are duplicates too) of photos in the queue.
Chainer
Mar 11, 2012 - permalink
You don't actually have to make it through the entire queue. The idea is that you start moderating and do as many pictures as you feel like, the bonus being that you get to save any pictures that don't make it to the site that you like.

That said, the queue is unusually long currently (about 800 pictures). Usually it's closer to 200.

One solution the staff and I have proposed is that we limit the number of uploads any member can have in the queue at any one time (say, 100).
musgrlfan1
Mar 12, 2012 - permalink
Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd like to see.  It's just one or two mega posters like Planta who (although I appreciate the Brazilian girls as much as the next guy) are really bogging the whole thing on down.
Thread locked by cgsweat.
« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »